Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
    Not questioning the validity of your point but Demelza house is a charity 
    Yes it is,but surely some funding should be there to prevent financial hardship,I have a friend who,tragically had two sons who where born with life shortening conditions,both spent much of their lives in Demelza,I went there many times to visit them and could not believe that the whole organisation was funded by donations,the facilities,the people who work there(for a lot less money than an nhs pen pusher)are just incredible,this country has got a lot of its priorities wrong.

The money that Johnson wants to spend on that vanity boat could help a lot of charities.
    Or the business that a Royal Yacht can generate would increase tax revenue which could support a lot of charities....
  • edited June 2021
    This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.
    Yes it is,but surely some funding should be there to prevent financial hardship,I have a friend who,tragically had two sons who where born with life shortening conditions,both spent much of their lives in Demelza,I went there many times to visit them and could not believe that the whole organisation was funded by donations,the facilities,the people who work there(for a lot less money than an nhs pen pusher)are just incredible,this country has got a lot of its priorities wrong.

The money that Johnson wants to spend on that vanity boat could help a lot of charities.
    Or the business that a Royal Yacht can generate would increase tax revenue which could support a lot of charities....

Taxes though aren’t generally used to support charities. That’s why places like Demelza House rely on charitable donations from the likes of you and me.
  • This does not annoy me it makes my blood boil,Demelza house,a childrens hospice in Sttingbourne,is facing financial ruin,because fund raising,etc .has come to a stop due to the pandemic.Why the fuck should a childrens hospice rely on charity.We dole out millions in legal aid to help rapists  etc.stay here,we pay compensation to a typist who sprains her wrist,we dole out millions to house illegal immigrants ,the list goes on.Come on Boris,sort this out.

Taxes though aren’t generally used to support charities. That’s why places like Demelza House rely on charitable donations from the likes of you and me.
    And nor should they be
  • edited June 2021
    For some reason both national teams I follow have turned into palace. What the f is that all about? 

I thought Palace were playing Sri Lanka the last 2 nights in Wales and just watched an interview with Raheem Sterling at St. George’s park and the van/studio and branding is splattered in palace colours. 

Please. Make. it. stop. 
  • Running out of chocolate biscuits. 
  • The Guardian showing the Championship fixture list and directing you to the EFL website for Leagues 1&2.

Gift Aid supports charities by transferring taxes (or some of the tax for higher rate tax payers) paid by individuals to the nominated charity if those individuals make a donation themselves.
  • iainment said:
    The Guardian showing the Championship fixture list and directing you to the EFL website for Leagues 1&2.

• edited June 2021
    People who geek out over the latest, umpteenth, scrape the bottom of the barrel comic book superhero movie/TV show. Seriously… who gives a fuck. They need to move out of their mother’s basement.
  • People who geek out over the latest, umpteenth, scrape the bottom of the barrel comic book superhero movie/TV show. Seriously… who gives a fuck. They need to move out of their mother’s basement.
    You say that, but those geekiest of society have been getting a lot of tail since I'd say 2005. Previously having their heads flushed and smelling of musty wanking they are now the holders of the power in TV and film land and from having cosplay explained to me and watching the explosion in that they are not just getting tail they are getting some amazing tail

More power to them I say, the time of the alpha will return but for now the alpha needs to be pansexual, gender fluid and into obscure comic books 
  • Sponsored links:

• My mrs fucking around when I’ve cooked dinner 

i made dinner for me, the mrs, our two plus her brother and sister in law and their baby ( not that the baby is eating rolled pork belly) today and she just kept fucking around with times and every time I was like “right we good to go this is all but ready” it’s “gimme twenty minutes while I show the sister in law something “ .

the worst was when I asked her to get some dishes ready for serving it and she went for a fag.

I don’t want people thinking my food isn’t as good as it could be because she wants to fanny about
  • edited June 2021
    iainment said:
    The Guardian showing the Championship fixture list and directing you to the EFL website for Leagues 1&2.

I wondered when someone who doesn’t/hasn’t read the Guardian would do something like that.

i made dinner for me, the mrs, our two plus her brother and sister in law and their baby ( not that the baby is eating rolled pork belly) today and she just kept fucking around with times and every time I was like “right we good to go this is all but ready” it’s “gimme twenty minutes while I show the sister in law something “ .

the worst was when I asked her to get some dishes ready for serving it and she went for a fag.

I don’t want people thinking my food isn’t as good as it could be because she wants to fanny about
    You should've turned the dinner off and fucked off down the pub Dave.

Just put laxatives in their gravy next time, then sit back and smile
  • Another to do with cooking a roast dinner.
    When you tell people dinner will be at 3 and they turn up at 5 to 3 when your dishing up
  • clb74 said:
    My mrs fucking around when I’ve cooked dinner 

You should've turned the dinner off and fucked off down the pub Dave.
    I was heading that way at one point 
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:

I wondered when someone who doesn’t/hasn’t read the Guardian would do something like that.
     :D I do read The Guardian actually (albeit occasionally when I want to see an alternative viewpoint to that which I'm likely to hold, being of a different political persuasion and all that). That how I'm able to say that it annoys me...and f*ck me is it annoying....
  • I am a tennis fanatic,and will watch every moment possible at Wimbledon,but can some one please explain why ladies get the same money as men in grand slams.Look at the quality and entertainment of the Murray Game,and the Tsiptitas match and then look at some of the ladies games barely making the hour mark.Yes there will be some good ladies games later in the tournament,but so many of the early games are just one sided processions.
  • They aren't being paid for their entertainment value I would imagine. That Murray game was great but my contribution to this thread is that every time I started watching it he started losing!
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    They aren't being paid for their entertainment value I would imagine. That Murray game was great but my contribution to this thread is that every time I started watching it he started losing!
    Andy has been shredding our nerves for years,just love the guy ,never leaves anything on the court,he could do well this year.
  • McBobbin said:
    They aren't being paid for their entertainment value I would imagine. That Murray game was great but my contribution to this thread is that every time I started watching it he started losing!
    Andy has been shredding our nerves for years,just love the guy ,never leaves anything on the court,he could do well this year.
    Such a dry sense of humour as well, loved his speech
  • McBobbin said:
    When the cleaner comes into the office bog and overhears you having to double flush
    That doesnt annoy me... that makes me leave the toilets with an evil smile on my face
  • clb74 said:
    Another to do with cooking a roast dinner.
    When you tell people dinner will be at 3 and they turn up at 5 to 3 when your dishing up
    This is a good one 

My brother is a fucking terror for it 
  • edited June 2021
    Carter said:
    clb74 said:
    Another to do with cooking a roast dinner.
    This is a good one 

My brother is a fucking terror for it 
    My brother turns up at 5 and wonders why his is dry and cold 'keeping warm' in the oven.

He did it on Christmas Day one year. Was fuming for months.
  • As someone who had to be in the car when the England game was on, I was really pissed off with the coverage on 5 Live. FFS, just describe the match. If you do it well, you'll be painting images in my head. If you do it reasonably, I'll at least have a fair idea what's going on. If you do it poorly, you'll be waffling on about all sorts of inconsequential shit and I'll have no idea what's happening on the pitch. I have no interest whatsoever in who is sitting next the Ed Shearan, in whom someone thinks Prince George would like to see come on as a substitute or in how Overexcited-Karen thinks the team ought to be playing. Just, describe the match! Impressed? Definitely not.
  • Hangovers... didn't think I drunk that much either 
  • Stig said:
    As someone who had to be in the car when the England game was on, I was really pissed off with the coverage on 5 Live. FFS, just describe the match. If you do it well, you'll be painting images in my head. If you do it reasonably, I'll at least have a fair idea what's going on. If you do it poorly, you'll be waffling on about all sorts of inconsequential shit and I'll have no idea what's happening on the pitch. I have no interest whatsoever in who is sitting next the Ed Shearan, in whom someone thinks Prince George would like to see come on as a substitute or in how Overexcited-Karen thinks the team ought to be playing. Just, describe the match! Impressed? Definitely not.
    It is important to know what their half time snacks are though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!