Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• TeflonTony Blair -
  • The colourful spinny wheel of death on an Apple Mac - the little piss taker.
  • Guardian newspaper banter
  • The point scoring about The Guardian that seems to creep into every non-charlton related thread on this forum. Grow up FFS, it's so tiresome.
  • cabbles said:

David Beckham at the BAFTAs - F' off Beckham it's not your industry. Retaining celebrity status by hanging out with other celebrities

John Bishop.

• Why is it that they can build the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world on time, but they can't get the lifts or bogs working at New Eltham station?

• Sponsored links:

• But do the lifts and bogs work at the Burj Khalifa?
  • the report in the Guardian today saying that New Eltham station is to be made into the tallest train station in the world.
  • Sitting in the cold on a Tuesday night , and my hip flask runs out.
  • iaitch said:

But do the lifts and bogs work at the Burj Khalifa?

How would I know, I get off at Waterloo East. Really!
  • iaitch said:

But do the lifts and bogs work at the Burj Khalifa?

the lifts dont but the khazi's on the top floor are open.
  • People who use the phrase "what I like to call".

Woman on the radio last week said "when my son went to, what I like to call, senior school ...".

What does she think everyone else calls it - an f ing cut loaf?

secondary school.............
  • edited February 2015

Why is it that they can build the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world on time, but they can't get the lifts or bogs working at New Eltham station?

RMT Union
  • Probably, drivers are endangered driving through stations with working lifts and toilets.
  • Although more dangerous having a train load of passengers busting for a crap!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is it that they can build the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world on time, but they can't get the lifts or bogs working at New Eltham station?

The Burj Khalifa is the exception to the rule in Dubai though - the only time anything gets built on time here is if a Sheikh has a vested interest. We've been waiting for the fucktard bureaucrats to allow our local supermarket to open since August. Nobody gives a shit. Useless pricks.

The Burj Khalifa is the exception to the rule in Dubai though - the only time anything gets built on time here is if a Sheikh has a vested interest. We've been waiting for the fucktard bureaucrats to allow our local supermarket to open since August. Nobody gives a shit. Useless pricks.
    I saw an episode of mega engineering talking about the hotel and yas marina racetrack being built for the F1 in Abu Dhabi. I appreciate it isn't Dubai, but they were really up against it given the timescales they were working too. Fascinating programme.

What are they doing about water consumption over there? I think it has some of the highest gallons used per person in the world, along with Vegas and some parts of California. Do they put in place any restrictions? I think it's falling but I am just interested to know about these things. thanks
  • cabbles said:

Why is it that they can build the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world on time, but they can't get the lifts or bogs working at New Eltham station?

I saw an episode of mega engineering talking about the hotel and yas marina racetrack being built for the F1 in Abu Dhabi. I appreciate it isn't Dubai, but they were really up against it given the timescales they were working too. Fascinating programme.

What are they doing about water consumption over there? I think it has some of the highest gallons used per person in the world, along with Vegas and some parts of California. Do they put in place any restrictions? I think it's falling but I am just interested to know about these things. thanks
    To be fair @cabbles, I don't know the ins and outs. I've only been here since the summer, so I only know what I see. Unfortunately, what is evident here is that, if you're not an important UAE official, your needs and concerns are just not important. You have to suck it up. End of.
    Having said all that, I love living here. It's great. The rant was just another 'general thing that annoys me'. :smile:
  • People who use the phrase "what I like to call".

Woman on the radio last week said "when my son went to, what I like to call, senior school ...".

What does she think everyone else calls it - an f ing cut loaf?

secondary school.............
    yeah,either that or high school. I certainly don't think I've ever used senior school

I've no doubt M'Lord. But when you're stuck on platform 2 at New Eltham with an inquisitive tortoise, it's of little concern.

• Assistants in shops who ask you if you want any assistance. Look, you have a uniform and a name tag, if I need any assistance I'll come and ask. Now f*** off!

(not that I'd ever dream of telling a minimum wage shop worker to f*** off, I've done my stint on the shop floor. In fact, the above is what I'd like to say wherein reality I'm really nice and would probably accept said assistance and end up buying something I really don't need nor want).
  • Count Arthur Strong
    This a show on the BBC.
    It is without doubt the biggest pile of Dogshit masquerading as a comedy I have ever had the misfortune to watch.
    Whoever wrote it, acted in it, or commissioned it, should be put in a boat taken out to the middle of the channel and sank.
    Utter Bilge.
  • When a bad egg buys your football club and thinks the best way to see a return on his investment is to broaden the range of pies on sale and paint a few seats which have seen slightly better days.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!