Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When in the overtaking lane on a dual carriageway or motorway and the car inside of you but just ahead decides to indicate just as you are in the overtaking zone.
    Is it not common sense that indicating this way is dangerous because, as the overtaking driver, you never know if they are going to pull out because they might not have seen you.
    I only indicate when the car overtaking is either alongside me or just gone past.
  • Treading on an upturned plug in bare feet.
  • Redskin said:

Treading on an upturned plug in bare feet.

I gave it a LOL but it's no laughing matter! Fookin painful
  • Posters that only ever turn up to share their insight when we've just departed with another manager...albeit that might be every couple of months these days.
  • Redskin said:

Treading on an upturned plug in bare feet.

It was less painful with the old 5 amp round pins.

• Old fat gits with ponytails and dangly earrings taking up 1.5 seats on the bus with the half seat next to him being the only space left
  • Old fat gits with ponytails and dangly earrings taking up 1.5 seats on the bus with the half seat next to him being the only space left

Have some respect, that's our new centre forward you're talking about.
  • Having to stand next to the pisser on the train all the way to work this morning!
  • Having to stand next to the pisser on the train all the way to work this morning!

Have some respect, that's our new centre forward you're talking about.
  • People (particularly the mrs) saying "dont be so defensive". Well stop attacking then? By its very nature being defensive is a reaction to or preparation for whatever the fuck you're doing/saying.

Reading "Admin time to close this thread now" or one of it's variations. Its always some self important bell end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robert Huth being charged by the FA for playing 'cock or no cock?' on Twitter.

Stupid.
  • When my alarm is going off in the morning and I drift back off and actually have a mini dream that I have got out of bed and got into the shower only to wake up 10 minutes late to see I'm late.
  • Trying to get your teenage son out of bed in the mornings........
  • Trying to get your five year old to get ready for school in the mornings
  • chappers said:

Not indicating at a roundabout!

This has really been annoying me this week. It's easy, there's no reason not to, it's infuriating.

Also getting to me is IBS. No matter what I eat it hits me. I've already given up fags, coffee, chocolate, bread, pastry, beer partially...
  • RedPanda said:

chappers said:

This has really been annoying me this week. It's easy, there's no reason not to, it's infuriating.

Also getting to me is IBS. No matter what I eat it hits me. I've already given up fags, coffee, chocolate, bread, pastry, beer partially...
    Hi Red Panda. I appreciate everyone's body is different etc but my mrs has always struggled with it. She went down the wheat & gluten free route and it has proved to be quite successful. The difficulty is how inconvenient it makes meal times etc. The free from ranges in the supermarket have got better (although still expensive).

It may not be that, so what I recommend is getting an allergy test. The mrs managed to stumble across one on groupon for a harley street clinic or wowcher or something that gave it to her for half price, £40 I think.

I can sympathise because I know it cripples her when she gets it, and no one tends to take it seriously etc, especially if you are a bloke.
  • Sliced white bread is evil, try cutting that out of your diet.
  • Sliced white bread is evil, try cutting that out of your diet.

Tasty though
  • RedPanda said:

chappers said:

Get tested for Coeliac Disease before you go cutting out any wheat based stuff. Got diagnosed with it last year and I'd previously been told I had IBS 20 years ago.

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

Hi Red Panda. I appreciate everyone's body is different etc but my mrs has always struggled with it. She went down the wheat & gluten free route and it has proved to be quite successful. The difficulty is how inconvenient it makes meal times etc. The free from ranges in the supermarket have got better (although still expensive).

It may not be that, so what I recommend is getting an allergy test. The mrs managed to stumble across one on groupon for a harley street clinic or wowcher or something that gave it to her for half price, £40 I think.

I can sympathise because I know it cripples her when she gets it, and no one tends to take it seriously etc, especially if you are a bloke.
    Thanks for that. I have had tests at my doctor's but not a proper allergy test. Apparently I'm not celiac but I guess wheat could still upset me, it's so inconsistent. I'm a fairly happy person at the moment too so it's not stress.

I'll book another doctor's appointment (he said next time he'll send me for a scan) and keep an eye out for full-on allergy tests elsewhere.
  • cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

And the same as I said to Red Panda. Get the Mrs properly tested for Coeliac Disease, by which I mean via a blood test (she'd have to be back on Gluten for a period of time beforehand though) and possibly an endoscopy. Knowing you have it or not is important because of the implications it can have/has had on you. It is possible she just has an allergy to the stuff, but Coeliac is an autoimmune disease and it's worth knowing if it's that or not.

• cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

And the same as I said to Red Panda. Get the Mrs properly tested for Coeliac Disease, by which I mean via a blood test (she'd have to be back on Gluten for a period of time beforehand though) and possibly an endoscopy. Knowing you have it or not is important because of the implications it can have/has had on you. It is possible she just has an allergy to the stuff, but Coeliac is an autoimmune disease and it's worth knowing if it's that or not.

cheers I_was, I'll let her know. the irony was that the allergy test she did highlighted the biggest bump on her arm was down too tomatoes. However, when she eats tomatoes, no stomach pain, so you could be onto something
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

cheers I_was, I'll let her know. the irony was that the allergy test she did highlighted the biggest bump on her arm was down too tomatoes. However, when she eats tomatoes, no stomach pain, so you could be onto something
    Lumps and bumps can be a thing called Dermatitis Herpetiformis. I had a mild case of it before diagnosis. Check out the Coeliac Uk website. It'll give you info on symptoms etc., and what to do if you think it's that. You may be surprised by the amount of symptoms there are and I could have ticked off at least half of them had I even known what the disease was before I was diagnosed. If you want anymore info or help, rather than clogging this topic up, just pm me.

• cabbles said:

cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

Lumps and bumps can be a thing called Dermatitis Herpetiformis. I had a mild case of it before diagnosis. Check out the Coeliac Uk website. It'll give you info on symptoms etc., and what to do if you think it's that. You may be surprised by the amount of symptoms there are and I could have ticked off at least half of them had I even known what the disease was before I was diagnosed. If you want anymore info or help, rather than clogging this topic up, just pm me.

sorry I wasn't clear. I meant when they do the test, they prick you on your arm with the ingredient/food extract to see a reaction, and tomatoes gave the biggest lump. She doesn't get lumps from eating tomatoes, I'd probably be lobbing them at her for fun of that was the case :wink:
  • people who over use the phrase 'to be fair' and put it at the end of pretty much every one of their sentences. There's really no need for it. 'This place is really nice, to be fair'.

I've started replying in a really patronising way saying 'WELL! As long as you're being fair!'
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

RedPanda said:

chappers said:

sorry I wasn't clear. I meant when they do the test, they prick you on your arm with the ingredient/food extract to see a reaction, and tomatoes gave the biggest lump. She doesn't get lumps from eating tomatoes, I'd probably be lobbing them at her for fun of that was the case :wink:
    Tomatoes are a nightshade and that group of foods can aggravate people. I'd just be wary of the skin tests for these conditions rather than have them checked out properly. I purportedly had a corn allergy when in fact I didn't. Same with IBS, just took 20 years for the right diagnosis!!

• people who over use the phrase 'to be fair' and put it at the end of pretty much every one of their sentences. There's really no need for it. 'This place is really nice, to be fair'.

I've started replying in a really patronising way saying 'WELL! As long as you're being fair!'

Or "Not being funny but" If it starts like that then it won't be funny.
  • Soft shell crabs
  • Plastic bags at supermarkets. I can't open them and i'm often responsible for queues because of this.

Everyone else seems to be able to just peel the two sides apart. Why can't I?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!