Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

People who pronounce the word says to rhyme with haze and not hez. Johnny Ball when telling the time on Playschool used to do this and it has really annoyed me ever since.

100% this. There's definitely been an increase in this recently. Sounds ridiculous.
  • Spent the past few days cleaning my flat for handing the keys back to lettings agency. Check against inventory. Flat is looking spotless, better condition than it was when I moved in. Definitely going to get the full deposit back.

As I was leaving I tripped on a cord, pulled a plug out of the socket, and it takes a chunk of the plastic from the socket with it. No time to fix, had to trudge off and hand in the keys. Wouldve been cheaper and more enjoyable to leave the flat in a mess, work instead and pay for their cleaner.
  • Family.
  • Intermittent internet
  • Connection
  • More people like this:

No fog+fog lights on=twats

Than like this:
    Greenie said:

Foggy morning + Grey cars + No lights on = Twats.

= Unbelievable Jeff!
  • Longleat safari park, wtf has happened to.it over £100 for a family ticket, yet the place has lost its charm and sold out to Costa etc really disappointed don't mind spending money on a decent day out but this wasn't vfm
  • Longleat safari park, wtf has happened to.it over £100 for a family ticket, yet the place has lost its charm and sold out to Costa etc really disappointed don't mind spending money on a decent day out but this wasn't vfm

Woburn is just as bad. I paid £78 on Monday for us to basically sit in a 3 hour traffic jam in a park . The animals seem to be having a day off too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Changing the oil in a rear diff, rounding off the sump plug, syphoning it out from the inlet, being distracted by your daughter who wonders what you're doing and getting a mouthful of manky hypoid 90.
  • Changing the oil in a rear diff, rounding off the sump plug, syphoning it out from the inlet, being distracted by your daughter who wonders what you're doing and getting a mouthful of manky hypoid 90.

I hate getting a mouthful of manky.

I hate getting a mouthful of manky.
    Lol. Honestly mate, gearbox oil is disgusting, would rather have had what you're insinuating.
  • Just checked the reciept £113.42p wtf, the safari bit I can't fault as the Tigers were playing right by the cars and the monkeys jumped on every car, watched a focus get annihilated, but the other parts the maze the shows were terrible and some shows were canx with no notice

you could go VIP £299 per person gold vip, silver vip £175 pp bronze £135 pp

£1200 for one day a family of 4 in longleat you would have to be mad to pay that
  • The latest Cuprinol advert where the couple 'dance' while painting a shed blue, for some reason I find it so annoying I could cheerfully machine gun the pair of them!
  • The latest Cuprinol advert where the couple 'dance' while painting a shed blue, for some reason I find it so annoying I could cheerfully machine gun the pair of them!

She is fit though
  • Driving in yet another Speed Averaging camera zone set at 40mph and setting cruise control to 40mph and not finding out if the several drivers who just flew past you at about 70mph, actually got away with it or if they know something about the cameras functioning that you don't.

Here's somebody who didn't get away with it:
    http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich_huntingdon_former_ipswich_town_footballer_titus_bramble_is_fined_for_speeding_1_2347937
  • purdis said:

Driving in yet another Speed Averaging camera zone set at 40mph and setting cruise control to 40mph and not finding out if the several drivers who just flew past you at about 70mph, actually got away with it or if they know something about the cameras functioning that you don't.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich_huntingdon_former_ipswich_town_footballer_titus_bramble_is_fined_for_speeding_1_2347937

Spot on Purds. I often wonder if I got away with it cruising through those pesky 40mph zones at 70 with my false plates on!

As for Brambles. Oh for the Swedish system of means tested fines. The guy a couple of years back who got fined 165,000 pounds for doing 180mph on one of their motorways.
  • purdis said:

Driving in yet another Speed Averaging camera zone set at 40mph and setting cruise control to 40mph and not finding out if the several drivers who just flew past you at about 70mph, actually got away with it or if they know something about the cameras functioning that you don't.

Spot on Purds. I often wonder if I got away with it cruising through those pesky 40mph zones at 70 with my false plates on!

As for Brambles. Oh for the Swedish system of means tested fines. The guy a couple of years back who got fined 165,000 pounds for doing 180mph on one of their motorways.
    Jusus - I can hear the Tories exploding from here...
  • JaShea99 said:

Riviera said:

People who pronounce the word says to rhyme with haze and not hez. Johnny Ball when telling the time on Playschool used to do this and it has really annoyed me ever since.

100% this. There's definitely been an increase in this recently. Sounds ridiculous.
    Todd Carty used to do the same on Eastenders.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who insist on going 10 miles an hour under the speed limit or don't stick to a consistent speed where possible. It's really annoying especially when I'm trying to post on charlton life whilst driving.
  • Here they have speed controlled traffic lights, if you are going over 50KPH in certain zones, they turn red to stop you. Often you will find people travelling at a steady 60KPH through 70 and even 90KPH zones, not giving a shit about any other road user (and these are not tourists I am talking about) then when they come to one of these lights, they carry on at 60 regardless, trip the light and ignore it, leaving the law-abiding traffic behind them sitting waiting for the light to go green again.

That's when you wish you had a DB7 with machine guns behind the headlights.
  • purdis said:

20 miles of this on the M1. 19 miles of cones, 1 mile of actual road works. Money making scam.
  • edited April 2015
    kafka said:

purdis said:

20 miles of this on the M1. 19 miles of cones, 1 mile of actual road works. Money making scam.
    Agreed and it is making the public angry and more anti-police/anti-establishment.

It is also dangerous because frustrated truck drivers start pressing/hassling you to drive faster and tailgating and this is increasingly unnerving many drivers.

Someone needs to address this disease urgently.

Of course, the official response will be that it's done to improve road safety, slow drivers down and help meet emission levels - most of which we know is complete tosh.

I was in Blackheath/Greenwich/Charlton area yesterday afternoon and drove down the A12 from Ipswich.
    There are cones for 9 miles from Ipswich to Dedham, nr Colchester (Constable country - the painter, that is, not the copper), a 40mph speed limit and newly installed Yellow speed averaging cameras everywhere (these are to be permanent after the cones have eventually been removed). The same again from south of Chelmsford all the way to the M25.

It has been like this now for 3-4 months and they only work at night on short stretches of road so in the day it should all be different.

What really irks me is that there is a bunch of smart arses sitting in a control room somewhere counting the cash from the fines and looking at the frustrated but controlled-by-Big-Brother driver's desperate and stressed faces and enjoying every controlling second of it.

The irony is that cars, vans & trucks are getting faster so what is the point of this when drivers can't use thst speed? Talk about trying to reduce emmissions - a complete joke.

Here endeth the rant!
  • purdis said:

kafka said:

purdis said:

...There are cones for 9 miles from Ipswich to Dedham, nr Colchester (Constable country - the painter, that is, not the copper), a 40mph speed limit and newly installed Yellow speed averaging cameras everywhere (these are to be permanent after the cones have eventually been removed). The same again from south of Chelmsford all the way to the M25...
    Same on the A13 from Thurrock to Dagenham. Is it an Essex thing?
  • Stig said:

purdis said:

kafka said:

purdis said:

...There are cones for 9 miles from Ipswich to Dedham, nr Colchester (Constable country - the painter, that is, not the copper), a 40mph speed limit and newly installed Yellow speed averaging cameras everywhere (these are to be permanent after the cones have eventually been removed). The same again from south of Chelmsford all the way to the M25...
    Same on the A13 from Thurrock to Dagenham. Is it an Essex thing?
    It's spreading like wildfire, unfortunately.
  • Same on a stretch of the M54. No sign of anyone working of course.
  • Not being able to open the fortitude thread as not watched last nights episode...
  • Knowing that I have no right to be pissed off tonight when I don't win the Euro Millions but I still will be.
  • And so called friends posting in that thread so its bumped up and its winking at you.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!