Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Olympics - bothered?

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic bit of cycling, the Kiwi never stood a chance at the business end of the race.
  • Options
    boom gold and silver... hoy wins,different class1
  • Options
    Why is it that whenever the Scots win anything they always seem to want to make sure they have a Scottish flag somewhere - like on the banner Hoy's family were waving - rather than just wave the Union flag like everyone else?

That swimming bird should have had the St George's cross tatooed on her hooter - assuming that the tattoo parlour had enough ink of course!
  • Options
    Talking of boom...Bolt has won his semi-final of the 100m in 9.85, he even has time to slow up at the end and look alongside him...

Tyrone Edgar back in 7th running 10.18.
  • Options
    Bolt looks a bit like Amdy Faye - or is it the other way round?
  • Options
    Looking forward to the pairs-synchronised-watching-paint-dry which will be on tomorrow at 4am
  • Options
    I'll be very surprised if we dont see a new olympic & world record in the 100m. Bolt is something else.
  • Options
    He's electric!
  • Options
    Five medals for Great Britain in the velodrome today...

The 100m Final is 3.30 UK time I think, but check!
  • Options
    easy money yesterday on betfair,laying tyson gay and backing the field.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6th in the table now GB, 7 golds, 3 silvers and 7 bronzes
  • Options
    Off_It - there's no problem being proud of being Scottish and British! It was also frequently pointed out that the girl who won the first gold - Nicole Cook - was Welsh.

Fantastic cycling and rowing. Thanks for the explanation of that weird race, BFR. Shame the athletics will be a disappointment!
  • Options
    6th in the table now GB, 7 golds, 3 silvers and 7 bronzes

We are guaranteed a gold and silver in the women's 3k cycling and will pick up more medals in the velodrome - if Wiggins and Hoy can keep up their form we'll probably have another couple of golds.
  • Options
    I'm just surprised they never went the whole hog and painted all of that blue s**t on their faces too Weegie. Do you slap all of that stuff on for a night out?
  • Options
    I'm just surprised they never went the whole hog and painted all of that blue s**t on their faces too Weegie. Do you slap all of that stuff on for a night out?

Even scarier, the Picts used to go into battle stark naked except for a covering of woad.
  • Options
    We've won another gold in the rowing and in something called Yngling.
  • Options
    And Ben Ainslie has won a gold in the Finn class...
  • Options
    Bradley Wiggins, Geraint Jones, Paul Manning and Ed Clancy won gold in the men's cycling pursuit knocking three seconds off the WR and almost catching the Danes on the line, awesome...
  • Options
    that was a joke - 6.7 second win advantage they were absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    Fantastic attitude the British cyclists have - all about 1% incremental margin improvements. Seems to be working briliantly - maybe Pards and our coaching team could learn a thing or two from them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you'll find that most of our team are already pretty adept at putting in lots of effort, going round in circles and ultimately not going anywhere Weegie.
  • Options
    You might be right, there. Off_It. Perhaps all they need are those natty aero-dynamic hats?
  • Options
    I think most footballers - CAFC, England or whoever could learn from the application, dedication and commitment of many of our rowers, cyclists, sailors etc.
  • Options
    on the cycling the Junior track nationals started today at Newport. There are under-16 girls getting close to the qualifying times in the Olympic sprint and under 18 blokes who would have made it into the first round. The under-16s 10km scratch final was ridden in 12.25. under 12s pursuit, 1500m in 2:12, that's 40 kph. I think they've unleashed a monster or something.
  • Options
    I think the olynpics cycling has been great, and it's a pity it's being dropped for 2012 in favour of those more traditional British sports - hurling abuse at cyclists from a white van, and breaking bottles on cycle paths.
  • Options
    more cycling success this morning.

Hoy and Kenny race for Gold and Silver around 11.30, while Pembleton also racing for gold.

With Wiggins in the Madison, could well be another dominent morning in the cycling.
  • Options
    Chris Hoy & Jason Kenny through to the final of the men's pursuit - they smoked their opponents, the final is going to be a great race.
  • Options
    everything bar two races on the track we've medalled in so far, hopefully win the lot in Stratford in 4 years time if the juniors are anything to go by
  • Options
    Victoria Pendleton goes in the women's sprint final at 1125 Uk time, Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny go head-to-head in the men's sprint final at 1135 UK time and before that we have the Madison race - Bradley Wiggins & Mark Cavendish are in that.
  • Options
    Chinese girl just fell off...