Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Macronate said:
    Can we please remember the thread title and take any cat stories to the, as yet, uncreated ‘Cat stories’ thread.

Cheers everyone.
    Okay Okay... Put the claws away... Although I agree it would be more purrr-fect if a separate thread was created
    agree, we were a whisker away from this thread being derailed.
  • edited June 2021
    If anybody does create a new thread, can they call it ‘Pussy Tales’.

Think there’d be a lot of interest.
  • I Felix time we all moved on.
  • Delivery drivers not waiting for you to answer the door before ringing & knocking again. 

I live in a town house and have at least one set of stairs to negotiate, 2 sets if I'm upstairs in the loo or having a shower.  

Today the usual happens. Door bell goes & I'm watching the cricket on tv. I get up off my chair I make my way downstairs. Just reaching the last stair & there is now a loud knocking on the door. It's taken me less than 10 seconds to get there.....

Just wait ffs  !!!  I realise Amazon/Hemes etc have a lot to get through during the day but please, at least give the homeowner time to get to the f**king door.
  • Fat old men.walking around family theme parks topless. Also well done to the "lad" smoking a joint. 

I'll soon be able to add going on a rollercoaster straight after dinner
  • Some cat owners.
    Moaning about fox sh#tting in thier garden , but it's alright your cat sh#tting in my garden.
  • clb74 said:
    Some cat owners.
    Moaning about fox sh#tting in thier garden , but it's alright your cat sh#tting in my garden.
    Absolutely
  • Sponsored links:

• Delivery drivers not waiting for you to answer the door before ringing & knocking again. 

I live in a town house and have at least one set of stairs to negotiate, 2 sets if I'm upstairs in the loo or having a shower.  

Today the usual happens. Door bell goes & I'm watching the cricket on tv. I get up off my chair I make my way downstairs. Just reaching the last stair & there is now a loud knocking on the door. It's taken me less than 10 seconds to get there.....

Just wait ffs  !!!  I realise Amazon/Hemes etc have a lot to get through during the day but please, at least give the homeowner time to get to the f**king door.
    My front door is on the side of the house.  I put the bell push on the far side of the door using the sticky tape provided.  I realised it would have been better on the near side as visitors approached - but there simply wasn't room - and in any case it is not beyond the wit of man to glance all around a door frame for a bell, after all we have put a man on the Moon.

How wrong could I be? Visitors (mostly delivery drivers) would smash at the glass door in varying degrees. Either I wouldn't hear it or alternatively think that I'm under some sort of attack from a schizoid maniac hungry for blood. 

I have now conceded defeat and revised my opinion of mankind's intelligence.  The bell push has been removed, as has the sticky tape and it is now attached to the brick wall on the approach run.  It has worked a treat.       

I find my delivery drivers are too scared that a single noise will create a Zombie apocalypse so you have to be ahead of the game round here to be able to listen out when they get to the door - Bloody pisses me off as got a doorbell yet they never use it!!

I find my delivery drivers are too scared that a single noise will create a Zombie apocalypse so you have to be ahead of the game round here to be able to listen out when they get to the door - Bloody pisses me off as got a doorbell yet they never use it!!
    It could be Covid related & them not wishing to press 100 door bells each day?

It could be Covid related & them not wishing to press 100 door bells each day?
    Happened before COVID too... 
  • Mark Pougatch. Not sure why, he just does.
  • IdleHans said:
    Mark Pougatch. Not sure why, he just does.
    What....pushes a doorbell ?
  • Gender reveals 
  • This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
  • Sponsored links:

• This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
    Good luck with your faith in Johnson to sort this out.
  • iainment said:
    This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
    Good luck with your faith in Johnson to sort this out.
    He probably is not aware that Demelza House exists,but he should be,someone should grab him by the bollocks and drag him there and tell him,"this is where our money should be going"
  • edited June 2021
    This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
    Not questioning the validity of your point but Demelza house is a charity 
    Yes it is,but surely some funding should be there to prevent financial hardship,I have a friend who,tragically had two sons who where born with life shortening conditions,both spent much of their lives in Demelza,I went there many times to visit them and could not believe that the whole organisation was funded by donations,the facilities,the people who work there(for a lot less money than an nhs pen pusher)are just incredible,this country has got a lot of its priorities wrong.
    Yes it is,but surely some funding should be there to prevent financial hardship,I have a friend who,tragically had two sons who where born with life shortening conditions,both spent much of their lives in Demelza,I went there many times to visit them and could not believe that the whole organisation was funded by donations,the facilities,the people who work there(for a lot less money than an nhs pen pusher)are just incredible,this country has got a lot of its priorities wrong.

The money that Johnson wants to spend on that vanity boat could help a lot of charities.
  • The widespread and continuing use of "Boris" to refer to our Prime Minister. He's not, never has been and never will be our mate and if he were we'd call him Alex.
    Why does it bother you, don’t understand it. 

Christian name or surname, he’s a prat, nothing changes. 
  • The widespread and continuing use of "Boris" to refer to our Prime Minister. He's not, never has been and never will be our mate and if he were we'd call him Alex.
    👍 
  • stonemuse said:
    The widespread and continuing use of "Boris" to refer to our Prime Minister. He's not, never has been and never will be our mate and if he were we'd call him Alex.

Same thing with people calling Duchatelet "Roland", I'm not sure why it annoyed me so much. 
  • stonemuse said:
    The widespread and continuing use of "Boris" to refer to our Prime Minister. He's not, never has been and never will be our mate and if he were we'd call him Alex.

Same thing with people calling Duchatelet "Roland", I'm not sure why it annoyed me so much. 
    Easier to write... 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!