Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    How dare you!
  • Options
    Working in a office with 3 other blokes who all hate football.

Heard just about every one in the book this morning

"Football players are a bunch of pansies" ✊️💦

"I don't want to waste my time watching a bunch of over paid prima donnas kicking around a bag of air" ✊️💦

"Rolling about on the floor coz of a chipped nail" ✊️💦

"You should watch a proper sport, rugby" ✊️💦

• Options
    This one winds me up the most:

“Football players are a bunch of pansies" ✊️

They’re not pansies, the ones they’re referring too who are diving on the floor are pretending to be hurt to get others booked, amazing this needs explaining.  

Also, from someone who’s played his whole life I rarely come off without cuts and bruises, and now I’m in my mid 30s, all manner of injuries including torn hamstrings, permanent ligament damage, tendinitis in my ankle and several broken bones.  

Get in the bin and let us enjoy.
  • Options
    You should remind them about Bloodgate.
  • Options
    My oppo who is going on the most is a textbook bully and narcissistic, and is gonna get a smack in the mouth if he don't shut up. 

• Options
    Micah Richards, does he ever stop laughing, he's not funny.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Have to wonder what he does with his left hand with biceps that big.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Weights probably. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    iaitch said:

Weights probably. 

Oh yeh, never thought of that :o:wink:
  • Options
    Betting firms offering a super boost even though you can get a better price with another firm.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    My oppo who is going on the most is a textbook bully and narcissistic, and is gonna get a smack in the mouth if he don't shut up. 

Don't hold back on account of us. I reckon toss some scrunched paper in the air shout "headsies" and administer a shearer elbow
  • Options
    Loosing a button off of your shirt and then realising the cotton thread has all but perished on the other buttons. 

Huge sewing session ensues ... Huh, what's it coming too? And to think some of my shirts are not even ten years old.  :|
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Alison Hammond. What's her 'talent'? She just seems to crop up on vacuous filler shows laughing too loudly at things that AREN'T FUCKING FUNNY.
  • Options
    TK Maxx advert
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Alison Hammond. What's her 'talent'? She just seems to crop up on vacuous filler shows laughing too loudly at things that AREN'T FUCKING FUNNY.
    Sounds like you've just described Micah Richards.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Sounds like you've just described Micah Richards.
    Well, you never see them together, do you?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    TK Maxx advert
    Great tune though 👍🏼
  • Options
    Not being able to go into a cafe or restaurant, shopping Mall, without having to endure pounding Muzak!

it’s very unlikely that whoever decides on the playlists, that they’ll appeal to many, other than 6 year olds!

Perhaps if it’s 10pm and one’s seated in what the owner of said establishment’s believes to be a ‘Groove’ it might have some validity!

However if I’m having an Americano at 9:30am ‘Groove’ or no ‘Groove’ I really don’t need pounding Muzak!

Are we fearful of silence and therefore need to believe, we’re at where it’s at, at all times?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not being able to go into a cafe or restaurant, shopping Mall, without having to endure pounding Muzak!

it’s very unlikely that whoever decides on the playlists, that they’ll appeal to many, other than 6 year olds!

Perhaps if it’s 10pm and one’s seated in what the owner of said establishment’s believes to be a ‘Groove’ it might have some validity!

However if I’m having an Americano at 9:30am ‘Groove’ or no ‘Groove’ I really don’t need pounding Muzak!

Are we fearful of silence and therefore need to believe, we’re at where it’s at, at all times?
    just to save anyone else a google

"Muzak is an American brand of background music played in retail stores and other public establishments."
  • Options
    edited November 2022

"Muzak is an American brand of background music played in retail stores and other public establishments."
    I think most would know that Dave, the term has been around long enough to have crossed the Atlantic by now.
  • Options
    Related to that, and a particular "problem" in bars in seaside resorts where 95% of the clientele are over 45, but the staff insist on putting on some MTV type channel that is aimed at 12 year old girls.    
  • Options

I think most would know that Dave, the term has been around long enough to have crossed the Atlantic.
    He will lose his s**t when he finds out about that new fangled "jazz" music
  • Options
    I have honestly never heard of it.
  • Options
    Kevin bloody Bacon
  • Options
    Related to that, and a particular "problem" in bars in seaside resorts where 95% of the clientele are over 45, but the staff insist on putting on some MTV type channel that is aimed at 12 year old girls.    
    I think I realised today, that said Muzak is more for staff to be in the ‘Groove’ rather than clientele @Algarveaddick
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    TK Maxx advert
    Great tune though 👍🏼
    Yeah that is catchy.

• Options
    Realising almost all my cultural references are a good 20 years out of date. I expected a 30 year old to "get" a Bangles lyric today.

(Ok just looked it up, nearly 40 years out of date. Pretty sure I'm due for the knackers yard now)