Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Mark Pougatch. Used to like him long ago when he was on radio five but he went all Elton Welsby when he got on the telly
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    IdleHans said:
    A thing I do that annoys me and Mrs Idle, but I can't help it. Every time BBC London news starts with 'Good evening, I'm Assad Ahmed' my instant pavlovian response is 'Cheer up, Ahmed!'
    I've got a feeling he lives in Woolwich, so you'll need to cut him some slack.
    He went to John Roan School as did I. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asad_Ahmad
  • Options
    Dealing with the Probate Office;

6 and a half months down the road from beginning of application. Was told all be sorted in the next 7 to 10 days, 6 weeks ago, now not getting any reply to emails and phone calls time out after 1 hour of being on hold.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    A thing I do that annoys me and Mrs Idle, but I can't help it. Every time BBC London news starts with 'Good evening, I'm Assad Ahmed' my instant pavlovian response is 'Cheer up, Ahmed!'
    Whenever Gary Gibbon is introduced on Channel Four News, I can't help but shout "Come on funky", at which point Mrs Stig joins in with a quick round of "ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky Gibbon". On our BBC Regional News 'Look East' there's an amusingly named reporter called Debbie Tubby who is always greeted in our house by calls for "Tubby Custard". Childish, I know, but it somehow makes the news seem more bearable. 
    I think it's getting worse. BBC news just switched to the weather, presented by Nick Miller.
    I detest queen, but my immediate sung response was "We will not let you go!"
  • Options
    I've had an on going problem with BT.  They have even opened a complaint for me (although I didn't ask for it) and now they've closed it (although the problem still exists one month later).

It seems they are missing a trick though.  My D-I-L ordered tickets for the Polar Express, Tonbridge Wells, but they came through for Devon.  After she complained she received this message:

Hi,
    No you don't need to drive to Devon! The Tech Elf is currently hitting the server with a very big candy cane to tell it off.
    Kind Regards,

Sparkle McSnowflake

Head Ticket Elf

At this stage I've got nothing to lose.  Next time I call BT I may ask if their Tech has tried hitting the server with a candy cane.  It seems to get results.
  • Options
    Obscene amounts of food shown on the heaving tables of the food retailers Christmas adverts on tv.
  • Options
    More corporate 'BS'.

'Meeting cadence' and/or 'operating rhythm' !!

Don't you just mean how often and when?
  • Options
    People who stop walking on travelaters. 

No we don't have time to stop and stare.  Stare at what anyway?  It's not as though we're in a William Henry Davies poem.  

• Options
    More corporate 'BS'.

'Meeting cadence' and/or 'operating rhythm' !!

Don't you just mean how often and when?

'Proof of concept' - Does it work?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I've had an on going problem with BT.  They have even opened a complaint for me (although I didn't ask for it) and now they've closed it (although the problem still exists one month later).

It seems they are missing a trick though.  My D-I-L ordered tickets for the Polar Express, Tonbridge Wells, but they came through for Devon.  After she complained she received this message:

Hi,
    No you don't need to drive to Devon! The Tech Elf is currently hitting the server with a very big candy cane to tell it off.
    Kind Regards,

Sparkle McSnowflake

Head Ticket Elf

At this stage I've got nothing to lose.  Next time I call BT I may ask if their Tech has tried hitting the server with a candy cane.  It seems to get results.
    In a very formal voice say you want to speak to Sparkle McSnowflake in person and won't settle for anyone else.  Then when someone comes on the line tell them they're a c***.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    drawing Qatar in the company sweepstake. £1 I'll never see again
    Pretty sure I read someehere that they're thinking about banning opposition victories over their side in this world cup, so you could well be in with a shout mate
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    McBobbin said:
    Pretty sure I read someehere that they're thinking about banning opposition victories over their side in this world cup, so you could well be in with a shout mate
    Yes, it would upset the Royal Family so they’ve changed it…
  • Options
    Jury Service 4th time!!!  FFS!!
  • Options
    Jury Service 4th time!!!  FFS!!
    I'd love a second go. When I did it, we spent most of the time in a side office whilst the lawyers squabbled over technicalities. When we were allowed back in, it was to be instructed by the judge that we had to acquit.
  • Options
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top.How many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
  • Options
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top.How many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top. many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
    We used to use a straw at school !
  • Options
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top. many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
    I did but all we had to do was put a thumb through the lid and there you go.Now many food items must be impossible to use by someone who is not in the peak of physical fitness.Also while I  am on my soapbox,what about getting tablets out of those silver paper holders ,you could die attempting to get your medication.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did but all we had to do was put a thumb through the lid and there you go.Now many food items must be impossible to use by someone who is not in the peak of physical fitness.Also while I  am on my soapbox,what about getting tablets out of those silver paper holders ,you could die attempting to get your medication.
    this, this and more this

my tegretol are fine but I can't remember the last time i managed to get cocodamol out without snapping them (unless i pierce the film)
  • Options
    Tablets where you only have to take half of it a day. It took me about six weeks to work out the ideal pressure to put on the tablet cutter to stop half of the pill crumbling into dust...  
  • Options
    I must have more foil in me than tablets some mornings 
  • Options
    Tablets where you only have to take half of it a day. It took me about six weeks to work out the ideal pressure to put on the tablet cutter to stop half of the pill crumbling into dust...  
    Just snort the dust and have the other half later, what's the worst that can happen?

(OK, maybe not).
  • Options
    Sitting in spoons and hearing a group of young (well early 20s) people moan about the fact that when they received their meal they didn't get their drink which is included. Instead of walking a few yards to the bar where there is 3 members of staff to make their complaint known they spend an age to do it on the spoons app. Which they eventually give up on. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    How about arranging the sweepstake at work every tournament/grand national, changing the prizes so that the worst performance gets a wooden spoon cash prize but then drawing an average team/horse who has no chance of being really good or really bad, every. God. Damn. Time.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Christmas decorations and songs in November.  

I f*ckin love Christmas, and people doing it early should make no difference to me, but here I am, all generally annoyed.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    McBobbin said:
    How about arranging the sweepstake at work every tournament/grand national, changing the prizes so that the worst performance gets a wooden spoon cash prize but then drawing an average team/horse who has no chance of being really good or really bad, every. God. Damn. Time.
    I got sick of sweepstakes whether for horse races or football tournaments as half the participants have no real interest from the start. Much better to have a sort of predictions competition, at least for the football. I designed one for work a few tournaments ago that kept the interest of 80% of the participants alive until the final, and you could see where you stood as the thing went along. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Done ours as a goals scored competition.  Everyone gets four teams - one from each pot. The person with the highest scoring combination is the winner. Should hold people's attention a little longer than drawing a poor team and knowing you're out before a ball has been kicked.
  • Options
    The fact that Cherry Drops taste different to how they used to, not anywhere near as good now.

Why can't they leave nice things alone?