Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Looks like competitive dad is getting beaten by his kids.
  • I'll back you up there MrOneLung. I bought a copy recently and played it as part of a drinking game and it was ridiculously easy.

We all went out cold sober
  • He was four a month ago - I expected him to have tantrums as too difficult but ridiculously easy now.
  • Games today aren't about the challenge, they just make it easy to win. My brothers' kids play board games where all you literally do is a roll a dice then throw a tantrum when they not the one who rolled enough high numbers to get to the end of the board first, despite that there's no skill involved and it's all luck anyway.

My friend got a game for his kids called 'Don't Scramble the Egg' and it's brilliant for both adults and kids alike, probably a minimum age of 4 or 5 but as long as a kid can speak and adults take it easy it's great fun.
  • Things that middle England get excited about such as Broadchurch - no I'm not interested in your bland middle of the road ITV dramas to satisfy likely M&S shareholders
  • Kerplunk simply isn't the game it used to be either
  • Arsenal fans complaining about Chelsea fans complaining about 'only being joint top' when they themselves have been complaining about 'only being top 4' for years
    #complaining
  • Arsenal fans/blockquote>

• cabbles said:

I've posted on the xmas party thread that I pretty much can't stand one of my colleagues. Today, don't know how the topic of conversation came up, but we got onto education. She said, and I quote "kids learn better manners in private school"

I'm happy to have a chat about the advantages and disadvantages of how to educate your kids, I respect people's opinions either way. I'm literally still angry about it. Probably one of the most disgusting sweeping generalisations I've ever heard.

Sounds like your colleague knows the right buttons to push to wind you up.
    I have a male work colleague just the same - and I fall for it every time and get angry when I should just ignore the idiot.
  • MrOneLung said:

No, kids learn manners at home, not at public/private school.

Problem is that an increasing number of parents these days have few, if any manners so although I agree with you I still feel schools can play their part - whether State or Public/Private.
    Too late to change parents with no manners but for impressionable kids, there is still hope if the schools play a part in promoting good manners and respect?
  • Sponsored links:

• purdis said:

cabbles said:

I've posted on the xmas party thread that I pretty much can't stand one of my colleagues. Today, don't know how the topic of conversation came up, but we got onto education. She said, and I quote "kids learn better manners in private school"

I'm happy to have a chat about the advantages and disadvantages of how to educate your kids, I respect people's opinions either way. I'm literally still angry about it. Probably one of the most disgusting sweeping generalisations I've ever heard.

Sounds like your colleague knows the right buttons to push to wind you up.
    I have a male work colleague just the same - and I fall for it every time and get angry when I should just ignore the idiot.
    And it's back to work on Monday. Fortunately we've been off for 2 weeks over the Xmas break, but it does mean she'll have 2 weeks of bollocks she'll want to impart on me.
  • edited January 2015
    National News on TV.

The American influence has rendered it unnecessarily graphic but, most of all, the news is always bloody miserable and read with increasing solemnity by our news readers to demonstrate the gravity of the article.

This is making our ageing nation of retired folk increasingly miserable so is bad news for all.

My Mrs and I are considering a 'Good News' channel but we decided it would be out of business in no time as many folk seem to like misery - gives 'em something else to moan about.

So, we've settled on a 'Mostly Good News with a bit of Bad News' channel.

The good news for the end of next season, 'Charlton Athletic FC have today smashed the history books by becoming the first team to win all 46 Championship League games' - well done Charlton'.

• Number plates that try and make a word but nobody can work out what that word actually is.
  • purdis said:

Number plates that try and make a word but nobody can work out what that word actually is.

There was one decent one we saw on the A12 near Chelmsford last year on an AUDI R8 convertible.
    The number plate was KNO88ER.

Thought that was pretty decent.
  • Politicians trying to justify yet another rise in the cost of travel by train.

Public service, not private greed.
  • Unless you are prepared to fly solo (which I'm not), ending you days drinking as you group filters off just when you are getting in the zone. Grrr.
  • Found a friend, delete last whinge :-)
  • I'm round the corner, you could have been.my Goose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ. Do I have the abily to get ten hour smashed on really random days with the most skeletoned staffed drinking partnership
  • Christ. Do I have the abily to get ten hour smashed on really random days with the most skeletoned staffed drinking partnership

Another thread our most esteemed moderator has decided will be at the whim of his drunken ramblings. First the South Eastern thread, now this. When will this rampage end?
  • cabbles said:

Christ. Do I have the abily to get ten hour smashed on really random days with the most skeletoned staffed drinking partnership

Another thread our most esteemed moderator has decided will be at the whim of his drunken ramblings. First the South Eastern thread, now this. When will this rampage end?
    The kebab shop
  • Fiiish said:

Games today aren't about the challenge, they just make it easy to win. My brothers' kids play board games where all you literally do is a roll a dice then throw a tantrum when they not the one who rolled enough high numbers to get to the end of the board first, despite that there's no skill involved and it's all luck anyway.

So like Ludo?
  • purdis said:

Number plates that try and make a word but nobody can work out what that word actually is.

TO553RS
  • The dumbing down of the documentary channels on tv. I'm not saying they were ever that varied, interesting or rigorous, but at least in the old days you could find out about someone who tried to assassinate Hitler or how many different critters could kill you in the Australian outback. Nowadays it seems to be nothing but wall to wall storage and auction programmes. If I see another show with an incredibly dull pun on the word "pawn" in the title, I shall vomit.
  • Stig said:

The dumbing down of the documentary channels on tv. I'm not saying they were ever that varied, interesting or rigorous, but at least in the old days you could find out about someone who tried to assassinate Hitler or how many different critters could kill you in the Australian outback. Nowadays it seems to be nothing but wall to wall storage and auction programmes. If I see another show with an incredibly dull pun on the word "pawn" in the title, I shall vomit.

There's only a few I like now. Extreme or Mega Engineering is very good. How the Universe works. God knows how the 'pawn' stores are somehow on there. Also, I thought I saw an advert for mafia Amish people on there as well. Bizarre
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

The dumbing down of the documentary channels on tv. I'm not saying they were ever that varied, interesting or rigorous, but at least in the old days you could find out about someone who tried to assassinate Hitler or how many different critters could kill you in the Australian outback. Nowadays it seems to be nothing but wall to wall storage and auction programmes. If I see another show with an incredibly dull pun on the word "pawn" in the title, I shall vomit.

There's only a few I like now. Extreme or Mega Engineering is very good. How the Universe works. God knows how the 'pawn' stores are somehow on there. Also, I thought I saw an advert for mafia Amish people on there as well. Bizarre
    Fish Tank Kings on Nat Geo.
    Wtf next?
  • purdis said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

Wtf next?
    I subscribed to the National Geographic magazine for for over ten years. Amazing how such a good publication can have such rubbish tv channels. The discovery channel used to good but it morphed into many and consequently went down hill.
  • purdis said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

Wtf next?
    I subscribed to the National Geographic magazine for for over ten years. Amazing how such a good publication can have such rubbish tv channels. The discovery channel used to good but it morphed into many and consequently went down hill.
    Tivo/SKY HD with hard drive, TV on Demand and SMART TV have probably saved television as a form of media.

They make programmes about any old rubbish, why, I know not but at least we can now record and watch what we want and, most importantly, skip adverts.

Am I the only one who is, whenever switching on SKY or changing channel, confronted by adverts, pretty much every time? Is it possible SKY could develop a system whereby whoever switches on their TV, they automatically get adverts? Highly unlikely but it bloody well seems like that.

Just subscribed to Amazon Prime and got free 1 month trial of Amazon Instant Video and that is really good.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!