Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Luckily the meeting finished and he's gone off down the carriage.  Still being an annoying, noisy inconsiderate bellend but he's further away at least.
  • Throw one shoe out the window

• IdleHans said:
    Throw one shoe out the window

Then tell him to hop off😀
  • Luckily the meeting finished and he's gone off down the carriage.  Still being an annoying, noisy inconsiderate bellend but he's further away at least.
    You on the Sidcup line?
  • Paying by card in a pub and you have to tap on the top of the machine meaning you can't see what the bar person has entered into the machine. Most do show you but every now and then they don't.
    Which of course being me I only think about it till afterwards to ask for a receipt. 

Fortunately no one as of yet has over charged me but would be nice (bit of customer service) if they showed you the amount before you're  potentially tapping away a chunk of your savings. Especially now it's up to 100 quid? 
    Got charged £22.50 in the Covered End for a Bovril, didn't realise until my i checked my bank statement.

• Paying by card in a pub and you have to tap on the top of the machine meaning you can't see what the bar person has entered into the machine. Most do show you but every now and then they don't.
    Which of course being me I only think about it till afterwards to ask for a receipt. 

Fortunately no one as of yet has over charged me but would be nice (bit of customer service) if they showed you the amount before you're  potentially tapping away a chunk of your savings. Especially now it's up to 100 quid? 
    Got charged £22.50 in the Covered End for a Bovril, didn't realise until my i checked my bank statement.

It's a really poor show that you can't see what they are charging. I always pay on my Monzo so it shows up instantly on my phone.
  • Stig said:
    Paying by card in a pub and you have to tap on the top of the machine meaning you can't see what the bar person has entered into the machine. Most do show you but every now and then they don't.

It's a really poor show that you can't see what they are charging. I always pay on my Monzo so it shows up instantly on my phone.
    Shows up instantly on my phone as well using either HSBS or Barclays apps. 
  • And on NatWest 
  • Adele’s ‘natural’ talking voice. Fantastic signing voice and talented but nobody talks like that. It’s like the cheeky chappy Danny Dyer act but in female form. It’s weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Men who call themselves feminists. 
    Virtue signallers/woke
    The Mainstream media
    Al Gore
    Tardiness. 
    Pride (the wrong sort) 
    Fans that never sing or shout. 
    Footballers in post match interviews who say " yeah well like I say ,,," and then they say something they haven't yet said at all. 
    Ewan MacGregor. 
    Pop music post-1990.
    Smart anything. Phones, meters etc 
    Carol Vorderman post Countdown. 
    Ads on Classic FM. 
    Adjusting the straps on swimming goggles 

• Women's football news interspersed with actual football news. As though anyone wants to read this drivel.  Classic FM ads spring to mind .... 
  • Trolls. Still trolls.
  • iaitch said:
    Women's football news interspersed with actual football news. As though anyone wants to read this drivel.  Classic FM ads spring to mind .... 
    Big game in the WSL last weekend, headlines on BBC website saying it deserved a bigger crowd than 3,000.

When will they realise that not many people are interested in women's football.
    Although in this case it was a sell out and they were saying should have been played elsewhere 
  • How many is a big crowd for women's football? Do they get 5 figure crowds for league games?
  • They have had big crowds when played at the mens grounds. 
  • Women’s football wouldn’t get consistent ‘large’ crowds if they played all their games at the big stadiums. They probably get larger crowds when they do play their for the simple fact they’re playing in that ground. The novelty wears off and the crowds get smaller.
  • edited February 2022
    People that call others with a different point or different opinions "trolls".
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
  • Weighing myself early on a Sunday morning because know my good lady is making me a suet pudding for Sunday tea and then @AFKABartram throws us a free week! ;)
  • People that call others with a different point or different opinions "trolls".
    I utterly agree. 
  • Adele’s ‘natural’ talking voice. Fantastic signing voice and talented but nobody talks like that. It’s like the cheeky chappy Danny Dyer act but in female form. It’s weird.
    If only hers was a signing voice, we'd all be better off.
    That mewling singing voice of hers is like nails down a blackboard, the lyrics are nauseatingly inane and the melodies infantile in their simplicity.
    If a Tweenie or Teletubbie went solo it'd be more nuanced and interesting.  Po definitely has a better command of our mother tongue.  
  • "Stevie G"

Unless, of course, the G stands for Gritt
  • IdleHans said:
    "Stevie G"

Unless, of course, the G stands for Gritt
    @1StevieG - thoughts?
  • Poxy Qatar bastardisation of the world's greatest sporting tournament. Usually start looking forward to summer tournaments and all that go with them.

Criminal it's going to be in winter and break up the domestic season.

Hope it's a one off freak show and goes to back to summer again.
  • People that call others with a different point or different opinions "trolls".
    Yes!  BUT also

1. people who deliberately post unrelated, fact free “opinions” to disrupt a post or to progress an extreme point of view consistently denying they are trolls.

2. people not calling out those behaviors.
  • The Royal Mail's plan to make existing 1st and 2nd class stamps void on the 31st January 2023.

Yes they can be swapped out, but what a lot of faffing about.  I suspect most people with a few stamps left won't be bothered and that'll result in a huge windfall for the Royal Mail.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps?PSID=Google_PPC&cid=SC_FY2122_SM_71700000090178607_58700007649961417&gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_bPDzHJ7LJ0fssxIJiLatfW9lcN7MdbPm4VWjftayDlnMNdi7u1plYaAu0YEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • edited February 2022
    Solicitors.

We are selling our parents house, their solicitors asked a question on a line in the land registry about the garden. I answered that the size & shape of the garden hasn’t changed since my parents bought the house in ‘71, that was over a month ago.
    All the contracts are signed, but not exchanged.

Looking at the land registry, it states that the boundary is marked in red and this was in 1937. I think that the black line should have been removed then. Neither solicitors seem to be able to make a decision and are going back to land registry for an answer. Not sure how long or if they will get an answer.

I have also pointed out that their solicitors were involved in the purchase of the property back in ‘71 and it went through.  I have the signed contract from that purchase and have emailed it to our solicitors.🤬🤬🤬🤬
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!