Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    The fact that Cherry Drops taste different to how they used to, not anywhere near as good now.

Why can't they leave nice things alone?
    They take the sugar out and replace it with sweet-tasting carcinogens because all the kids these days are morbidly obese. Or something. 
  • Options
    What about sherbet lemons I used to love as a kid. Crunching them and tasting the sherbet, tried a pack and now, no sherbet 
  • Options
    Christmas decorations and songs in November.  

I f*ckin love Christmas, and people doing it early should make no difference to me, but here I am, all generally annoyed.
    People think I am a right scrooge because it annoys me too. But like you, I actually love Christmas - starting it eight weeks in advance stops it from being "special" to me. Two weeks before is plenty. 
  • Options

I f*ckin love Christmas, and people doing it early should make no difference to me, but here I am, all generally annoyed.
    People think I am a right scrooge because it annoys me too. But like you, I actually love Christmas - starting it eight weeks in advance stops it from being "special" to me. Two weeks before is plenty. 
    I’m good from December, first weekend of it.  Like you say, it’s gotta be kept special.  
  • Options
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top.How many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
    I bought a 2 litre bottle of milk at Morrisons Chatham today,I could not open it,the top was totally immovable,I used  a screw driver to make e hole in the top. many of us constantly get tins and other containers which require Herculean strength to access the contents.
    We used to use a straw at school !
    I did but all we had to do was put a thumb through the lid and there you go.Now many food items must be impossible to use by someone who is not in the peak of physical fitness.Also while I  am on my soapbox,what about getting tablets out of those silver paper holders ,you could die attempting to get your medication.
    this, this and more this

my tegretol are fine but I can't remember the last time i managed to get cocodamol out without snapping them (unless i pierce the film)
    I agree on cocodomol.my kitchen floor must be full of these where i have chucked them in temper,when I cant get them out.
  • Options

Come on guys. It's not Christmas until Noddy Holder says so!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Sending out the pre-order menu for a Christmas lunch that I'm organising with the in-laws (all 10 of em) and getting stupid fuckin questions back like -

"Can you ask if we can order the chicken and fish n chips off the weekday menu please?"

Just choose one of the 8 starters, 8 mains off the Christmas menu and whether you want an afters or not ffs
    Just generally people who don't appear to understand how a set menu works... "Can I have X instead of Y?". Buffoons. 
  • Options
    Is there a vegan option?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Tell a lie, there's 6 options, although got a feeling I've cut some off this screen print

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Sending out the pre-order menu for a Christmas lunch that I'm organising with the in-laws (all 10 of em) and getting stupid fuckin questions back like -

"Can you ask if we can order the chicken and fish n chips off the weekday menu please?"

Just choose one of the 8 starters, 8 mains off the Christmas menu and whether you want an afters or not ffs
    I get a bit annoyed at restaurants with the advance ordering tbf.  It all depends on what side I woke up on, today I might fancy soup of the day, tomorrow prawn cocktail, f*ck knows what in 3 weeks time!
    I can eat anything off any menu at any given time. Suppose I'm lucky in that sense
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Gribbo said:

I get a bit annoyed at restaurants with the advance ordering tbf.  It all depends on what side I woke up on, today I might fancy soup of the day, tomorrow prawn cocktail, f*ck knows what in 3 weeks time!
    If you were staying at home for Christmas dinner wouldn't you have to decide what you were having in advance anyway, mate (shorter timescale, but the principal is the same)?

• Options
    Gribbo said:

If you were staying at home for Christmas dinner you wouldn't you have to decide what you were having in advance anyway, mate (shorter timescale, but the pricipal is the same)?

The principle is the same to a point yes.

However a restaurant has considerably more storage space than the average domestic home and can thus offer more options. As a customer paying out your hard earned surely you want to buy what you fancy at the time if there are more attractive options available.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

I’m going to the Bickley Arms Christmas Day for lunch. They offered the option online to preorder. I agree with you about not knowing what you want in advance and normally I wouldn’t bother to. But being a vegetarian it’s probably wise for me to Christmas time especially. It would be bloody miserable if they had to substitute my choice with double sprouts. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Gribbo said:

If you were staying at home for Christmas dinner you wouldn't you have to decide what you were having in advance anyway, mate (shorter timescale, but the pricipal is the same)?

The principle is the same to a point yes.

However a restaurant has considerably more storage space than the average domestic home and can thus offer more options. As a customer paying out your hard earned surely you want to buy what you fancy at the time if there are more attractive options available.
    Not in the spirit of the thread I know but I think the answer is that restaurants tend to have set sittings on Christmas day, so their staff can have at least a little bit of time with their family. This means that they have to serve maybe 80 meals at more or less the same time. They may have space (or they may not) but they don't have enough chefs or stoves to prepare 80 different meals to be served at the same time. Naturally they pay their staff more to work on Christmas day, so knowing in advance how much to bulk buy saves any wastage and cooking a job lot helps keep the costs down for the punter as well. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Gribbo said:

If you were staying at home for Christmas dinner wouldn't you have to decide what you were having in advance anyway, mate (shorter timescale, but the principal is the same)?

I was more referring to eating out in general, at work we have a lot of pre booked lunches for example.  

I get it principle, it’s more in the spirit of the thread that I’m moaning, similar to Gribbo, I’ll eat anything at anytime, I’m a 20 stone geeza inside a 13 stone body that sometimes fancies Fillet steak but other times fancies lasagne, I’d rather choose on the day!
  • Options
    Castore sending me repeated emails advertising their latest offers in casual wear, none of it in any way being Charlton related, an f’ing liberty as far as I’m concerned.
    I contacted them via their contact link and told them what I thought of them and to get out of our club ASAP.😤
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

I can eat anything off any menu at any given time. Suppose I'm lucky in that sense
    Have you ever heard of plates?
    I try not to think about sex while I'm eating tbh
  • Options
    More corporate 'BS'.

'Meeting cadence' and/or 'operating rhythm' !!

Don't you just mean how often and when?

'Proof of concept' - Does it work?
    Forward planning…as opposed to backward…
  • Options
    Pronouncing Uruguy, Ooruguy
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Choosing a snack that's so crunchy I can't hear the commentary. 
    Though now I've finished it and CAN hear them, I wish I had another bag
    (Tyrrells lentil crisps, sweet chilli, very nice)
  • Options
    Lentil crisps ! What’s happened to the world. 😉
  • Options
    They were on offer
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Choosing a snack that's so crunchy I can't hear the commentary. 
    Though now I've finished it and CAN hear them, I wish I had another bag
    (Tyrrells lentil crisps, sweet chilli, very nice)
    Love Lentil soup.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    They were on offer
    Morrisons?