Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Addicks to Victory 
  • Options
    M25 users coming off the M25 and blocking the A25 when there's a problem on the M25. 

Usual 50 minute journey took me 1h 40 today!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    The offside rule. It causes so much agg just get rid of it.
    Simplify it, you have to be clear of the last defender to be off. 
  • Options
    People starting posts with interesting titles only to disappoint:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/95402/edging#latest
  • Options
    People starting posts with interesting titles only to disappoint:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/95402/edging#latest
    People stealing your hard earned lol's when you start a thread based on an early morning (and very weird) post from someone else that got removed!

😂
  • Options
    Coach stopping for an hour at the services. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise our fans were so religious.
  • Options
    Contrived nicknames used in sports marketing. I've just watched The Ace In The Pack beat The Hawk, as no-one ever said. What a load of old rubbish. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    The ramen conspiracy - the conspiracy being that it actually tastes nice and isn't just an egg floating in broth.
  • Options
    Bernie Ecclestones teeth in the advert for his upcoming tv series 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    Lifelong voters 

‘I vote Labour/Conservative, like my Dad before me and his Dad before him’

Democracy is wasted on these people. 
    Yeah but remember, if you put a funny enough meme up on social media, you can easily sway someone’s political opinion.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Michael MacIntyre's Shit Show
    It was really good last night. 
  • Options
    Channel 4 have a real shit show on Wednesday, 'Know your s**t: Inside Our Guts'.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Channel 4 have a real shit show on Wednesday, 'Know your s**t: Inside Our Guts'.
    Niche.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    We were watching it every week last year😫
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    He may well be really funny, but I will never know because I can’t watch him for long enough to listen to anything he says.
    I simply can’t bear him and his fucking awful stage persona. Makes my shit itch.
    He isn't. Lowest common denominator comedy for the undiscerning masses.
    (I appreciate comedy is very subjective, and my opinion is just an opinion. Also that when it comes to comedy I am an insufferable snob.)
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    He may well be really funny, but I will never know because I can’t watch him for long enough to listen to anything he says.
    I simply can’t bear him and his fucking awful stage persona. Makes my shit itch.
    (I appreciate comedy is very subjective, and my opinion is just an opinion. Also that when it comes to comedy I am an insufferable snob.)
    The opposite end of the spectrum is probably Stewart Lee. I'd rather stick rusty nails in my **** than watch that insufferable twat.
    Unsurprisingly, he's my favourite by a distance. But I completely get what you're saying.
    I think MacIntyre is very good at what he does, it just leaves me cold.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    I can’t even watch a chat show if he’s on it. If I see he’s on any programme I’m watching, my reflex reaction is “Oh ffs not this c**t”.
    I watch Big Fat Quiz Of The Year every year, but switched off the one he was on after no more than five minutes.
    There’s just something about him that I find intolerable. He’s creepy and smug and just strikes me as a bit of a wanker.

It’s my problem and my prejudice, and I’ll own that. But at the end of the day, I’d rather nail my cock to the table than listen to him.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    I can’t even watch a chat show if he’s on it. If I see he’s on any programme I’m watching, my reflex reaction is “Oh ffs not this c**t”.
    I watch Big Fat Quiz Of The Year every year, but switched off the one he was on after no more than five minutes.
    There’s just something about him that I find intolerable. He’s creepy and smug and just strikes me as a bit of a wanker.

It’s my problem and my prejudice, and I’ll own that. But at the end of the day, I’d rather nail my cock to the table than listen to him.
    I don't disagree with you, though in his act at least these aspects are deliberately exaggerated. 

If comedians were beer MacIntyre would be Carling. Lee would be some sort of sour craft ale that you'd drink to reinforce a beery sense of superiority over those that don't 'get it', even though in reality it may simply just not be very nice at all.
  • Options
    TBF - That last paragraph is funnier than anything Stewart Lee has ever has ever said. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:

I don't disagree with you, though in his act at least these aspects are deliberately exaggerated. 

If comedians were beer MacIntyre would be Carling. Lee would be some sort of sour craft ale that you'd drink to reinforce a beery sense of superiority over those that don't 'get it', even though in reality it may simply just not be very nice at all.
    I think Stewart Lee may be a regular contributor to the "Beer" thread.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    The opposite end of the spectrum is probably Stewart Lee. I'd rather stick rusty nails in my **** than watch that insufferable twat.
    I see your Stewart Lee, I raise you Nish Kumar - I’ve had funnier bouts of Norovirus than that dickhead
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Flat pack furniture.

Building a cabin bed and this piece

Is a mm or two too wide for the place that it's supposed to slot in past.

So now on about p40 of 64 page instructions, I've got two halves of a cabin bed that won't fit together, and I need to either file that part down, take it off and find something else to support the desk part, or take it all apart again.