Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Vinnie V. said:

People who request sponsorship to go on holiday.

Had one the other day who needed to raise £3000 to walk the Great wall of China for charity.

I couldn't help but wonder how much of that goes to the charity and how much pays for the experience.

About half and half I believe.

Agreed, by the way. Organise something locally and raise all £3000 for the charity if it means that much to you.
  • Motorists who park in the cyclist's 'bit' at the traffic lights.

Guilty as charged. But then again cyclists who run red lights feck me off

I don't think Cyclists are required by law to stop at red light. My Step Father did a driving course a couple of months ago and was surprised to find out that non powered vehicles are not required to observe traffic lights.

I was in town a few years back and saw a Man hold out his briefcase as a cyclist jumped a light. Knocked him clean off.
  • Ive seen the odd cyclist pulled over by police when they have been spotted jumping the red light but most of the time they get away with it.

I used to just walk out in front of them when the light was red.
  • edited June 2013

Motorists who park in the cyclist's 'bit' at the traffic lights.

Me too, tars us all with the same brush. I walk out in front of them in town and have a rant.
    I've noticed a lot of Boris bikes seem to think they're above the law too. On pavements especially.

Me too, tars us all with the same brush. I walk out in front of them in town and have a rant.
    I've noticed a lot of Boris bikes seem to think they're above the law too. On pavements especially.
    I was once walking along a pavement when a bloke on a bike sped past from behind: the handlebars got caught in my placcy bag and damn nearly ripped my arm off. When I remonstrated with the miscreant he said cycling on the road was "too dangerous". Cheeky sod.

• edited June 2013
    Roadworks the size of a postage stamp, with temporary traffic lights and invariably nobody working, at points along the A222 between Queen Mary's Hospital and Bromley.

They appear in different parts on a regular basis and cause absolute chaos for miles around.
  • LenGlover said:

Roadworks the size of a postage stamp, with temporary traffic lights and invariably nobody working, at points along the A222 between Queen Mary's Hospital and Bromley.

They appear in different parts on a regular basis and cause absolute chaos for miles around.

thats why there was so much traffic last night at 7 30 going down to b& q
  • 1. Colin Murray - generally a dislikeable waste of space
    2. Jim Beglin - can't abide his commentary and unsure what qualifies him for such a role. Most people won't know he the hell he is anyway!
    3. BMW drivers - so arrogant on the road. Is that part of the criteria to own one? Mark my words and note the make of car next time you are (a) cut up (b) tutting at shocking driving or (c) waiting whilst they shoot past your line of traffic because they are more important than you!
  • People who ride bikes to work always try and take the moral high ground, without exception but the worst are the tree hugger types with baskets on the front!
  • Sponsored links:

• People who are friendly and nice to your face and then you find out they are stabbing you in the back. I much prefer a front stabber to a back stabber.
  • dickplumb said:

People who are friendly and nice to your face and then you find out they are stabbing you in the back. I much prefer a front stabber to a back stabber.

.......or a shit stabber
  • meldrew66 said:

1. Colin Murray - generally a dislikeable waste of space
    2. Jim Beglin - can't abide his commentary and unsure what qualifies him for such a role. Most people won't know he the hell he is anyway!
    3. BMW drivers - so arrogant on the road. Is that part of the criteria to own one? Mark my words and note the make of car next time you are (a) cut up (b) tutting at shocking driving or (c) waiting whilst they shoot past your line of traffic because they are more important than you!

I don't drive or watch TV, so can't comment on points 2 and 3 - but I heartily agree about Colin Murray. As a radio broadcaster he is deeply irritating, talks far too much inane nonsense when he should be listening to others. Danny Baker take note; both have me running for the off switch.

• LenGlover said:

This again!
  • William Hague / Elmer Fudd trying to explain why we should join another war. Will he never learn?

• Keep thinking of things to add to this thread but then forget them.
  • edited June 2013
    MrOneLung said:

Keep thinking of things to add to this thread but then forget them.

Must be generally annoying
  • Unnecessary playing of music during documentaries. When someone is talking you don't need music in the background as it makes it hard to hear the speaker. Most of the time the 'music' is just an annoying 'plink plink' of piano keys. Virtually every documentary these days is spoiled by music in what is supposed to be the background.
  • Unnecessary playing of music during documentaries. When someone is talking you don't need music in the background as it makes it hard to hear the speaker. Most of the time the 'music' is just an annoying 'plink plink' of piano keys. Virtually every documentary these days is spoiled by music in what is supposed to be the background.

Funny I was watching a Nat Geo documentary about Air Force 1 on YouTube the other night and had to turn it off due to the blaaaaady dramatic music and not being able to hear the geezer speak
  • As happened to me just now at lunch...

Sitting at a table in a boozer with a pint and another bloke just wanders over plonks his pint on the table and sits down without asking.

Serious lack of pub etiquette.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fixtures starting so early.
  • red_murph said:

As happened to me just now at lunch...

Sitting at a table in a boozer with a pint and another bloke just wanders over plonks his pint on the table and sits down without asking.

Cough in his beer.
  • the word "like" used over here & I bet in the UK as like almost every other word in a friggin sentence

I was like whatever & she was like so angry, and then I was like walking off and it was like raining so hard & we were like so soaked.....

aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh
  • Oakster said:

the word "like" used over here & I bet in the UK as like almost every other word in a friggin sentence

I was like whatever & she was like so angry, and then I was like walking off and it was like raining so hard & we were like so soaked.....

aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh

Ggggggrrrrrrrrr
  • what about this latest business of putting the word Super in front of everything... I am super excited, I am super busy. I am super hungry.

Just sounds poncy. Dont do it.
  • Curb_It said:

what about this latest business of putting the word Super in front of everything... I am super excited, I am super busy. I am super hungry.

That hyper-annoys me.
  • red_murph said:

As happened to me just now at lunch...

And then they try to strike up a conversation when you're trying to read the paper.
  • Stig said:

Curb_It said:

what about this latest business of putting the word Super in front of everything... I am super excited, I am super busy. I am super hungry.

That hyper-annoys me.
    I Ultra-dig that
  • Curb_It said:

Grrrrrrrrr....

• Getting lunch down my newly dry-cleaned suit.
    Those poncey rolls that have flour over them. I don't want to be covered in flour thanks, there's no need for it.
    Asking for a coke and being asked, 'It's Pepsi, is that OK'. It doesn't matter what you call it, it's still just fizzy brown sugar water.
    Asking for a lemonade and them saying, "We've only got Sprite, will that do". Of course it'll bloody do it's lemonade!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!