Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fiiish said:

radio show pairings, who surprise surprise, always seem to take the opposite viewpoint.

Do they really think everyone's that stupid?

"Coming up on Charlton Life FM it's our new phone in, The Bournemouth Addick & Fiiish Show..."
    Oh god no
    Okay, okay...how about "The Fiiish & Bournemouth Addick Show" then? Blimey, some people are so precious... ;-)
  • Travelling through East Midlands Airport with toiletries in a clear bag which fit the dimensions stated on travel regulations, only to have to wait 10 minutes for security to transfer them to a smaller bag for no apparent reason, then have it handed straight back to us and be sent on our way...
  • Travelling through East Midlands Airport with toiletries in a clear bag which fit the dimensions stated on travel regulations, only to have to wait 10 minutes for security to transfer them to a smaller bag for no apparent reason, then have it handed straight back to us and be sent on our way...

Same at Bristol, Stansted ain't too bad
  • rina said:

people who every year try to show off how clever they are by posting 'april fool' or similar after every attempted april fool on the internet. it's not clever, it's irritating and it ruins everyone elses fun as it doesn't allow us to laugh at the more gullible people who would otherwise fall for the joke

I'll quote myself to save typing it out again
  • The Taff off the One Show
  • brogib said:

The Taff off the One Show

Sort tho
  • brogib said:

The Taff off the One Show

Sort tho
    Affirmative !
  • Greenie said:

Drivers who obey the speed limit - go on live a little.......

We're now so conditioned to be afraid of Big Brother watching that we're afraid to give that a lol.
    May I add, unless in a built up area?
  • edited April 2015
    kafka said:

Items you order off the internet. You get all excited about receiving them (eg table tennis table I ordered for the kids for the Easter hols). You open the box and out flops 2,000 parts and a stupid instructions leaflet with is written is illegible sign language to cater for 300 different languages. Batstards.

Purdis is a DIY disaster - put my table tennis table together and the net was upside down - makes the game more interesting - plays havoc with my lumbago, though.
  • the happy/sad face speed signs, condescending twats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

the happy/sad face speed signs, condescending twats.

Never notice them, always go past too fast to see.
    Just see the back of it's head
  • The sign that says my mum works on this site thanks for driving carefully, well his mum gets about more than a toothless jk guest from Coventry, she was in leeds last week and nthampton this
  • Pencils that won't be sharpened.
  • When Youtube loads a new song (to play immediately after the song I wanted) based on what it thinks my preferences are or, more likely, what is worth more money to them.

I've listened to one Hungarian rap song. I don't want to listen to various Moldovan folk musicians you've chosen, Youtube. And I definitely don't want to listen to Taylor Swift's greatest hits playlist.
  • Alarm clocks.
  • When you ask someone for directions and they guess
  • People who don't have a sat nav, Luddites - no excuse in this day and age.
  • People who cannot read maps
  • edited April 2015
    That woman on the sat nav who repeatedly states "you have arrived at your destination" when you know you are still 10 miles away and she is evidently on a frolic of her own!

• Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

the happy/sad face speed signs, condescending twats.

Never notice them, always go past too fast to see.
    :smile:
  • Greenie said:

People who don't have a sat nav, Luddites - no excuse in this day and age.

Unless their cigarette lighter is broken, like mine, and not going to pay to have fixed on my 14 year old car
  • The woman on the satnav who keeps telling me to take a half left
  • People who agree to sell you their house so you can let it out to your friends, then after you have flown 1500 miles to look at it, cashed in your premium bonds to pay for it, paid solicitors to start the ball rolling decide on the day before a long bank holiday weekend that they had, in fact, lied about being able to get a mortgage for the place they were moving to, and are pulling out...
  • People who agree to sell you their house so you can let it out to your friends, then after you have flown 1500 miles to look at it, cashed in your premium bonds to pay for it, paid solicitors to start the ball rolling decide on the day before a long bank holiday weekend that they had, in fact, lied about being able to get a mortgage for the place they were moving to, and are pulling out...

Calls for a bit of voilence that pal
  • edited April 2015
    brogib said:

People who agree to sell you their house so you can let it out to your friends, then after you have flown 1500 miles to look at it, cashed in your premium bonds to pay for it, paid solicitors to start the ball rolling decide on the day before a long bank holiday weekend that they had, in fact, lied about being able to get a mortgage for the place they were moving to, and are pulling out...

Calls for a bit of voilence that pal
    I am feeling a tad wound up Rob, I must admit... Pleased that she is 1500 miles away to be honest, or her windows might be suffering.
  • People who don't know the difference between haggling and bartering.....
  • People who can't fix a cigarette lighter on their car or don't download a free sat nav app for their phone. :wink:
  • edited April 2015
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!