Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• My mrs chucking out decent food because it's nearing/on the sell by date or "looks funny"!!

Just f****g eat it - we spent enough buying it. Grrrr I hate wasting food.

The fact that I always get saddled with the manky fruit in our house. Everyone else picks the nicest freshest piece in the bowl. I'm the one who pays for it, but I end up having the over-ripe stuff because I'm the only one who's bothered about it getting wasted.
  • Chainsaws.

They've been going virtually non-stop all morning and it's impossible to concentrate with the noise.

Another late night to do the work I can't do now :-(
  • Parents (usually female) who tell you how much they're going to live it up when the kids are older and out of the way.
  • Rolls of Cling Film. You never get to the end without it tearing so you just get thin strips.
  • parents who say out loud what their child is doing in a crowded area-WE DON'T CARE.
  • Rolls of Cling Film. You never get to the end without it tearing so you just get thin strips.

Stop shopping in Lidls Beds and go to Waitrose :0)
  • RedChaser said:

Rolls of Cling Film. You never get to the end without it tearing so you just get thin strips.

Stop shopping in Lidls Beds and go to Waitrose :0)
    Waitrose in this area? They don't know we exist ! We are dominated by the AA ......... Aldi and Asda
  • People who sit down on a train then ping up about five minutes before their stop and start trying to shove past everyone. Just relax you jackasses.
  • People who sit down on a train then ping up about five minutes before their stop and start trying to shove past everyone. Just relax you jackasses.

or people that walk down the train while its still moving when its coming up to their stop. Just wait and walk down the platform.

To deal with this, I make a point of waiting to the last possible moment, and then exiting the next door up to beat them to the stairs. Hopefully, they'll learn - standing near the door for five minutes does not get you off the train any quicker.

I would add - at Clapham Junction it's all about making your connection, so getting up/ off as early as possible is fair game there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signs on HGVs telling cyclists not to pass on the left and then driving right on the middle of the road in queuing traffic. Keep to the left and then I can overtake on the right.
  • Out of date brown sauce sachets
  • Poles all over the home end at Wembley!!
  • England fans in the home ends when we play away.

people only trying to get tickets once they know a victory will get us to Brazil.

home fans being outsung even with a 7:2 ratio advantage.
  • English media.
    Complete w*ankers.
  • Curb_It said:

English media.
    Complete w*ankers.

Spot on!!

Saw three people do this yesterday then stand ready to exit the wrong side for 5 minutes (presumably because the first girl stood that side and they followed).

So when the train actually rolled into the station everyone else got up, went to the right side and got off before them.
  • People (mainly on Facebook) who say 'My superpower is ...." e.g. 'Being a mum' or 'Keeping smiling through it all' etc.

Not only does it show a lack of modesty, but it's not a superpower, it's just a thing you think you do well.

Invisibility - that's a superpower.
  • I like it on the stairs
  • People who go to gigs wearing back packs..take the fucking things off and leave then in the cloakroom you twats!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

England fans in there home ends when we play away.

people only trying to get tickets once they know a victory will get us to Brazil.

home fans being outsung even with a 7:2 ratio advantage.

1. Very different as you well know MrOneLung.
    There is going in the home end and respecting the home support as like you say England fans have often done and there is going in there, being loud and goading the home support (aka taking the piss).

2. Agree and disagree - I only got my ticket after the Fri game (didn't want to waste my money on a potential dead rubber) but then I've been to every away game in this group so don't feel at all guilty in doing so. But agree with the genuine bandwagon jumpers.

3. Englands support has been changed beyond recognition ever since the EMC was disbandoned. The type of support Poland had on Tue (mainly loud, boisterous, passionate, patrioric males) is the kind of support our FA has been trying to rid itself of for 15yrs. The atmopshere will inevitably be lost with it.
    Also everything the poles were praised for is oppressed in this Country - standing, flags, nationalistic behaviour, flares etc.
    Double standards at its worst.
  • Couldnt agree more.

When an overseas team sets of a flare its 'an amazing atmsophere being created' but if its an English team or England it would be refered to as 'some idiot in the crowd.'
  • Couldnt agree more.

When an overseas team sets of a flare its 'an amazing atmsophere being created' but if its an English team or England it would be refered to as 'some idiot in the crowd.'

You can play bingo with daft comments from observations like that can't you.

The more condescending the better

I've not seen England play at new Wembley but ill be shocked if it gets rocking like it used to when it stank of beer and piss and you felt like you needed a wash when leaving
  • The anti racism lobby of self seeking people looking for a job, woy's persecutors.
  • Dowman should they be black listed ? ------ops.
  • edited October 2013
    The following words:

Literally

Legend

Iconic

and worst of all: pal
  • Pal
    Active
    Life
  • Management talk..
    Blue sky thinking...thinking outside the box..touching base..singing from the same hymn sheet....getting our ducks in a row
  • Redskin said:

The following words:

Literally

Legend

Iconic

and worst of all: pal.

Don't forget: at the end of the day!
  • I was in a marketing meeting last week and heard:
    Advertorial
    Experiential
    Originations
    and this was the best one: "Additive not substitutional"