Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Olympics - bothered?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, but if Phelps wasn't in the relays they would probably just have wheeled some other yank in and won it with him instead.
  • Options
    Anyone see our two girls in the 10km open water swim this morning?

Imagine swimming 10km for a shade under 2 hours, being in first and second place virtually all of the way and then having some Ruski go past you to win with 100 metres to go - gutting!

Still, I'm sure they would've taken 2nd and 3rd before they got on the plane out there - so well done to them!
  • Options
    Think the old Ruski chick pulled our girls legs back as well. That can't be allowed can it?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Our girls should've backed out a couple of "mines" for her to swim into - if you get me?!
  • Options
    Men's 200 metres final at 3.20 UK time, can Bolt set another WR?
  • Options
    some good boxing this afternoon. england ireland semi in the middleweight. I think - was watching in the gym.
  • Options
    And in the light-Heavy division....
  • Options
    Another WR for Bolt...awesome running.
  • Options
    New 200m WR that was some performance from Bolt
  • Options
    DANVERs bronze! go girl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how can yachting be so fecking exciting well done boys that was blinding a real tight race and the celebrations in the boat blinding, Rule brittania Brittania rules the waves,

an island nation indeed cant wait for weymouth 2012 will be going down there for that without a doubt
  • Options
    That was some race - and our 17th Gold and 39th medal in total. There are three guaranteed medals to come in the boxing and a few other good possibilities - Phillips Idowu goes in the triple jump later.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You'll be heading for Weymouth nla.....together with a few hundred thousand others I would guess !!
    Perfidious Albion!!!!
  • Options
    have tent will travel cheap and easy
  • Options
    We also got a good chance of gold in the women's BMX.

It feels a bit strange being a decent sporting country!
  • Options
    eh??? from the BBC:

1025: Bombshell news from the show jumping... A number of horses have tested positive for banned substances - don't know which ones or what substance. Four have been disqualified from tonight's finale - and they will also be dq'd from the team event a few days ago. GB finished 7th in the team event - so we don't think it would affect them - but we believe it could affect the medals. Think something should develop in next 10 mins with a press conference at 1100 BST.
  • Options
    are they class hay substances?
  • Options
    We're out of the 4x100m due to Craig Pickering crossing the line.
  • Options
    A shame that with the Yanks out of the 100m relay there was a good chance of a silver.
  • Options
    What a mess up that was. Bet the poor lad is distraught but he went off way way too early. So disappointing.

and the yank women are out of the s 4 x 100 for the same thing as their men. woe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And who gave the Yanks teflon batons?
  • Options
    Phillips Idowu in the lead of the hop, skip & jump after three rounds...
  • Options

No, they were a-neigh-bolic steroids...
  • Options
    Idowu has jumped into the lead.
  • Options
    Nelson Evora takes the lead from Phillips Idowu with 17.67m...
  • Options

No, they were a-neigh-bolic steroids...

I thought they were mind haltering substances..
  • Options
    Silver for Philips.
  • Options
    A shame - he held the lead twice and only lost by 5 cm.
  • Options
    The only guy who totally bigged up his chances, saying he would beat Edwards world record etc etc and fluffed it.

Silver is still good but his arrogance drove me mad.
  • Options
    Agree about his arrogance but still a shame he fluffed it in that he is a massive talent and well capable of emulating edwards.