Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Conveyancing solicitors are not usually the most speedy nor the top legal brains of the profession unfortunately. 
  • edited February 2022
    The Royal Mail's plan to make existing 1st and 2nd class stamps void on the 31st January 2023.

Yes they can be swapped out, but what a lot of faffing about.  I suspect most people with a few stamps left won't be bothered and that'll result in a huge windfall for the Royal Mail.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps?PSID=Google_PPC&cid=SC_FY2122_SM_71700000090178607_58700007649961417&gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_bPDzHJ7LJ0fssxIJiLatfW9lcN7MdbPm4VWjftayDlnMNdi7u1plYaAu0YEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I think you're overlooking the major benefits to the customer: "These barcodes will provide customers with access to exclusive video content. The first of these videos features Shaun the sheep and his four legged friends. You can access this video via the Royal Mail App" 
    Whoopee doo, that's just what I want when I post a letter.
  • edited February 2022
    Reminders on socials to buy tickets for today’s match. 

When there are zero tickets available for the west stand. 

Especially as I know when I watch the highlights there will be tons of empty seats. 

• Solicitors.

We are selling our parents house, their solicitors asked a question on a line in the land registry about the garden. I answered that the size & shape of the garden hasn’t changed since my parents bought the house in ‘71, that was over a month ago.
    All the contracts are signed, but not exchanged.

Looking at the land registry, it states that the boundary is marked in red and this was in 1937. I think that the black line should have been removed then. Neither solicitors seem to be able to make a decision and are going back to land registry for an answer. Not sure how long or if they will get an answer.

I have also pointed out that their solicitors were involved in the purchase of the property back in ‘71 and it went through.  I have the signed contract from that purchase and have emailed it to our solicitors.🤬🤬🤬🤬
    I had a not dissimilar historic issue when selling my mother in laws house relating to the right of way running along the rear of the property.
    I said to the solicitor there must be a quick way to resolve this, "what can you suggest?"
    We signed an indemnity/insurance policy which cost about £200 from memory and that was that.
    Good luck.
  • Getting a fare to shithurst park from Central London when it's extremely busy in town 😭
  • Too many named storms. We've got Franklin on its way now. Obviously the really bad news is the climate change that's brought about a higher number of 'freak' weather events. I can’t help but think though that if we're getting three named storms in a week they might have set the bar too low. The whole point of naming storms was to draw people's attention to their seriousness. Name too many and there's a risk we'll just become blasé. 
  • Stig said:
    Too many named storms. We've got Franklin on its way now. Obviously the really bad news is the climate change that's brought about a higher number of 'freak' weather events. I can’t help but think though that if we're getting three named storms in a week they might have set the bar too low. The whole point of naming storms was to draw people's attention to their seriousness. Name too many and there's a risk we'll just become blasé. 
    What level do you think it should be? Seems right to me.
  • iainment said:
    Stig said:
    Too many named storms. We've got Franklin on its way now. Obviously the really bad news is the climate change that's brought about a higher number of 'freak' weather events. I can’t help but think though that if we're getting three named storms in a week they might have set the bar too low. The whole point of naming storms was to draw people's attention to their seriousness. Name too many and there's a risk we'll just become blasé. 
    What level do you think it should be? Seems right to me.
    I have no idea, but three in a week seems a little ostentatious. 
  • Surely there is a naming threshold that the predicted storms have to hit before getting a name? It just so happens 3 have hit that threshold this week. There may not be another one for months. 
  • Surely there is a naming threshold that the predicted storms have to hit before getting a name? It just so happens 3 have hit that threshold this week. There may not be another one for months. 
    This.  Wind/Storm Criteria are met, preselected names in Alphabetical order are assigned
  • Sponsored links:

• And the increasing frequency of such storms brings home the seriousness of climatic change
  • When Im out with my camera I always try to have the attitude that I dont OWN the scene, so never expect people to get out my way for me to capture something. 

Yet today I bloody well got up at 5am to head down to Trottiscliffe for a Sunrise, I've waited in location (in the cold) for over an hour, and some bloody dog walker has come along. Right before the perfect time and sat right in my shot!! 
  • When you spend a good hour updating your playlist last night, but the first 5 songs that come on random play, are ones you've had on there for ages
  • Looking for 12 month rental and no one allowing dogs. Blatent discrimination 
  • BBC rugby coverage - why do we have to have the "poetry" reviews accompanied by music...

Please never let this nonsense infect football coverage.
  • Why do we have to see knobheads in the crowd or the coaches looking at their laptops each time the play stops.
  • Prick commentator on radio 5 earlier who, after there had been a long discussion on russia's invasion of Ukraine, started his trailer for the tinpot cup final with the phrase 'This is really, REALLY, important'.
    It so fucking isn't.
    However, you are an utter, UTTER cock.
  • One of my bloody cats is just... plain and simple... Stupid!!

When we replaced the backdoor a few years ago, we got a cat flap installed, so it was easier for them to go in and out - One of them, refuses to use it, he sits by the back door, making a noise until you open it for him.

He has learnt now to open a door into the basement, god knows how... But there is a cat flap in there, the little bastard is happy to use that one, but wont use the one we bloody well installed for him!!
  • Sponsored links:

• One of my bloody cats is just... plain and simple... Stupid!!

When we replaced the backdoor a few years ago, we got a cat flap installed, so it was easier for them to go in and out - One of them, refuses to use it, he sits by the back door, making a noise until you open it for him.

He has learnt now to open a door into the basement, god knows how... But there is a cat flap in there, the little bastard is happy to use that one, but wont use the one we bloody well installed for him!!
    One of my bloody cats is just... plain and simple... Stupid!!

One of my bloody cats is just... plain and simple... Stupid!!

Welcome to the world of the most independant,selfish creatures on this earth,but dont you just love them to bits.
  • Every day we have an RIP or a report of someone affected by a serious illness,just praying for the day when a certain person based in the North East is the subject of a post.
  • Sorry meant North West
  • edited March 2022
    Every day we have an RIP or a report of someone affected by a serious illness,just praying for the day when a certain person based in the North East is the subject of a post.
    Sorry meant North West
    Getting the North East / North West mixed up...

I always bloody do it, when writing the Sunderland preview I had to stop and what East / West was, as I knew where it was.

The South East / South West, absolutely no issues remembering.
  • Kids got accepted into their first choice secondary school last week, got their acceptance letters on Saturday asking for all sorts of I.D and proof of address not only for us but them also (I mean who has paper bills etc nowadays) and we have a week to sort or they could lose their place!
  • The fact that my Son seems to be picking up every single bloody bug thats going around at the moment.

- Comes down with a sick bug, that lasts for two weeks, including HT and his Birthday
     - That ends, and is instantly replaced by a fever so its a further two days before he can go back to Nursery.
     - Went back last Tuesday, then this Monday picks up a cold (that I've caught), isn't an issue as he can go in.
     - Wakes up this morning at 5am, has another sick bug so has to stay home for 48-hours.

This term ends on 1st April, and if the latest sick bug lasts as long as the last one did - He'll have barely been in Nursery this whole bloody term the poor lil sod. Means he has to sit at home, and get sporadic attention from me as I'm having to work.
  • Jimmy Bullard
  • Football commentaters when they say the ball hit the frame of the goal.

Never heard anyone in the crowd say that, it's the bar or post.
  • Charlton Athletic
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!