Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Getting distracted at the cash machine reading my statement and not noticing it has swallowing up my card. Wait 2 hours for the branch to actually open at 10am(!) only to be told they can't give it back to me. Despite having photo ID and quoting the 3 numbers on the back as a security check.

Apparently, as it's not my bank, they can't just reunite me with my own card and I have to go through the lost or stolen card process. What a waste of everyone's time and money when I could see the fecking thing on the other side of the glass.

My fault I know but jeez...
    They aren't permitted, "alien" cards have to be destroyed, as you cannot check the other banks systems to see if theres another reason the card was retained by the machine, and it may be stolen or have a restraint on it. This is audited so cant be waived, and is a Link requirement. Well it was in my day anyway.

Plus as a bonus its a right giggle!

• (In keeping with all senior Royals over the past century.) 

The Duke of Edinburgh's will is to remain secret for at least 90 years in order to protect the "dignity and standing" of the Queen, the High Court has ruled.  Even then there will be a private process to decide if it can be unsealed.

What are these people hiding?

The secrets of holding on to family wealth and passing it on. 
  • When you get a dessert to share in a restaurant with the girlfriend thinking you'll get 80% of it, but then she starts tucking in.
    Never share restaurant food. 
  • MrLargo said:
    On the subject of dining out with females, I've endured the following scenario more times than I'd care to mention....

Her: What are you having?
    Me:  I think I'll have the ribeye steak.
    Her: Oh, I was gonna have that.
    Me: Fine, good for you.
    Her: But we can't both have the same.
    Me: Actually we can (followed by lengthy explanation of how restaurants work, the purpose of a menu, the fact that they generally have more than one serving of everything on the menu).

End result - she's having steak, I'm having whatever her second choice was. 

You seem to know a lot of strange women...?
  • MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    On the subject of dining out with females, I've endured the following scenario more times than I'd care to mention....

Me: Actually we can (followed by lengthy explanation of how restaurants work, the purpose of a menu, the fact that they generally have more than one serving of everything on the menu).

You seem to know a lot of strange women...?
    Are there any out there that aren't strange? I find that very hard to believe.
    Cant argue with that one mate!!
  • When you get a dessert to share in a restaurant with the girlfriend thinking you'll get 80% of it, but then she starts tucking in.
    Says the bloke moaning this week about too much rich food....
    Says the bloke moaning this week about too much rich food....
    i think he was moaning about paying for it rather than eating it 
  • Sponsored links:

• I learned many years ago that:-
    1. To my initial surprise my wife can eat me under the table when she is in the mood, and
    2. Apparently innocent enquiries are almost always loaded stratagems designed to push you towards a course of action of her design.
    I've learned over the years to be alert to her shenanigans and "allow" myself to be "controlled" as part of my grand design to ensure I get the lions share of the wine  ;)
  • I order what I know I like.
    The wife like's to order something different, which she never likes & then always complains.
    Plus she likes to have some of mine, which I find annoying.
  • MrLargo said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrLargo said:

Was this in the dining carriage of the 17:35 to Dartford ?
    I've just been sick in my own mouth. The thought of a dining carriage on South Eastern! Yuk. I'd rather eat a three-course meal served directly from my own anus.
    Despite what happened last time you did that?
    Crazy.
  • I learned many years ago that:-
    1. To my initial surprise my wife can eat me under the table when she is in the mood, and
    2. Apparently innocent enquiries are almost always loaded stratagems designed to push you towards a course of action of her design.
    I've learned over the years to be alert to her shenanigans and "allow" myself to be "controlled" as part of my grand design to ensure I get the lions share of the wine  ;)

Can I just ask, for a friend of course, which restaurant this is?
  • edited September 2021
    Being overtaken on a motorway when you are on cruise control set at 70 mph, by a company van with green energy, save the planet, wind power etc etc. Oh and to rub salt into the wound I live in Dartford 2 minutes from the battle (or lack of) the blue star roundabout, and was stopped from going to work by the protest.
  • Spoiler for those who don't like to know results.

Brentford and ivon toney winning away to wolves in the top division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Travel companies rip off prices for next summer. 

Yeah we know you have had it tough. 

Just booked 10 day all inclusive holiday to Majorca for 2 adults
    and 2 kids for next summer school holidays. Have done flights ourselves (British Airways) and booked hotel direct for total of £3100 when compared to TUI £6200 for same room, dates and even the same BA flights as 
  • Chunes said:
    I know I've been guilty of this myself, but the amount of posts on this board these days that are like: "I said this back in January this would happen and got LOLs..."

"I said X and everyone disagreed..."

It's on every page.
    I said this last year, now people are doing it on every page.
  • Enjoying Vigil on TV, but spoiled somewhat by my son's constant interjections of 'Huh, that's not likely', 'Oh come on' and, 'As if' ...  
  • Chunes said:
    I know I've been guilty of this myself, but the amount of posts on this board these days that are like: "I said this back in January this would happen and got LOLs..."

"I said X and everyone disagreed..."

It's on every page.
    There are a few more examples already today.....
  • My Son started Nursery yesterday, we're eligible for 30-hours free so he goes in all day.

Had an hour session there last Wednesday to get used to the environment and then went in full-time yesterday, we even turned to one of the teachers and said about picking him up at the end of the day.

Been dropped off again today, same again with another of his teachers who is back in today after being off the last week.

Nope... He should be doing just mornings this week, just afternoons next week and then they'll assess him and decide if he's ready to start going the full 30-hours - Erm right, yeah have absolutely no problem with that (as we were a little surprised it wasnt the approach in the first place) but why the hell are we only being told this sort of information on his second bloody day and not yesterday.
  • Enjoying Vigil on TV, but spoiled somewhat by my son's constant interjections of 'Huh, that's not likely', 'Oh come on' and, 'As if' ...  
    on the flip side it annoys me that writers are not  taken to task. I watched Vigil and among other things there is no way on earth that she would have been kitted out and gone through into the torpedo area where the sarrin was. She’s probably never worn breathing apparatus before etc etc.
    Yes I know it’s supposed to be fiction so why not have a few dinosaurs walking about the sub and a couple of Elvis impersonators as well.
    Call of Duty and Silent Witness are just as guilty and as such I can’t take them seriously.
    We have truly embraced mediocrity in the arts in this country.
  • Compost toilets 
    A worst abomination created by man I have yet to see!
  • Supporting Charlton.
  • Greenie said:
    Compost toilets 
    A worst abomination created by man I have yet to see!

????

Buy aerial photos of Crystal Palace Selhurst Park
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!