Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Christ almighty I could write a book based on how often the NHS pisses me off.

Woke up @ 4am and realised that my Asthma inhaler was low - Put in a repeat prescription on the NHS app as knew it would run out today, and didnt want to have to go over the Easter break without one... Every other time I've placed a prescription its been approved that same day.

Got to about 2pm and my inhaler ran out, started having some wheezing episodes so called 111 to ask for an Urgent Prescription - Instead get told that I'd get a call back with the view to getting an Ambulance round which left me a bit stunned.

- Got the call within ten minutes; Yup we're sending an Ambulance
     - Me: I dont need an Ambulance, I'm bloody fine, I just need a prescription
     - 111: Okay we'll contact the Surgery and make your earlier request as Urgent as we cant do anything.

Gets to 6pm, still no sign off so call the Surgery... Yup we'll have it done by 6:30pm as the Doc goes home then, and they're just signing off the prescriptions now - 6:30pm comes and goes, so walk to the Pharmacy attached to it... Nope they've not received any approval, and everyone has pissed off home.

Now back on the phone to 111 to try and get another prescription sent to the Pharmacy.
    Have you spoken to your pharmacy mate? I’ve forgotten to order repeat prescriptions in the past and they’ve sorted me out until the prescription came through. 
    Yeah it was them who confirmed the Surgery was closed, and basically told me I had to contact 111 to send them a new prescription.

iainment said:
    Christ almighty I could write a book based on how often the NHS pisses me off.

Woke up @ 4am and realised that my Asthma inhaler was low - Put in a repeat prescription on the NHS app as knew it would run out today, and didnt want to have to go over the Easter break without one... Every other time I've placed a prescription its been approved that same day.

Got to about 2pm and my inhaler ran out, started having some wheezing episodes so called 111 to ask for an Urgent Prescription - Instead get told that I'd get a call back with the view to getting an Ambulance round which left me a bit stunned.

- 111: Okay we'll contact the Surgery and make your earlier request as Urgent as we cant do anything.

Gets to 6pm, still no sign off so call the Surgery... Yup we'll have it done by 6:30pm as the Doc goes home then, and they're just signing off the prescriptions now - 6:30pm comes and goes, so walk to the Pharmacy attached to it... Nope they've not received any approval, and everyone has pissed off home.

Now back on the phone to 111 to try and get another prescription sent to the Pharmacy.
    I have spare inhalers if you need them. Fostair and salbutamol.
    Cheers, should hopefully get this sorted, but will potentially send you a message if not - Appreciate it
  • Christ almighty I could write a book based on how often the NHS pisses me off.

Have you spoken to your pharmacy mate? I’ve forgotten to order repeat prescriptions in the past and they’ve sorted me out until the prescription came through. 
    Yeah it was them who confirmed the Surgery was closed, and basically told me I had to contact 111 to send them a new prescription.

iainment said:

Cheers, should hopefully get this sorted, but will potentially send you a message if not - Appreciate it
    Hope you get sorted mate. 

Me too.

iainment said:

Hope you get sorted mate. 
    Yeah all resolved now... Really helpful lady from 111 sorted everything out in a matter of minutes - Didn't have the heart to rant down the phone at her
  • Fussy eaters. Trying to plan a meal for the extended family, might just make it bring your own!
  • The four hour wait we have got between checking out of our all inclusive in Lanzarote and getting our taxi to airport. 

Stocking up on drinks as our wristbands stop at 12:00 on departure day and no late checkouts. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    The four hour wait we have got between checking out of our all inclusive in Lanzarote and getting our taxi to airport. 

Stocking up on drinks as our wristbands stop at 12:00 on departure day and no late checkouts. 
    Woohoo- checked out and they didn’t take the wristbands from us like it says on the welcome pack 
  • Sponsored links:

• People who ask your opinion on something only to then effectively say "Oh no, I wouldn't do that, I'd do it my original way."

Fine, do it in your way the first place, but why ask?
  • The female Prem. commentator who shouts every word in a monotone, even for a throw-in or the kick-off, terrible.
  • The other day when Ellen White scored for the women's team, it was stated in quite a few reports that she'd "overtaken Bobby Charlton and Harry Kane in the England scoring charts".

No she hasn't, she plays for the women's team, so just say she's the women's record scorer. 
    I scored 127 goals for England* so actually I hold the record.

*in my back garden in 1983 whist wearing an England kit - but just as valid a claim.
  • And you only played two games.
  • iaitch said:
    And you only played two games.
    And it was monkey rush.
  • edited April 2022
    The fact that certain names irritate the fuck out of me. I think I'm annoyed more at my own irritation than the names - these people have never done anything to offend me, and I'm sure are wholly admirable:
    Lando Norris
    Ato Boldon
    Simister Island (I realise this is a traffic thing not a person)
    There are several others, but these are my top three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Menus that put prices like this:

Etc

Stop trying to be edgy and just put £8.50, it's how prices have been written for 50 years and we all know it.
    I can't say that's ever actively annoyed me
  • The Sky F1 commentators calling Kevin Magnussen K Mag all the time. Their F1 coverage is superb but this sounds fucking ridiculous 
  • People who ask your opinion on something only to then effectively say "Oh no, I wouldn't do that, I'd do it my original way."

Fine, do it in your way the first place, but why ask?
    I suspect there might be a strong crossover here with people who, when you tell them something, respond with 'why didn't you tell me'?  I did tell you. I told you just now. That is how you know.
  • People’s lack of understanding the odds on the national lottery. Yes you can win £133m but tonight euros for 4 numbers and 2 lucky stars paid £852. The odds are 650,000/1.
  • People’s lack of understanding the odds on the national lottery. Yes you can win £133m but tonight euros for 4 numbers and 2 lucky stars paid £852. The odds are 650,000/1.
    I don’t care about the individual odds. 
    I just get a couple of goes at winning £133m for not a lot of money. 
  • As I said yeas you can win life changing money but the unfairness of 650,000/1 paying £850 is a Liberty.
  • 650,000/1 - And it’s £2.50 a go too. 

My argument/idea with the lottery is: 140 million jackpot, why not give 14 people 10 million each, or 28 people 5 million.
    1 or 2 winners sharing that is ridiculous.
  • 650,000/1 - And it’s £2.50 a go too. 

My argument/idea with the lottery is: 140 million jackpot, why not give 14 people 10 million each, or 28 people 5 million.
    1 or 2 winners sharing that is ridiculous.
    Because that's not what people want. Vast numbers of people play Euromillions because they want the chance to win fantastic amounts, not a mere handful of millions. The organisers don't select those prize levels by plucking numbers out of a lottery machine, it is careful market research that tells them how to set the winnings.
  • Well obviously.
    But that’s why it’s a “general thing that annoys me” 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!