Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2015

• Looking in the mirror and wondering what happened to the David Cassidy look a like ?

When all i can see is Hopalong Cassidy!
  • People who use stupid americanisms such as "my bad" (my bad what? - makes no sense), or "do the math" (should have an 's', but annoying saying regardless), or say "can I get" instead of "may I have" when ordering food in cafes/coffee shops. Talk English that makes sense.

People in coffee shops. A list of annoyances too long to mention.

People serving in shops and cafes who greet you with "are you ok?" instead of "how can I help you" I'm obviously not "ok" if I am standing here waiting to be served, just ask me what I want rather than how I feel.

Commentators who say "saved by the post/bar/woodwork." No, that is a miss. The goal is the bit in the middle, anything outside is a failure to score. Idiots.

people in shops. (ditto, people in coffee shops)

Actually, when I think about it, it might be people in general that annoy me.

My five year old son brings home books to read and we as parents have to write a comment in his reading record about his progress etc. In the book he brought home last night it contained the expression "can I get? ". Getting enshrined into English this!
    Great opportunity to register your protest in your comment then PM!
  • When driving along and you flick a cigarette out the window then a couple of minutes later you smell something funny and turn round to see your nan fingering herself on the back seat.........,,,

WTF.........
  • When driving along and you flick a cigarette out the window then a couple of minutes later you smell something funny and turn round to see your nan fingering herself on the back seat.........,,,

I find that shocking ...................
    People who smoke in cars.

• edited March 2015

When driving along and you flick a cigarette out the window then a couple of minutes later you smell something funny and turn round to see your nan fingering herself on the back seat.........,,,

Or even worse somebody doing that to your Nan in the back seat.
    If I ever ask you for a lift, please refuse.
  • When driving, I hear a car horn I brake and look round before realising it was sound effects for an advert on the radio.
  • Sponsored links:

Funniest post I've ever read on this forum that @cafcdave123 , glad to call you a mate! You done yaself proud there pal and I'll now shut up before I get emotional!
  • People who use stupid americanisms such as "my bad" (my bad what? - makes no sense), or "do the math" (should have an 's', but annoying saying regardless), or say "can I get" instead of "may I have" when ordering food in cafes/coffee shops. Talk English that makes sense.

People in coffee shops. A list of annoyances too long to mention.

People serving in shops and cafes who greet you with "are you ok?" instead of "how can I help you" I'm obviously not "ok" if I am standing here waiting to be served, just ask me what I want rather than how I feel.

Commentators who say "saved by the post/bar/woodwork." No, that is a miss. The goal is the bit in the middle, anything outside is a failure to score. Idiots.

people in shops. (ditto, people in coffee shops)

Actually, when I think about it, it might be people in general that annoy me.

I'm with you all the way on this. People are the problem.

"My bad" is something that makes me cringe when I hear it. We have a woman at work who says it amongst other things. Another one of her favourites is "Happy Friday". Every time she says it I get the urge to stab her in the eye with a biro (harsh I know). But I do like the idea of screaming "happy EYEDAY" after doing it!
    In additional to to this, I've just Another annoyingly blood boiling word used on another thread......."SIMPLES" another one for the list.
  • Schedule:- People who pronounce it 'Skedule'.....its pronounced 'Shedule' unless you are an American, in which case you are allowed to pronounce it incorrectly..........
  • People who buy shit phones then complain on the Android play store that games aren't running well and apps are crashing
  • People who buy shit phones then complain on the Android play store that games aren't running well and apps are crashing

People who buy shit phones in general and don't change the default ring/text tones, so you're constantly hearing the same 'whistling' sound effect.
  • Greenie said:

Schedule:- People who pronounce it 'Skedule'.....its pronounced 'Shedule' unless you are an American, in which case you are allowed to pronounce it incorrectly..........

Bloody Sky Sports presenters do it all the time...
  • "Gotten"

'gotten' is a middle english word used by Shakespeare, Bacon and Pope, so in my mind, legitimate. It is still used in regional English. As a child in deepest Kent, where there were still people with a proper Kent accent, 'gotten' was regularly used.
  • For quite a few weeks now I have been putting blocks on my mobile stopping these nuisance calls. I has been working, but today several of them have used whatsapp to get to me as notifications, apparently they have been urgently trying to contact me about an accident I haven't yet claimed for. Annoying little Bastards.
  • "Gotten"

'gotten' is a middle english word used by Shakespeare, Bacon and Pope, so in my mind, legitimate. It is still used in regional English. As a child in deepest Kent, where there were still people with a proper Kent accent, 'gotten' was regularly used.
    I know. It has survived in America but largely been 'forgotten' over here. It is not the Queen's English to use it though, so it is still an Americanism.
  • Sponsored links:

• The domestic cat; killing over 70 million song birds a year in the UK alone
  • The Europa League.
  • Greenie said:

When driving along and you flick a cigarette out the window then a couple of minutes later you smell something funny and turn round to see your nan fingering herself on the back seat.........,,,

WTF.........
    Surprised you didn't flag it.

brogib said:

The domestic cat; killing over 70 million song birds a year in the UK alone

It's nature mate. The annoying thing should be ignorant owners. Put a bell on your cat.

• No, not Big Ben.
  • edited March 2015

"Gotten"

I know. It has survived in America but largely been 'forgotten' over here. It is not the Queen's English to use it though, so it is still an Americanism.
    It's very much still the Queen's English. The definitive record tells us:

Screenshot 2015-03-13 08.34.56

Personally I love it, but I only ever use it when I've gotten all cantankerous.
  • WayneK said:

Greenie said:

WTF.........
    Surprised you didn't flag it.

brogib said:

The domestic cat; killing over 70 million song birds a year in the UK alone

It's nature mate. The annoying thing should be ignorant owners. Put a bell on your cat.

Wild song birds are far more indigenous than the domestic cat - take their teeth, claws and reproductive organs out at birth.
  • So they can't defend themselves?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!