Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Greenie said:

Team GB, I hate the name, were not bloody American, 'Go Team GB' when did this change? we should be called
    The Great British Team or The GB Team.

Especially as the team is Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
    Believe it is particularly annoying to the Norn Irish.

• Greenie said:

March51 said:

Motorcyclists, big and small, who stay sat on their bikes when filling up with petrol. What's the point? Also bikers who walk around with their full face helmet pushed up to the top of their head.

The point is that the bike is kept upright so more fuel can be added.
    Yes, I can see that. On reflection I suppose I'm going by my old Bonnie which, when full to the brim, leaks from the cap because of the famous Triumph vibrations. I still think sitting when filling makes it a more clumsy operation though, with more chance of the nozzle dripping on to the tank. Also you've got to put the bike on the stand anyway when you go to pay. But each to his own.
  • Poncy coffee -
    when I go to get a coffee , that's all I want - a bloody coffee . The trouble is I have to stand in queue of people who want - mocca locca latte Cappachono dooda's that take 5 minutes to make .
    Just give me a bloody good old fashioned coffee !!!
  • edited July 2012

Poncy coffee -
    when I go to get a coffee , that's all I want - a bloody coffee . The trouble is I have to stand in queue of people who want - mocca locca latte Cappachono dooda's that take 5 minutes to make .

It's not so long ago that I asked for a cup of tea hoping to avoid all the coffee confusion. They even got me with tea though. "English Breakfast?", I was asked. "No thank's, just the tea" - DOH!
  • Stig said:

Poncy coffee -

It's not so long ago that I asked for a cup of tea hoping to avoid all the coffee confusion. They even got me with tea though. "English Breakfast?", I was asked. "No thank's, just the tea" - DOH!
    Rosewood,mahogany,teak.....what would you like your breakfast tray made out of.

Basil Fawlty.

• And why is a plain black coffee called an Americano ??? It's a PLAIN BLACK COFFEE you starbuck morons :)
  • Poncy coffee -

Couldn't agree more!

It seems impossible now to order an ordinary coffee.

They always ask if you want something ending in "o" and I always say I just want a cup of coffee please like you'd make for your mum at home (the average age of these people tends to be 12 or thereabouts) if she asked you for one.

That usually works!
  • edited July 2012
    I went to a Coffee shop in new York and got overheard saying to my mates wife I'll just have a normal coffee cheers.

She sighed giggled and gave it 'oh honey if only it was that simple' in her best American pie Seattle accent. Fucking mongoloids in the queue lowered their iPhones for long enough to roll their eyes as if I was the biggest thicko on planet earth. My last shred of dignity kept me from biting and throwing a tantrum. Just. Thing is, the normal coffee was called americano lait. Basically black coffee with milk. Perfect
  • Americanos aren't that normal either... It's an expresso with extra water. Or a long black in new Zealand. Try asking for that with a straight face. Filter coffee is where it's at. If they have it.
  • Looks like I've started something here !!
  • Sponsored links:

• If Americano is black coffee, why do they offer you milk? Never can get my head round that.
  • Organizations that seek to gain publicity from cafc when we are doing well but are nowhere to be seen as we plummet down the leagues.
  • People who dont turn up to appointments, especially when youve moved heaven and earth to fit them in to suit their schedule
  • A geyser called Ralph who phones me every morning from either Bangalore or Mumbai I suppose ,telling me that I could make a claim if I have bought PPI.
  • I get his brother Kevin ringing me up to tell me that my broadband is running slow and has been infected by a virus.
  • Cheers iaitch.Good to share the pain!
  • pettgra said:

Cheers iaitch.Good to share the pain!

I've a feeling Kevin and Ralph may well be the same person.

• Salesman / woman, that can't answer a simple technical question and who don't know the product they are trying to sell.
  • Salesman / woman, that can't answer a simple technical question and who don't know the product they are trying to sell.

They've probably been briefed by the same people that do the catering on the concourses at The Valley.

• People who turn up late to take you to dinner!
  • Sponsored links:

• People who write prolly when they mean probably.....
  • People who have started using the word 'worldly'.

Please stop.
  • People who answer a question with.......'I'm not quite sure'..... when they really don't have a clue.
  • People who moan about things that annoy them. Ain't my problem mate no what I mean
  • People who can't just try and be positive after their team won the league
  • Their was something that really annoys me but now I can't think of what it was...

Which is really annoying me.
  • people who say "brought" instead of "bought", as in " I brought my house for......"

drivers who don't indicate

petrol garagres that advertise unleaded petrrol at a very competitive price, nut when you drive in & go to fill up all the unleaded pumps are "out of order" and all there is super-unleaded..............cheating bar****ds

motorway service stations that "shut" at 10pm and all there is open is 1 cruddy shop or just the toilets & the petrol pumps......this is the 21st century and the services should be open 24/7 (or at least until the erly hours !)
  • Huw Edwards curling upper lip
  • The extra syllable people put in words like 'ath-er-lete' and 'triath-er-lon'.
  • The extra syllable people put in words like 'ath-er-lete' and 'triath-er-lon'.

Sometimes it's obligatory, "Come on Engerland"!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!