Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Having to think of presents for people when they don't need anything

I'd like some Thorntons mint chocolates - thanks.

easy .. send the money to a charity of their choice
  • Riviera said:

The BBC Poppy policy.

Does no one wear a coat or jacket to work at the BBC? That's where you were your Poppy.

The blatant placing of the Poppy on EVERYONE on the BBC in the same place on their shirt, blouse or sweater is simply annoying and frankly cynical.

If they don't (for overseas television), then they get articles like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-82197/Poppy-ban-BBC-overseas-TV-presenters.html

"Tory MP Nicholas Soames said: 'It's a grotesque piece of misjudgment. It is a repulsive, pathetic, absolutely par-forthecourse BBC unpatriotic decision. Lord Reith will be spinning in his grave.'

Liberal Democrat MP Mike Hancock, a member of the House of Commons defence select committee, said: 'For the BBC to ban the poppy is an outrage, an absolute disgrace. I have worn the poppy all over the world and, with a few exceptions, it is instantly recognised for what it is and what it represents.'

Bruce George, Labour chairman of the committee, said: 'I'm saddened that this rather insensitive decision has been taken when British troops are being deployed in a war zone.'"

• tom- k said:

Waiting in for an important parcel that was meant to arrive ages ago.

Does my nut in, this. Used collect plus on my last order - paid a little more but collected the parcel from a local shop.

• Loco said:

Losing at home to Millwall

In fact Millwall
  • Carter said:

Mancaves. It's a fucking shed!

Not if its now a bar/lounge/gymnasium in the garage it bloody well isn't!

I agree mancave is a woman word

But if it keeps them goddam split arses out of my garage then so be it
    I have a woman cave......others call it the kitchen
  • Chill! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I'll raise you CHILLAX ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Jints said:

Riviera said:

The BBC Poppy policy.

Does no one wear a coat or jacket to work at the BBC? That's where you were your Poppy.

The blatant placing of the Poppy on EVERYONE on the BBC in the same place on their shirt, blouse or sweater is simply annoying and frankly cynical.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-82197/Poppy-ban-BBC-overseas-TV-presenters.html

"Tory MP Nicholas Soames said: 'It's a grotesque piece of misjudgment. It is a repulsive, pathetic, absolutely par-forthecourse BBC unpatriotic decision. Lord Reith will be spinning in his grave.'

Liberal Democrat MP Mike Hancock, a member of the House of Commons defence select committee, said: 'For the BBC to ban the poppy is an outrage, an absolute disgrace. I have worn the poppy all over the world and, with a few exceptions, it is instantly recognised for what it is and what it represents.'

Bruce George, Labour chairman of the committee, said: 'I'm saddened that this rather insensitive decision has been taken when British troops are being deployed in a war zone.'"

...plus the fact that every other presenter on every other TV channel is also wearing them. Never let the facts get in the way of good 'ole anti-BBC rant eh?
  • Stone said:

Chill! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

You need to calm down Son, take a chill pill
  • Sponsored links:

• People who use their initials rather than their first names.
    AJP Taylor, JK Rowling, AA Gill, ET Cetra.

Pretentious and totally unnecessary.

Even the great AP McCoy who I admire and respect, he used to always be Tony McCoy, what happened?
  • Loco said:

Stone said:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tom- k said:

Waiting in for an important parcel that was meant to arrive ages ago.

Waiting indoors for a parcel all day only to go on the tracker to see that they delivered when you were out when you were in fact home at the time they put!!!
  • Jints said:

Riviera said:

The BBC Poppy policy.

Felt a bit strange when I was in Paris last week... Was walking around with my poppy on but didnt see anyone out there with anything like that - Not right surely??
  • Don't they wear a cornflower instead?
  • Stone said:

Loco said:

Stone said:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't have a hissy-fit. Or the harsher, don't have a shit-fit. Both phrases that annoy immensely ;-)

• People using the word 'pissed' to mean annoyed. Please stop trying to imitate some hick from a colonial-backwater and practice our profanities properly. When it is not followed by "off", pissed means drunk, and nothing else - ever.

Post of the thread.

• edited November 2013
    I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends.

FFS...I know black people that don't have lots of black friends!
  • Van drivers in liveried vehicles with speed limiters fitted in the outside lane

'Flexible working' that only flexes one way
  • Sponsored links:

• People who go to the gym and collect a set of bars, dumbells and other bits and bob then spend half their time "recovering". Use one item at a time when it's busy you selfish wanks.
  • People who go to the gym

• Returning presents......
  • Fireworks after a certain time. Gone 11 last night and some bell chedd is setting them off.

Actually fireworks any time of the day.
  • LenGlover said:

Food waste.

Why is it de rigeur now for people under the age of about 40, women especially from my observations, to leave half a plate of food at meal times?

I know I'm an old git from the era when rationing was still fresh in the memory but when I was young you didn't leave the table until the plate was empty and if you embarked on a battle of wills so that eventually everyone had to leave the table you got the unfinished plate presented to you at the next meal time.

Agree 100% Len and in 28!!
  • Fireworks after a certain time. Gone 11 last night and some bell chedd is setting them off.

I think it is illegal to set them off after 11pm, with the exception of 5th November and New Year's Eve.

I hate people setting them off on Christmas Eve - that is a time for children who believe in Santa and they should be thinking about that, not being disturbed by fireworks. Christmas Eve is a magical time for children and shouldn't be spoiled by bangs.

I think it is illegal to set them off after 11pm, with the exception of 5th November and New Year's Eve.

I hate people setting them off on Christmas Eve - that is a time for children who believe in Santa and they should be thinking about that, not being disturbed by fireworks. Christmas Eve is a magical time for children and shouldn't be spoiled by bangs.
    if you're packing the kids off early to bed, it's the only chance some parents get.
  • People driving with bloody fog lights on
  • People driving with bloody fog lights on

and people driving without fog lights when its foggy!!
  • People who drive in rain with fog lights on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!