Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Management speak is hilarious, not sure it annoys me as such. More makes up my mind about the individual coming out with it
  • Re-Engineer
    Granular
    Hollistic
    time Line
  • Man bags
    Men have existed for thousands of years without a handbag.
    You don't need one!
  • Simulation
    So cheating then!
  • Wordage.

That lying cop in the Mitchell case, referred to Mitchell's wordage !

What a ****.
  • Chill! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
  • News readers, presenters etc who say e.g. charlton is instead of charlton are when talking about a team. Charlton is away at Blackburn tomorrow no they are away!
    anyone or anything that is lovin' it.
    Other people's kids
    other kids' parents
    religions, the religious, religious buildings, being tolerant of religions. Build retail parks with all the places of worship for all faiths and denominations next to each other and lock them in from Friday to Sunday. Wankers
  • But charlton is a team in the singular. Just the one team. Just as in strictly it is ' the first couple through is..' Because it is A couple not multiple couples.
  • not a grammatical point, a colloquial one, we are charlton, we are away therefore charlton are away. Common usage dictates Charlton are not is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot believe I replied, slippers, telegraph and gardening instead of pub football and late nights for me. sad day
  • People that work in Apple Stores. You are not cool.
  • Mancaves. It's a fucking shed!
  • Every Met Police statement which ends with the word, 'lessons will be learned'. No they won't.

Not if its now a bar/lounge/gymnasium in the garage it bloody well isn't!

I agree mancave is a woman word

But if it keeps them goddam split arses out of my garage then so be it
  • Greenie said:

Man bags
    You don't need one!

Like 'mancave', it's not the bag but the title that annoys me. I carry a lot of stuff to work. Because I have a laptop it's a 'laptop' bag, but take the computer out and it's a 'man bag' - f**k off, it's just a bag.
  • People that work in Apple Stores. You are not cool.

They are the masters of their domain. They rule the school. They're cocky, know-it-alls with a superiority complex. And then they step out the front door of the shop and they're just another no mark like the rest of us! How does knowing how to air drop get you on the bus quicker? It doesn't! Compute that, genius.

• JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

Man bags
    You don't need one!

Like 'mancave', it's not the bag but the title that annoys me. I carry a lot of stuff to work. Because I have a laptop it's a 'laptop' bag, but take the computer out and it's a 'man bag' - f**k off, it's just a bag.
    With you on that. And, Man-flu. It's just the flu. Although men do genuinely suffer more from colds and flu, because our bodies aren't coursing with oestrogen.
  • News readers, presenters etc who say e.g. charlton is instead of charlton are when talking about a team. Charlton is away at Blackburn tomorrow no they are away!

very much an American thing - ie Crystal Palace is oh & six in their last 6 ties
  • Sponsored links:

• People Who Write Like This. It Takes More Effort, Why Do It?!

You haven't been to Redmidland's house if you think they are all sheds, some people have smaller lounges. ;)

• Alan Pardew
  • The BBC Poppy policy.

Does no one wear a coat or jacket to work at the BBC? That's where you were your Poppy.

The blatant placing of the Poppy on EVERYONE on the BBC in the same place on their shirt, blouse or sweater is simply annoying and frankly cynical.
  • Food waste.

Why is it de rigeur now for people under the age of about 40, women especially from my observations, to leave half a plate of food at meal times?

I know I'm an old git from the era when rationing was still fresh in the memory but when I was young you didn't leave the table until the plate was empty and if you embarked on a battle of wills so that eventually everyone had to leave the table you got the unfinished plate presented to you at the next meal time.

• Kind of agree Len. Hate seeing people leave food.

The worst is at places like Toby Carvery, where people pile their plate with ridiculous amounts of food then waste most of it.
  • While I totally get that food waste is a ridiculous element of human existence, eating food purely for the sake of not wasting it is stupid. It's not the leaving of the food, it's the decision to get too much in the first place that should be criticised! Bullying people/ family into clearing their plate? Why?! To make them feel sick? What purpose does this serve!?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

While I totally get that food waste is a ridiculous element of human existence, eating food purely for the sake of not wasting it is stupid. It's not the leaving of the food, it's the decision to get too much in the first place that should be criticised! Bullying people/ family into clearing their plate? Why?! To make them feel sick? What purpose does this serve!?

Either way it's a lack of personal discipline.

I am a product of a generation that often went hungry during the war hence the understandable reaction, from their perspective, to a sulky, snotty little kid (me) not eating his meals. Food was scarce and hardearned.

I didn't treat my own children that way so perhaps I'm part of the problem thinking about it.
  • Don't go to an all-inclusive hotel in Turkey then! That will do your nut in.
  • Waiting in for an important parcel that was meant to arrive ages ago.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!