Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iainment said:
    Talal said:
    Sat in a hospital car park waiting for my mum and a woman is parked opposite me with the engine running. After about 20 minutes she decides to turn the engine off and go get a ticket. Why would you not turn the engine off the moment you parked?
    In London that’s illegal. Where were you?
    Croydon University Hospital. 
  • It may seem I am obsessed with crap on the front pages,well I am,todays life changing Sun front page(not Nick Knowles job being saved by the Sun)is Irina (no me neither) dating Kanyu ,see page 11,why ffs would anyone have the slightest interest in the ex Mr.Kardashians new slapper .
    Full disclosure, I had no idea who the young lady was, but what has she done to be a "slapper" in your opinion? 
  • Bit out of order from me really,she is a 35 year old Russian model,cant imagine Mr.West being too selective though.
  • Overly pushy neighbour's, my old mum is on the verge of residential living and her neighbour is nice and very helpful, but by christ does she go on about every little thing regarding my mum and what is best for her. 
  • Overly pushy neighbour's, my old mum is on the verge of residential living and her neighbour is nice and very helpful, but by christ does she go on about every little thing regarding my mum and what is best for her. 
    She should go in a home though, will be for the best.
  • Your right DM, not only is mum struggling we all are, residential living will be finalised on Monday. 
  • Your right DM, not only is mum struggling we all are, residential living will be finalised on Monday. 
    You’ve got my every sympathy mate. Going through something similar with my mum. She rattles around in a big house spending all day going through various bits paperwork before putting them back in drawers. Even after a hip replacement, she can barely get up and down the stairs but point blank refuses to have a stairlift fitted. Just about persuaded her to have the bath removed and a walk in shower fitted but she hates it (even though she can now wash properly).
    You’ve got my every sympathy mate. Going through something similar with my mum. She rattles around in a big house spending all day going through various bits paperwork before putting them back in drawers. Even after a hip replacement, she can barely get up and down the stairs but point blank refuses to have a stairlift fitted. Just about persuaded her to have the bath removed and a walk in shower fitted but she hates it (even though she can now wash properly).
    Oh gawd, I feel your pain with the stairlift conversation. Despite having one new knee, needing another and struggling to walk to the end of the garden mine refuses to contemplate it as "they're for old people".

She was even offered one free recently but turned it down. Although tbf the last two owners of said stairlift did die within 6 months of each other shortly after installation, so I'm not 100% sure it's not cursed.
  • Bit out of order from me really,she is a 35 year old Russian model,cant imagine Mr.West being too selective though.
    So close. So very close...
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea have returned 800 odd champions league final tickets and from what I can make out, it’s due to uefa restrictions on the way that they are packaged up as the pricey tickets with travel included(restrictions on your choice of travel)

I’m thinking that Chelsea should have worn these costs for fans rather than returning them and making out uefa have stopped fans travelling.

• People who put fuel in their cars at a pump that takes payment and then go off to pay in the shop .
    Lack of urgency at petrol stations in general. People who pull in and then take an age to decide what pump to use, people who get back in their car after filling up and take an age to pull away, with no regard for the people queuing behind them and those who fill up, then go back in their car to find their bag/wallet before paying.
  • edited May 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    People who put fuel in their cars at a pump that takes payment and then go off to pay in the shop .
    Lack of urgency at petrol stations in general. People who pull in and then take an age to decide what pump to use, people who get back in their car after filling up and take an age to pull away, with no regard for the people queuing behind them and those who fill up, then go back in their car to find their bag/wallet before paying.
    What about those that park in the "blocking" first pump bay and then spend 15 mins doing their weekly shop!
    (Esso World of Leather roundabout).
  • JaShea99 said:
    People who put fuel in their cars at a pump that takes payment and then go off to pay in the shop .
    What about those that park in the "blocking" first pump bay and then spend 15 mins doing their weekly shop!

Showing your age... (but not as old as if you'd said Clifton's Roundabout)
    It sounds sadly familiar Dave,  mum rattles about all day doing more or less nothing, until now has refused to move as she has lived in the house for nearly fifty years, loads of memories  but the house needs complete modernisation to make it slightly suitable, but without wanting to force at her, time has come for this feisty ex WAF to accept help.
  • JaShea99 said:

Showing your age... (but not as old as if you'd said Clifton's Roundabout)
    ....or even Wadham Stringer roundabout.
  • I have a scar on my leg since a child coz my aunt refused to take me to hospital coz she wanted to watch the Eurovision Song Contest...1998 won by Celine Dion.
    Not that I'm bitter or anything, and worked out the dates and looked up who won.

• Miniscule pieces of egg shell that find their way into your egg mayo sandwich
  • edited May 2021
    Stig said:
    This list:

How on earth is a rag tag collection of (at best) b-rated international friendlies more important than the League One play-off decider?
    I've been meaning to post similar for ages - on a Saturday, League One is WAY down the list after other European Leagues and the Women's Premier League.

The BBC demonstrating its correct principles ahead of the reality of its core audience.
  • Sponsored links:

• International games have always been seen as ‘more senior’. The BBC push the women’s football agenda massively as well so it’s not surprising.

• IdleHans said:
    When youre 'drinking' the crisp crumbs out of the bag and miss
    Haha! Absolutely!
    Just shared this with ladyromford and she also agreed, but added that “It’s even worse if you’ve got boobs as you’re then fishing crumbs and salt out of your bra for the rest of the day!”
  • Don't you offer to help her ladyship?
  • Going somewhere with people who are always late turning out the house! 
  • When you say your popping over the road for a couple of pints to someone and they turn up nearly an hour later.
    Then then get the hump when you say I'm having 1 more then I'm off

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!