Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Men
    <Unavailable sticks tongue out emoji>  ;)
    😋😛😝😜🤪
  • MrLargo said:
    Wilma said:
    MrLargo said:
    Genuinely selfish thing that annoys me. I don't give a toss about Christmas cards, and generally only send them to close family who would be offended if I didn't bother and then, aside from that, on a strictly reciprocal basis. 

I've got a few neighbours who put one through my letterbox - It's nice of them, but I'd really rather they didn't bother, so that I didn't have go to the effort of sending one back.

I thought I was all done for this year, and was delighted that I had exactly the right number of cards left from the cheap selection box I bought last year to meet this year's requirements.

Imagine my fury when I heard the letterbox flapping shortly after lunch today and saw, to my horror, that number 27 had decided I warranted a card, having never given me one in the previous three Christmas' I've lived here.

Now obliged to walk the fifty yards to Londis and then either spend in the region of £1.50 on one card, or buy another pack of ten for about £3 and then have them cluttering up my flat for the next twelve months.

Obviously not expecting anyone to feel remotely sorry for me, but I bet there's one or two on here that get what I'm talking about.
    As someone who likes sending cards, I do not send in order to receive a card back. If I send a friend a card and they don't send me one then that is fine. 

If you don't like a person, then don't send them a card. I'm sure they'll get over it! 
    It's not about not liking them, it's about me being bone idle. Like yourself, I don't give to receive either. However, when I do receive something, I feel a sense of obligation to respond in kind.

Anyway, this has turned into a catastrophe now. I went to the gym, and then nipped into Asda, which is next door to the gym, to buy the card. Disastrously, and to my disbelief, they only had Christmas cards that were "to my son", "to my fiance", "to my mother-in-law" etc. They didn't have any neutral ones at all, and nor did they have any that said "To my neighbour, wishing you a merry Christmas and sincerely hoping that you don't bother sending me a card next year".

So they'll have to wait until tomorrow, unless I run out of wine mid-evening and have to nip over to Londis anyway. It's so stressful being a single bloke with no meaningful responsibilities.
    I so want you to send them one of the cards you mention with the "son", "fiance", " mother-in-law" crossed out my and ",neighbour" scrawled in.
    Only way to convey your true Xmas sentiments  ;)
    I have a birthday depressingly close to Christmas and one year it was evident a best mate had forgotten it.  

Wishing to maximise the drama I left it till 10.00 pm and phoned him.  I opened with, "Right you've got two hours".  "Two hours what?" "Two hours to get my birthday card round here!"  The phone went dead.

Twenty minutes later he and his wife arrived at my front door clutching a card in a second hand envelope.  They'd crossed out Christmas from Happy Christmas on the front and replaced with Birthday. The inside message addressed to them had been deleted and replaced with some platitude to me.

They then set to work on the whisky bottle that was left out on the side ... oh yeah I helped with that ... a bit ... I s'pose. 
  • limeygent said:
    Australian cricket scores. I don’t mean just that they often beat us by massive scores, but that they are the wrong way round. They haven’t scored one run and us taken 55 wickets as the score suggests. Innumerate convicts
    I feel the same about Americans with dates. Why would you go Month/Day/Year? It’s just stupid.
    Takes a while, but it comes naturally eventually. (about thirty years)
    Oh I got used to it easily enough when I lived there Limey. Doesn’t make it right though! 😂
  • The odds of 33/1 for England to win The Ashes. They are literally pick-pocketing loyal England fans.
  • Stig said:
    The odds of 33/1 for England to win The Ashes. They are literally pick-pocketing loyal England fans.
    66s with skybet 
  • clb74 said:
    Stig said:
    The odds of 33/1 for England to win The Ashes. They are literally pick-pocketing loyal England fans.
    66s with skybet 
    Add a couple of noughts and it'll be about right.
  • Stig said:
    clb74 said:
    Stig said:
    66s with skybet 
    Add a couple of noughts and it'll be about right.
    Are you talking about the odds or the England scorecard?
  • edited December 2021
    We have a quiz game for Christmas called "More or Less". The concept is probably self explanatory. The answer to a great many of the questions is "fewer".
  • We have a quiz game for Christmas called "More or Less". The concept is probably self explanatory. The answer to a great many of the questions is "fewer".
    Shouldn’t it be ‘less’ ?
  • stonemuse said:
    We have a quiz game for Christmas called "More or Less". The concept is probably self explanatory. The answer to a great many of the questions is "fewer".
    Shouldn’t it be ‘less’ ?
    Not if the answer should be "fewer"...
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t been on this thread in years.  All these professional footballers putting photos of their families up for Xmas on twitter.  Doing my nut.  Piss off, who cares 
  • Booster jab texts

Enough already, mine is booked so leave me the fuck alone. 
  • buckshee said:
    Booster jab texts

Enough already, mine is booked so leave me the fuck alone. 
    Government forced all mobile phone. I pained to send that text to everyone. I’ve already been triple jabbed thanks. 
  • Me too, thought they were offering me a fourth one.
  • Todays offering 
  • edited December 2021
    1StevieG said:
    Todays offering 
    Not sure what's annoying about that @1StevieG looks okay to me! 
  • edited December 2021
    1StevieG said:
    Todays offering 
    Not sure what's annoying about that @1StevieG looks okay to me! 
    Bugger….and I am stone cold sober…
  • French metrosexuals such as Olivier Giroud, if he spent as much time learning to play and less time moisturising and lying in the bath with bath bombs he might shake off the ponce label.  Shirtliff,Jorge Costa or Brown would've had the berk
  • Sponsored links:

• Shirt pulling now being allowed in league one it seems, at least four unpunished occasions today so far, same every week this season. 
  • The list of fans and players we've lost this year being displayed on the bug screen in forename, not surname, order.

How fecking hard can it be?
  • Was the same on the big screen as well. 
  • The list of fans and players we've lost this year being displayed on the bug screen in forename, not surname, order.

How fecking hard can it be?
    Perfectly legitimate way to sort it. 

Arguably easier to look out for a name you are familiar with as you refer to them ordinarily  by their first name and not their surname. 

So not ‘hard’ I suspect but a choice to do it that way.

May not be your preference  or indeed some others but it is not entirely wrong either. 
  • charlton tv not keeping up with the live action. 
  • No jackpot ticket sellers
  • Finding out the kids don't go back to school till Thursday
  • edited January 2022

Useless pricks.
  • Protesters that can't spell paedophile.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!