Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Not being able to go into a cafe or restaurant, shopping Mall, without having to endure pounding Muzak!

it’s very unlikely that whoever decides on the playlists, that they’ll appeal to many, other than 6 year olds!

Perhaps if it’s 10pm and one’s seated in what the owner of said establishment’s believes to be a ‘Groove’ it might have some validity!

However if I’m having an Americano at 9:30am ‘Groove’ or no ‘Groove’ I really don’t need pounding Muzak!

Are we fearful of silence and therefore need to believe, we’re at where it’s at, at all times?
    Set to get even worse with the constant sound of sleigh bells and Ronnie bloody Ronette and the Ronettes hammering out the Phil Spectre wall of sound - without the wall of sound - just the high frequencies.  Jingle Bells rock, my arse.
  • Options
    Not being able to go into a cafe or restaurant, shopping Mall, without having to endure pounding Muzak!

it’s very unlikely that whoever decides on the playlists, that they’ll appeal to many, other than 6 year olds!

Perhaps if it’s 10pm and one’s seated in what the owner of said establishment’s believes to be a ‘Groove’ it might have some validity!

However if I’m having an Americano at 9:30am ‘Groove’ or no ‘Groove’ I really don’t need pounding Muzak!

Are we fearful of silence and therefore need to believe, we’re at where it’s at, at all times?
    Set to get even worse with the constant sound of sleigh bells and Ronnie bloody Ronette and the Ronettes hammering out the Phil Spectre wall of sound - without the wall of sound - just the high frequencies.  Jingle Bells rock, my arse.
    Totally Agree.

It's very presumptuous of those that drag out the shite repetition every year of Christmas bollox, that everyone wants it!

Shove it up yer arse as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yes and one more time, 'So, here it is Merry Fucking Christmas everybody's having fun' you having a larf, are we F...
  • Options

I went to my local Co Op last night not long before the England game. They were playing some some awful contrived football 'tunes' that seemed to mainly feature the blokey chanting of 'Come On England'. Presumably in the hope of selling a few more tins of Carlsberg or whatever else passes for English beer these days.

When I got to the till, I said to the bloke serving, "blimey mate, have you had to listen to that rubbish all day"? "Thank's" he responded, "I've been trying to ignore it since I got here, but now it's right back in my head". Lesson learned; if you can't stop the music (and nobody can stop the music) it's probably best not to mention the music.   
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Alison Hammond. What's her 'talent'? She just seems to crop up on vacuous filler shows laughing too loudly at things that AREN'T FUCKING FUNNY.
    In the same vein - fucking Rylan. Talentless arse.
  • Options

In the same vein - fucking Rylan. Talentless arse
    His arse is probably very talented. Or at least, well practiced...
  • Options
    Danny Murphy (for so many reasons but he’s even managing to spoil Poland v Argentina 😠
  • Options
    There's always a red button function but the green one isnt used for anything. I'm proposing to the BBC that it cuts out just the co-commentator.
  • Options

In the same vein - fucking Rylan. Talentless arse
    His arse is probably very talented. Or at least, well practiced...

Probably because he speaks through it most of the time.
  • Options
    I have honestly never heard of it.
    Nor have I
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Danny Murphy (for so many reasons but he’s even managing to spoil Poland v Argentina 😠
    Oh yes, he was driving me nuts. Worst bit was when he described Messi as poetry in motion,  as he slipped and mis kicked
    That don't rhyme 
  • Options
    Butternut Squash.

Seems to be in everything these days, even my vegan sausage roll. FFS 
  • Options
    What a shame, bet that ruined the ‘sausage’ roll.
  • Options
    Butternut squash would ruin a sausage roll in the same way an onion would ruin a victoria sponge
  • Options
    The font on Brazil’s kit. 
  • Options
    My good lady shutting a car door, she either slams it with such force it rattles all the windows and makes my ears pop such is the change in cabin pressure or takes four attempts to shut the fecking thing. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    My good lady shutting a car door, she either slams it with such force it rattles all the windows and makes my ears pop such is the change in cabin pressure or takes four attempts to shut the fecking thing. 🤷‍♂️

I share your pain, Ray.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Butternut squash would ruin a sausage roll in the same way an onion would ruin a victoria sponge
    I just bought a Victoria Sponge.
    Yep, you've guessed it, has both, onion and butternut squash in it:(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    I just bought a Victoria Sponge.
    Yep, you've guessed it, has both, onion and butternut squash in it:(
    what?? where are you getting your fucking food from?!
  • Options
    The "he scores when he wants" bollocks reaching commentators.  Dion Dublin saying it about Mbappe was the one that's set me off.

Newsflash: They all always wants to f***ing score, every minute of the game.

More accurately would be "he scores when they give him too much time and space."
  • Options
    Drums at football matches. I've had enough of them.
  • Options
    Just watching the school caretakers setting up the football pitch for a 7 aside tournament with a couple of visiting schools, as I passed them to exercise my dog they were cable tying the fecking great holes together in some sort of bodged repair, saying there's never any budget left for new ones they've been asking for two years. 
    Myself and Lynne looked on ebay and bought them two sets for 25 quid FFS, when a school cant afford 25 quid we really are up s*it creek!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Just watching the school caretakers setting up the football pitch for a 7 aside tournament with a couple of visiting schools, as I passed them to exercise my dog they were cable tying the fecking great holes together in some sort of bodged repair, saying there's never any budget left for new ones they've been asking for two years. 
    Myself and Lynne looked on ebay and bought them two sets for 25 quid FFS, when a school cant afford 25 quid we really are up s*it creek!
    It really is shocking how little money schools have. My wife’s a head at an infant school and they have to budget and fight for every penny. The massive increases in heating costs are a big problem.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    It really is shocking how little money schools have. My wife’s a head at an infant school and they have to budget and fight for every penny. The massive increases in heating costs are a big problem.
    When they said there was no budget, I assumed we were talking £100s not just a few quid as you say, shocking.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    When they said there was no budget, I assumed we were talking £100s not just a few quid as you say, shocking.
    They had a visit from an Amazon community rep from Belvedere the other day and she basically asked my wife what the school needed. What they gave was just a drop in the ocean considering what they make but she was a bit choked at how generous they were, especially given how much the kids will benefit from what they donated.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    They had a visit from an Amazon community rep from Belvedere the other day and she basically asked my wife what the school needed. What they gave was just a drop in the ocean considering what they make but she was a bit choked at how generous they were, especially given how much the kids will benefit from what they donated.
    Any contacts might come in handy R. 👍
  • Options
    In the light of the last few posts, Daily Mail headlines defending the “charitable “ status of rich private schools.
  • Options
    Penalty shootouts where the camera is behind the penalty taker.