Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• My ego writing cheques my body can't cash. Went to a "clip and climb" with the kids and thought I'd have a go. My back is royally fucked and has been all week. Went to the beach a few days ago and getting up and down was like the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan
  • When you hear the first accorn hit the chicken house roof and realise you've got 3 months of it, morning noon and night 
  • Gribbo said:
    When you hear the first accorn hit the chicken house roof and realise you've got 3 months of it, morning noon and night 
    Can you move the tree?
  • edited September 2021
    MrWalker said:
    Gribbo said:
    When you hear the first accorn hit the chicken house roof and realise you've got 3 months of it, morning noon and night 
    Can you move the tree?
    Lol there's about 5 in all, and they're all what an expert would describe as "established". Have though about putting a master tarp over the roof to cushionthe blow, but it's quite big and a lot of hassle
  • edited September 2021
    Cover the roof with Nutella?
    Or one of these?
    Several gaps can be seen in the netting surrounding the large tree
  • iaitch said:
    Wondered where my condoms had gone.
    Hidden by the Nutella?
  • People who laugh too hard then start clapping whilst they laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• My daughter and her boyfriend are buying their first house, they’ve been responsible young people and saved well and have amassed  substantial deposits to put down, including a cash gift from me. Now, you’d think this would make life easier and they’d be congratulated for their sensible approach, oh no… the amounts of extra hoops and hurdles that have to be negotiated to justify the deposits and provide provenance is astounding, not to mention the way you’re made to feel a criminal purely because you’ve been prudent. It would have been easier to pay 5% and see the house get re-possessed in a few years! 
    I got my first mortgage in 1980. It was tortuous and had it’s own set of hoops and hurdles. It took months to get on the waiting list for a mortgage and a while after that before we were approved. 

I think it’s better it’s difficult as then you take it more seriously.

Good luck to them, I hope they get the right place.
  • If the yoot of today in work didnt put money away during the pandemic they wont have an easier time to save.

All the youngsters in my office would have had months of nowhere to go, no travelling exps while wfh, living at home with their parents. Perfect time to stick a lot of that monthly salary away into savings.
  • If the yoot of today in work didnt put money away during the pandemic they wont have an easier time to save.

All the youngsters in my office would have had months of nowhere to go, no travelling exps while wfh, living at home with their parents. Perfect time to stick a lot of that monthly salary away into savings.
    The thing is nowadays can the youngsters save fast enough?
    We bought a house beginning of this year that needed doing up, about a month ago I spoke to the estate agent he said even if we hadnt done nothing to it the house has gone up 30k.

• MrOneLung said:
    My house earns more than me 
    Those of us fortunate enough to own a house in the south east, have a couple of bob tucked away in investments and maybe a pension scheme or two are living in a curious world nowadays. The money all these bits make without actually having to make or sell a product or actually do anything more than sit down amazes me. There's no way my salary gets close to the rate my paper wealth is increasing. It doesn't really sit comfortably with me, I feel wealth should be through work producing things that make life better for many, not generating paper fortunes through online investment accounts and having a nice postcode. I expect the government will  do something about this in the near future, maybe invent a "Rich  Southerner Bastards Tax" to balance us out against the unfortunate northerners whilst keeping the real rich richer.

What really annoys me about money is; money generally  comes to you at the wrong end of life.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Those of us fortunate enough to own a house in the south east, have a couple of bob tucked away in investments and maybe a pension scheme or two are living in a curious world nowadays. The money all these bits make without actually having to make or sell a product or actually do anything more than sit down amazes me. There's no way my salary gets close to the rate my paper wealth is increasing. It doesn't really sit comfortably with me, I feel wealth should be through work producing things that make life better for many, not generating paper fortunes through online investment accounts and having a nice postcode. I expect the government will  do something about this in the near future, maybe invent a "Rich  Southerner Bastards Tax" to balance us out against the unfortunate northerners whilst keeping the real rich richer.

What really annoys me about money is; money generally  comes to you at the wrong end of life.
    Or the right end of life, imagine if you didn't have the jeopardy of poverty snapping at your heels when you are young, aggressive and hungry to earn money. 

There is the other end of that whereby I would have had the means to do some truly stupid things if I'd had the money at 20 that I seem to have at 40 (like you, very little of it is actually money more stuff that has built up through share options, pensions etc) and I tend to be slightly less keen to blow the lot on hit hatchbacks, women of questionable repute and narcotics 

The other thing to bear in mind is our northern brethren have generally a lower cost of living, you get much more bang for your buck in terms of property the further north you go. The equivalent of my current house is 200k cheaper in Coventry for example and Coventry isn't awfully linked to the rest of the country at all. Granted it is still Coventry but my point remains 
  • MrOneLung said:

Depends how you look at it, both mine and my wife's private pensions and ISA's are looked after by a very good fund manager and his team and they are working very hard to grow our investments.

Just because we are not putting the effort in does not mean nobody is.
  • edited September 2021

Annoys and upsets me that people continue to  treat hospitality sector like this even after the last 18 months. Complete understand those cancelling at short notice due to self-isolating etc, but to just not turn up isn’t fair

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58413919

People who do not turn up to reservations they have made at pubs and restaurants are costing the hospitality sector £17.6bn a year, a report says.

Data from hospitality technology firm Zonal said one in seven customers have not turned up for a reservation without telling the venue since April.

It said 18-34-year-olds were the "worst offenders" for no-shows, with more than a quarter not honouring bookings.

• The way they get the most northern of Yorkshern woman to do the voice over for the "Great" North run like its the tough oop North blah blah blah. Fuck off, the London Marathon is twice the distance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Care home costs are something I am getting used too, but hopefully if the elderly reform bill is any good it might help soften the blow. 
  • buckshee said:
    The press calling Johanna Konta “British” number one tennis player. Britain’s maybe but not British. 
    Somewhat like the kid who won skateboarding in the olympics, born in Japan and spends half her time there and half in California, only represents us because the regime is less rigid than Japan. Yes her Dad may be English but she’s about as British as Sushi..
    Very similar but Konta wasn’t born here, neither of her parents are British and she doesn’t even live here. Even Chris Froome is more British FFS. 
  • People on the chase that pass questions like ‘what colour kit do Chelsea play in’ - just have a guess you knobend.

Special mention to the woman who answered Egypt to ‘what’s the capital of Egypt’. Daft bint.
  • Ineffectual hand dryers that blow out cold air pathetically
  • Gribbo said:
    The way they get the most northern of Yorkshern woman to do the voice over for the "Great" North run like its the tough oop North blah blah blah. Fuck off, the London Marathon is twice the distance 
    But it is tough up north. I had to walk to school through blizzards. In September.
  • I'm now 61. Everything fucking annoys me.
    Wait til you get to my age, young man
  • I'm now 61. Everything fucking annoys me.
    Wait til you get to my age, young man
    Bloody hell - sounds like you need carbon dating.
  • Its coming,national insurance going up,to help care home funding,just watch the Daily Mail in the coming weeks revealing all the bloated salaries and no doubt increases the management award themselves.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!