Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I read somewhere that the seriousness of 'feck' became lessened on both sides of the Irish Sea largely as a result of Father Ted. In Britain, where it was a rarity before the Channel 4 programme, it was believed to be less severe because it was portrayed in the programme as something a priest (albeit a rather shocking one) would say. This in turn had an impact on Irish usage, because they heard English, Scots and Welsh people using it as a softened form of fuck.   
  • Can't believe you bunch of **nts are even debating this.
  • The amount of staff at charing cross on the platform and concourse that happen to be 'exempt' from wearing a mask while majority of passengers are compliant.
  • IdleHans said:
    iaitch said:
    Amazing (my pet hate). 
    Wowsers! is mine. At least amazing is a real word.
    wowsers
    /ˈwaʊzəz/
    exclamation
    INFORMAL
    1. expressing astonishment, admiration, or enthusiasm.
      "the smell alone is fabulous, but the taste—wowsers"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    IdleHans said:
    iaitch said:
    Amazing (my pet hate). 
    Wowsers! is mine. At least amazing is a real word.
    wowsers
    /ˈwaʊzəz/
    exclamation
    INFORMAL
    1. expressing astonishment, admiration, or enthusiasm.
      "the smell alone is fabulous, but the taste—wowsers"
    Wowsers! I didnt expect that.
  • Sorry if it’s been mentioned but I’ve got 1.4 unread posts on here. 

The almost endemic use in the last year or so of the word “super” as an adverb.  I’m super excited. It’s super delicious. I’m super happy etc etc.  Drives me feckin livid.  Nearly as much as the equally endemic use by the younger generations of the word “So” to begin a sentence, especially in response to a question.  Annoys the feck out of me. 
    I have been banging on about SO for ages. It makes my blood boil. To the point where my family have had enough of me shouting at the telly "That sentence works just as well without SO at the start you tosser" 

The Over use of Super is also spot on - see also people saying  " can i GET"  
  • The amount of staff at charing cross on the platform and concourse that happen to be 'exempt' from wearing a mask while majority of passengers are compliant.
    cannon street staff seem to think masks should be worn on their chins
  • Sponsored links:

• At least the fly soray you get these days smells like air freshener rather than industrial poison 😁
  • At least the fly soray you get these days smells like air freshener rather than industrial poison 😁
    Smells better but thats because it doesn't work any more.... the flies in our house use it to cool down like the water mist spray you get abroad, it has zero effect on them. 
  • I keep meaning to get one of those fly zappers that looks like a tennis racket.
  • People that are constantly moaning about our current squad and then say " I havent watched any of the PSF" but still somehow feel qualified to pass judgement on the performances lol
  • AndyG said:
    People that are constantly moaning about our current squad and then say " I havent watched any of the PSF" but still somehow feel qualified to pass judgement on the performances lol
    Which people?
  • Iainment meet Twitter.
    Twitter, this is Iainmnent.
  • Not entering the quiz night at the holiday park and getting every bloody question right. 
  • Not entering the quiz night at the holiday park and getting every bloody question right. 
    What was the prize? 
  • I keep meaning to get one of those fly zappers that looks like a tennis racket.
    I've got one, they are surprisingly excellent, 100% hit rate.
  • Sponsored links:

What was the prize? 
    Not sure but one of the questions was what battle did Nelson take charge of the English forces. It was an interactive quiz and some people put Waterloo. I said in a loud voice to my wife to at there are some bloody stupid people about. She replied quietly that the table next to us had chosen Waterloo as their answer.
    What was the prize? 

A chess board?

• Katie Price
  • My Jack Wilshire style body, only 4 months ago I fractured both sides of my ankle walking. I'm back on crutches again with a small fracture on my knee cap and suspected MCL tear.

And to top it off I lasted 6 minutes and gave away a penalty. 

• People eating fish at work.
    I like fish and eat fish but people heating up fish in a microwave at a work place should be illegal 
    Same with curries, Chinese etc, we used to have some dreadful smells floating around the office once lunch was done. Should be banned
  • Baseball as an Olympic event when just about 3 countries in the world play it/ give a damn about it. If we ever get the Olympics again can we have cheese rolling?
  • Steve Bunce shouting incessantly on the radio. i have to turn it down.
  • Baseball as an Olympic event when just about 3 countries in the world play it/ give a damn about it. If we ever get the Olympics again can we have cheese rolling?
    I can think of 6 .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!