Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2015

When Derby County are winning 2-0 in the 92nd minute earning me £150 only to concede twice within 3mins of injury time against Birmingham.

Yes it happened weeks ago but god am I still bitter about it, drove through Derby in August when me and my partner went to the Peak District on Holiday and the road signs are bloody awful, hate that place

Whoa Bad Betty... :wink:
  • LenGlover said:

Roadworks.

Or rather roadworks where the road is coned off, speed limits and average speed cameras in place and not a soul working.

Bastards.

My vote will go to whichever party stops this systematic persecution and hatred of motorists.

Bring back the Cones Hotline eh Len?

;-)
  • edited March 2015

People who bet all the time, and then only show off their monthy winning slip on social media. ValleyGary is now officially exempt from this criticism.

People who win monthly, rather than bianally.
  • Me van going on the blink
  • Working a solid weekend and on telling the customer you're all done through email, them replying from Holland "Great, we'll sort the payment ouut when we're over in April" tncu!
  • Sticky keys on me keyboard
  • baggsy we have a grumpy old men thread ...i ll be on it all day
  • brogib said:

Sticky keys on me keyboard

Use your socks not the screen if you ain't got wipes
  • getting a phone call when you're half way through a Creme Egg.
  • Sponsored links:

• shite, was that you Dave?
  • Macronate said:

shite, was that you Dave?

How did you eat his?
  • brogib said:

Working a solid weekend and on telling the customer you're all done through email, them replying from Holland "Great, we'll sort the payment ouut when we're over in April" tncu!

+

It's only tomorrow mate.

• Yeah and they still owe me dough from December that they were gonna pay in March....
  • The POA - spineless shower of shite.
  • People who when being interviewed start with the words: "like I say".

You haven't said anything yet, numbskull!
  • edited March 2015
    radio show pairings, who surprise surprise, always seem to take the opposite viewpoint.

Do they really think everyone's that stupid?
  • radio show pairings, who surprise surprise, always seem to take the opposite viewpoint.

Do they really think everyone is that stupid?

Brazil and Parry spring to mind
  • Talksport is rife for it, and prompted this post
  • Talksport is rife for it, and prompted this post

Thing is, I think we can all appreciate that they are a commercial radio station and need premium rate calls to make a few quid but they will get them anyway. And when it's so ridiculously obvious what they are doing and you hear some thicko like Darren Gough trying to make something sound like he really cares about it purely because his producer has told him to just makes me switch off. Andy Jacobs and Hawksby do a great show and James O'brien is brilliant on LBC and they are both on day time pensioner shifts. They don't do this arguing a point purely to antagonise someone to phone up and rant nonsense.

Well said smudge
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a small pair of tweezers confiscated at the airport, then being handed a beer on board in a bottle!
  • Adrian Durham of Talksport. I listen to drive just because I like some football chat on the way home. He loves himself. His producer mate is a Millwall fan so he likes a dig at us albeit rarely, but the Barnsley home game that got called off springs to mind. He couldn't wait to lay into us that day. He thinks Carl Jenkinson will be the next big thing for England, just because he interviewed him. On presenter profile he says that everyone told him he wouldn't last a day when he started there, and he then goes onto say that he's still there 14 years later etc.

Yeah well done Adrian, you are great. Also, when they ask the other presenters who they would like to do a show with, no one ever says him. Funny that
  • Items you order off the internet. You get all excited about receiving them (eg table tennis table I ordered for the kids for the Easter hols). You open the box and out flops 2,000 parts and a stupid instructions leaflet with is written is illegible sign language to cater for 300 different languages. Batstards.
  • kafka said:

Items you order off the internet. You get all excited about receiving them (eg table tennis table I ordered for the kids for the Easter hols). You open the box and out flops 2,000 parts and a stupid instructions leaflet with is written is illegible sign language to cater for 300 different languages. Batstards.

I think that's a brilliant idea for the kids over Easter and if they put it together this holiday, they might be able to play on it next half term. ; )
  • When someone in front of you drives well below the speed limit, tapping the break intermittently, then just as you approach a traffic light that's turning amber, they slam on the gas and whizz through leaving you stuck on red!
  • Drivers who obey the speed limit - go on live a little.......
  • radio show pairings, who surprise surprise, always seem to take the opposite viewpoint.

"Coming up on Charlton Life FM it's our new phone in, The Bournemouth Addick & Fiiish Show..."
    Oh god no

Yeah it drives me absolutely nuts when John Humphrys and Sarah Montague go for the argumentative banter in the morning. I much prefer them like this:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!