Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Not sure if I'm annoyed with the product, or with the fact I've only just realised it, but Stella Artois, one of the big guns in the lager war, is now only 4.6% alcohol. 
  • edited January 2021
    Having a hands free phone call in my new car, kerbing the ally wheels!!!
  • edited January 2021
    Having a hands free phone call in my new car, kerbing the ally wheels!!!
    Curbing hurts however you do it... Personally never done it on a HF call. However those high curbs in London have got me more than once. 
  • cafc375 said:
    Not sure if I'm annoyed with the product, or with the fact I've only just realised it, but Stella Artois, one of the big guns in the lager war, is now only 4.6% alcohol. 
    It’s 5% on the perfect draft!😊
  • The pristine white trainers that Nigel Havers wears on The Bidding Room, WITH A SUIT.
    Nob. (not that I actually watch it, you understand, just caught a glimpse)
  • cafc375 said:
    Not sure if I'm annoyed with the product, or with the fact I've only just realised it, but Stella Artois, one of the big guns in the lager war, is now only 4.6% alcohol. 
    yeah, annoying you have to drink 11 pints of the new strength one just to get the same affect as 10 of the old ones.
  • Stella is rank.
    I've never been a fan of it, tastes horrible to me.
  • cafc375 said:

It was 5.2% when I was brewing it in the 1980s. Also it used a lot of “Saaz” hops, which as far as I know have been replaced by cheaper varieties. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    I’ve probably said this already but feel it needs a bump.

Smokers and Spitters!

Every time I go out, the streets are littered with fag butts and gob.

I went to sit on a bench in the park today and it was surrounded by gob, of nose and mouth variety and fag butts.

Do these people behave like this in their own home or just don’t give a shit about anyone else when outside, on second thoughts don’t answer that!
  • Stella is rank.
    Flag
  • Some of the engineers who I work with, who last year were on full pay working roughly a nine day month, whilst the rest of us were coming in almost every day, then when their asked to work late to get the plant operational want something above the OT they are being paid for doing it.
  • Jane Seymour, (born Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg;

I wonder if any relation to Gene (FRANK Enstein Wider?)
    Hang on, I’m confused...
    Is it Jane Seymour that annoys you? 
    Or her birth name? 
    Or whatever that other point you were making is?
    🤷🏻‍♂️
    Jane Seymour but I didn’t know her full name until I googled and that then reminded me of Mr Wilder in Young Frank Enstein.

Hang on, I’m confused...
    Or her birth name? 
    🤷🏻‍♂️
    Jane Seymour but I didn’t know her full name until I googled and that then reminded me of Mr Wilder in Young Frank Enstein.
    Ah, ok. Cheers! 😀

Just out of interest, what’s she done to annoy you?

Hang on, I’m confused...
    Or her birth name? 
    🤷🏻‍♂️
    Ah, ok. Cheers! 😀

Just out of interest, what’s she done to annoy you?
    Absolutely nothing, it's one of those irrational things that I can't put my finger on, and it intensified while watching 'The Kominsky Method' on Netflix the other day.
  • Home schooling. In particular, grammar with the kids. Expanded noun sentences with a 6 year old! Fronted adverbials with a 9 year old. What a crock of old pony. Theres no need for any of this shit. I blame Michael Gove, his trail of destruction goes beyond the exam fiasco where he scrapped modular exams. He's the absolute worst, not one one person who I've spoken to who works in any strand of education has any respect for him or what's he's done.

Also maths...  Ten ways to do the same thing. Confusing.
  • Someone thinking our dogs are for sale, like they are a commodity!
    Then when say politely no, they tell me they are prepared to pay up to £500 and the money would come useful in these tough times. 
    Really, how about you f**k off
  • Sponsored links:

• 2.30 AM. Cat comes into the bedroom sprinting around like a loon. I switch the light on and see Tom and Jerry having fisticuffs.

I manage to usher them both to the landing while absolutely bricking my pants over a little mouse. They then have round 2 and 3 on the stairs. 15 minutes later its kicking off in the living room. I'm getting them both closer to the back door as they are now locked in the kitchen where Jerry has escaped Tom's jaws and now somewhere in the kitchen and no where to be seen.

Even now at 10.15 the cat cant be asked to look for it and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it to dart out in front of me 😭

• 2.30 AM. Cat comes into the bedroom sprinting around like a loon. I switch the light on and see Tom and Jerry having fisticuffs.

I manage to usher them both to the landing while absolutely bricking my pants over a little mouse. They then have round 2 and 3 on the stairs. 15 minutes later its kicking off in the living room. I'm getting them both closer to the back door as they are now locked in the kitchen where Jerry has escaped Tom's jaws and now somewhere in the kitchen and no where to be seen.

Even now at 10.15 the cat cant be asked to look for it and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it to dart out in front of me 😭

Last summer my boy Oscar brought a fledgling starling into the lounge and then lost control of it. It flew around frantically depositing shit everywhere before finally getting stuck in the blinds. With much squawking I managed to grab it and after checking it for any major wounds let it back out to fly to freedom. The cat ignored me for the rest of the day.

Last summer my boy Oscar brought a fledgling starling into the lounge and then lost control of it. It flew around frantically depositing shit everywhere before finally getting stuck in the blinds. With much squawking I managed to grab it and after checking it for any major wounds let it back out to fly to freedom. The cat ignored me for the rest of the day.
    The people we bought our house from had the same with their cat. Walked up the stairs with a bird in its mouth and dropped it in the bedroom in the middle of the night.

They had to throw a tea towel over it and throw it out the window. Fuck that, I'd still be under the duvet.
  • "Let's just pop into Tesco while we here for some wine". 40 minutes later we're loading fucking chicken and frozen chips into the car.
  • Being stupid enough to forget to turn off the light in my car on Monday evening after having to nip out

Just gone out to it and guess what... ITS FLAT!!

• Finding out that the Christmas cards I mailed to the U.K. on Dec 11th are just getting there.
  • limeygent said:
    Finding out that the Christmas cards I mailed to the U.K. on Dec 11th are just getting there.
    You’re early then 😉
  • limeygent said:
    Finding out that the Christmas cards I mailed to the U.K. on Dec 11th are just getting there.
    You’re early then 😉
    Yours haven't arrived?

• The toilets at London Bridge, every time I go to wipe my arse the flush goes and my hand gets wet. 
    I think you might be doing it wrong mate
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!