Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2022
    Getting an email from Charlton asking why I’m not using my ST. But not being able to just reply to it but having to use a different address for the answer and having to dig out my fan number as well.
    If they’re interested just let the email be answerable. They have my details already.
  • Doing the matchday thread these last few weeks
  • 'young', as in 'he's 92 years young'.

No, no he isn't. He's 92 years old. Dont be so fucking patronising and twee.
  • Looking at the oncoming traffic outside Brixton Academy & stepping into a kerb side puddle up to my ankles. Fuck. 
  • Looking at the oncoming traffic outside Brixton Academy & stepping into a kerb side puddle up to my ankles. Fuck. 
    Just don't make a habit of it.

• iaitch said:
    Football commentaters when they say the ball hit the frame of the goal.

Never heard anyone in the crowd say that, it's the bar or post.
    Would you allow the exception of when it hits the corner bit, or do they have to say "it hit the corner of post and bar?"
  • Food delivery scooter riders. Complete and utter bellends,total disregard for other road users,swerving in and out of traffic,overtaking on the wrong side of traffic islands etc etc. They seem to have a deathwish the way they ride.
  • Stig said:
    Looking at the oncoming traffic outside Brixton Academy & stepping into a kerb side puddle up to my ankles. Fuck. 
    Just don't make a habit of it.

Luckily I was pissed & amazingly didn't notice. Great gig. 
  • This seemingly new phenomenon of football pundits saying "Listen...." before saying something. 

• Aidan O'Brian has been doing that for years.

Another one is where the reply is 'definitely' to any question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having watched a quick espares YouTube vid on replacing a washing machine element which took the bloke ten seconds to remove, then struggling for 45 minutes with a craft knife to slice up the hardened and swollen rubber seal to get the old bastard out.

• IdleHans said:
    Having watched a quick espares YouTube vid on replacing a washing machine element which took the bloke ten seconds to remove, then struggling for 45 minutes with a craft knife to slice up the hardened and swollen rubber seal to get the old bastard out.

Yeaaa... YouTube to find out about a broken washing machine, wink wink... nudge nudge
  • IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Having watched a quick espares YouTube vid on replacing a washing machine element which took the bloke ten seconds to remove, then struggling for 45 minutes with a craft knife to slice up the hardened and swollen rubber seal to get the old bastard out.

Yeaaa... YouTube to find out about a broken washing machine, wink wink... nudge nudge
    The housewife in the version I watched was certainly remarkably grateful for the engineers quick work
    Sorted her out with some new pipe? 
  • People that call others with a different point or different opinions "trolls".
    Wholly agree SA! 
  • People that have no time for young people..
  • edited March 2022
    MrLargo said:
    Two reasons for this post, which is overflowing with first world complaints. The context is as follows:

I'm off on holiday to Brazil. Sorry if that sounds like a boast. It's not intended to, but it's quite difficult to say "I'm off to Brazil" without sounding like a bit of a show off tosser.

Reason 1. I'm an Airmiles/Avios geek, so I've flown via Spain in order to save a significant amount of dosh. Landed in Madrid at 19.15 local time, fly to Sao Paolo at 23.55, about 4 and a half hours sitting around in Madrid. Quite a lot of boring sitting around time, but I got a free airport lounge pass with my credit card last year, so not too horrendous. Sorted myself out with a dodgy VPN, and happily sat in lounge drinking free booze, eating free food, watching Palace's fortuitous draw with Brighton on my tablet. Happy times (apart from Palace not losing). I then get a text and email from Iberia, telling me that my flight is delayed until 3am. I go through my repertoire of swear words, make a psychological link between Iberia and South Eastern Trains, but then take a huge positive from the fact that I'm in an airport lounge, so at least I can console myself with another three hours of free boozing and eating.

Another ten minutes passes, and I get a further email from Iberia, saying that they "urgently" need to check my travel documents, and I need to go to the boarding gate asap. I've already submitted these documents yesterday, and got an email saying that they've been approved, but the use of the word "urgently" panics me a bit. So I leave the lovely airport lounge and head to the gate. Nobody there. Piss around for 45 minutes and then finally someone shows up. I approach, looking a bit stressed, and show her the email I've received. She checks my boarding pass and then tells me that everything has already been checked and it's all fine. Still got ages until my flight, but the lounge bitch won't let me back in, so now paid about £40 to get shit-faced in the airport bar, rather than doing it for free. To add a final bit of insult to injury, we're now getting ready to board finally, and my name gets read out, because they do want to check my documents now, and shock horror they're all fine.  This is very much a general thing that annoys me intensely. It's right up there with "displaced train crew" and "passenger taken ill" in terms of "we haven't got a farking clue what's going on".

Reason 2. A number of the superb people on this forum provided valuable psychological support when I went on holiday with a shopaholic lunatic a few years back. There are parallels with this holiday, although the lady in question has been subject to a much more rigorous vetting process. I'm putting you all on standby, although I think it's highly unlikely you'll get any complaints from me, but very very feasible that a random Brazilian woman signs up to Charlton Life in a few days time and starts multiple new discussions about premature ejaculation, micro-penis syndrome, and "are all English blokes this tedious?".
    I can relate to your final paragraph!

Out of interest, what city is you new friend from?
  • @ElfsborgAddick

She's from Piracicaba, couple of hours drive from Sao Paulo. Heading back out there in April actually. Booked my flights to fit in with Cambridge away on Easter Monday, so pretty annoyed today.

Think we've met by the way (unless I've got my wires crossed). I'm Mark Rayner's mate from Morecambe away. Didn't make the link with your Charlton Life persona at the time!
  • MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

She's from Piracicaba, couple of hours drive from Sao Paulo. Heading back out there in April actually. Booked my flights to fit in with Cambridge away on Easter Monday, so pretty annoyed today.

Think we've met by the way (unless I've got my wires crossed). I'm Mark Rayner's mate from Morecambe away. Didn't make the link with your Charlton Life persona at the time!
    Had he bought a round then?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Haha! He was a very nice bloke indeed, was a pleasure to meet him.
  • MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Not Mark Rayner with the brown hair?
  • Gribbo said:
    MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Bald.
  • MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Bought the first round as well.
  • Gribbo said:
    MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Bald.
    Thought he said Brazilian….
  • Taking the car to the mechanic, and 6 hours later having heard absolutely nothing.
  • MrLargo said:
    @ElfsborgAddick

Bought the first round as well.

• Notice the fine example of womanhood,Katie Price is up in court again,I am anticipating another slap on the wrist which will really tip me over the edge.
  • Will she be playing the 'I have a handicapped son who relies on me' card?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!