Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Michael fucking Buble. Who ever takes him out the freezer needs shooting. Mi missus loves him and while I can take her fawning over other men (Henry Cavill) this pain in the arse is too much. What makes it worse is that he’s a decent singer. He’s like a young cliff richard. 
  • Stig said:
    Multipack crisps. They've always been an excuse for short measures, but I'm convinced the packets are getting smaller than ever.

Bought a multipack of monster munch yesterday and it's like they are made for miniature doll children.
  • Didn't know whether to like or lol at that post. I went with like as my neighbors some who I think our complete bellends have posted Christmas cards. Fortunately due to my charity spending they send letters that have Christmas cards as part of them (so I'm covered, not only in this life but in the next as well) so I'm sending a card to some knobs that throughout the last year has pissed me off. At one point I thought our road was a Travis Perkins parking lot. They were single handling keeping the building trade going during covid. People with money eh. Pricks. 
  • MrLargo said:
    Genuinely selfish thing that annoys me. I don't give a toss about Christmas cards, and generally only send them to close family who would be offended if I didn't bother and then, aside from that, on a strictly reciprocal basis. 

I've got a few neighbours who put one through my letterbox - It's nice of them, but I'd really rather they didn't bother, so that I didn't have go to the effort of sending one back.

I thought I was all done for this year, and was delighted that I had exactly the right number of cards left from the cheap selection box I bought last year to meet this year's requirements.

Imagine my fury when I heard the letterbox flapping shortly after lunch today and saw, to my horror, that number 27 had decided I warranted a card, having never given me one in the previous three Christmas' I've lived here.

Now obliged to walk the fifty yards to Londis and then either spend in the region of £1.50 on one card, or buy another pack of ten for about £3 and then have them cluttering up my flat for the next twelve months.

Obviously not expecting anyone to feel remotely sorry for me, but I bet there's one or two on here that get what I'm talking about.
    I'm resolving this one next year.  JacquiLawson.com   £15 a year for unlimited eCards.  Birthdays, Barmitzvahs whatever.

• fucking M&S

My mum ordered an M&S gift basket that was due to arrive on the 20th, she chased it a number of times and eventually spoke to someone today who said the courier has either lost it or damaged it and she wouldn't be getting it.

she used two gift vouchers to get it and some cash which has all been refunded.

unfortunately it's an e-voucher that can only be used online but the two she used were £25 gift vouchers that could be taken into the store and used.

The hamper was a secret Santa present that is needed for Christmas day that now needs to be replaced but I'm going to have to go to bexleyheath on Christmas eve and spend cash to replace it.

She has been offered no form of apology by them and has now just been sent a message by my auntie that the m&s flowers my mum sent up to Edinburgh for her parents grave have arrived bone dry and squashed flat.
  • MrLargo said:
    Genuinely selfish thing that annoys me. I don't give a toss about Christmas cards, and generally only send them to close family who would be offended if I didn't bother and then, aside from that, on a strictly reciprocal basis. 

I've got a few neighbours who put one through my letterbox - It's nice of them, but I'd really rather they didn't bother, so that I didn't have go to the effort of sending one back.

I thought I was all done for this year, and was delighted that I had exactly the right number of cards left from the cheap selection box I bought last year to meet this year's requirements.

Imagine my fury when I heard the letterbox flapping shortly after lunch today and saw, to my horror, that number 27 had decided I warranted a card, having never given me one in the previous three Christmas' I've lived here.

Now obliged to walk the fifty yards to Londis and then either spend in the region of £1.50 on one card, or buy another pack of ten for about £3 and then have them cluttering up my flat for the next twelve months.

Obviously not expecting anyone to feel remotely sorry for me, but I bet there's one or two on here that get what I'm talking about.
    As someone who likes sending cards, I do not send in order to receive a card back. If I send a friend a card and they don't send me one then that is fine. 

If you don't like a person, then don't send them a card. I'm sure they'll get over it! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I like M&S in store but their online customer service is terrible.

I ordered flowers a while back for my mum's birthday, put the delivery date in for her birthday, went through and paid etc and the confirmation popped up - reverted back to the next day, about 2 weeks before her birthday and while she was away.

Took so much effort to sort it out, being on good for ages and getting cut off, then told I was out of time to change it etc.
  • MrLargo said:
    Wilma said:
    MrLargo said:

As someone who likes sending cards, I do not send in order to receive a card back. If I send a friend a card and they don't send me one then that is fine. 

If you don't like a person, then don't send them a card. I'm sure they'll get over it! 
    It's not about not liking them, it's about me being bone idle. Like yourself, I don't give to receive either. However, when I do receive something, I feel a sense of obligation to respond in kind.

Anyway, this has turned into a catastrophe now. I went to the gym, and then nipped into Asda, which is next door to the gym, to buy the card. Disastrously, and to my disbelief, they only had Christmas cards that were "to my son", "to my fiance", "to my mother-in-law" etc. They didn't have any neutral ones at all, and nor did they have any that said "To my neighbour, wishing you a merry Christmas and sincerely hoping that you don't bother sending me a card next year".

So they'll have to wait until tomorrow, unless I run out of wine mid-evening and have to nip over to Londis anyway. It's so stressful being a single bloke with no meaningful responsibilities.
    So worryingly close to my own internal monologue 
  • Just don’t get them one. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. 

One annoying busy body sent cards to some of your neighbours one year. The next year a few neighbours thought better get that nosey cow a card as she got me one last year. Might as well get Ted and Joan one too whilst I am at it. 

Next year Ted and Joan feel like they need to get that neighbour one back, plus nosey bitch who has sent them one for last two years and might as well get Steve and Diane next door one as well seeing as there was a cheap pack of cards 

the next year, well you get the idea. 

Knock it on the head and be the catalyst to be the ‘well that weird train guy didn’t bother last year so will drop him off my list’ person and by 2033 no more cards will be sent. 
  • MrLargo said:

Don't feel obliged to do anything. These stupid reciprocal agreements only exist because people get suckered in like that. Do nothing, they obviously don't care or they would have sent you one in previous years. Anyone who is fussed that you don't send them a card isn't worth knowing anyway.
  • Didn't know whether to like or lol at that post. I went with like as my neighbors some who I think our complete bellends have posted Christmas cards. Fortunately due to my charity spending they send letters that have Christmas cards as part of them (so I'm covered, not only in this life but in the next as well) so I'm sending a card to some knobs that throughout the last year has pissed me off. At one point I thought our road was a Travis Perkins parking lot. They were single handling keeping the building trade going during covid. People with money eh. Pricks. 
    I am so in touch with that emotion!🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Boiler packing it in at 10pm on Christmas Eve. FML
  • Boiler packing it in at 10pm on Christmas Eve. FML
    Ours went on 22nd...9 years old and beyond repair. Living room / dining room / kitchen toasty and warm. Everywhere else arctic. Happy Christmas  :)
  • edited December 2021
    My parents meeting us to swap presents etc Christmas Eve (when they are coming over tomorrow anyway) then my mum announcing about an hour in that they visited my sister earlier and my nephew had a stomach bug.

Cue my daughter throwing up at half 10 on Christmas fucking Eve.

Why my sister let my mum round knowing that my nephew had been ill and that he might pass it on, and why my mum a) went and b) then still came to see us I have no idea.

Probably ruined Christmas for all of us.  I'm livid.
  • My parents meeting us to swap presents etc Christmas Eve (when they are coming over tomorrow anyway) then my mum announcing about an hour in that they visited my sister earlier and my nephew had a stomach bug.

Why my sister let my mum round knowing that my nephew had been ill and that he might pass it on, and why my mum a) went and b) then still came to see us I have no idea.

Had similar last year with me mum and dad.
    Had to help me dad with something for a few hours.
    Mun then tells me me dads not been well.
    Topped up me dad had coronavirus and I topped up doing 10 days isolation because theyd let me go round there.
  • edited December 2021
    People who go to the pub around Christmas but never usually. If you can't be bothered to come on a gloomy, slightly depressing Monday night in November you don't deserve to come on Boxing day when it's buzzing
    If you could enforce that, wouldn't Boxing Day in the pub be a bit like a slightly depressing night in November?  ;)
  • edited December 2021
    clb74 said:
    My parents meeting us to swap presents etc Christmas Eve (when they are coming over tomorrow anyway) then my mum announcing about an hour in that they visited my sister earlier and my nephew had a stomach bug.

Had similar last year with me mum and dad.
    Had to help me dad with something for a few hours.
    Mun then tells me me dads not been well.
    Topped up me dad had coronavirus and I topped up doing 10 days isolation because theyd let me go round there.
    It's just so brainless, especially at the moment.
  • edited December 2021
    Australian cricket scores. I don’t mean just that they often beat us by massive scores, but that they are the wrong way round. They haven’t scored one run and us taken 55 wickets as the score suggests. Innumerate convicts
    I feel the same about Americans with dates. Why would you go Month/Day/Year? It’s just stupid.
    Takes a while, but it comes naturally eventually. (about thirty years)
  • Men
    <Unavailable sticks tongue out emoji>  ;)
  • MrLargo said:
    Wilma said:
    MrLargo said:

It's not about not liking them, it's about me being bone idle. Like yourself, I don't give to receive either. However, when I do receive something, I feel a sense of obligation to respond in kind.

Anyway, this has turned into a catastrophe now. I went to the gym, and then nipped into Asda, which is next door to the gym, to buy the card. Disastrously, and to my disbelief, they only had Christmas cards that were "to my son", "to my fiance", "to my mother-in-law" etc. They didn't have any neutral ones at all, and nor did they have any that said "To my neighbour, wishing you a merry Christmas and sincerely hoping that you don't bother sending me a card next year".

So they'll have to wait until tomorrow, unless I run out of wine mid-evening and have to nip over to Londis anyway. It's so stressful being a single bloke with no meaningful responsibilities.
    I so want you to send them one of the cards you mention with the "son", "fiance", " mother-in-law" crossed out my and ",neighbour" scrawled in.
    Only way to convey your true Xmas sentiments  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!