Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Olympics - bothered?

Comments

• Options
    But allowed to carry on???????????
  • Options
    Guo Shuang has been disqualified, so Victoria Pendleon races Anna Meares...

Handy that Guo Shuang looked a bit useful.
  • Options
    Whats the Madison all about?...
  • Options
    Whats the Madison all about?...

It's a 50km race/200 laps, one member of each team races, while the other pedals around at the top of the track taking a breather before taking over from his team mate, he then races for a certain number of laps before handing over. Every twenty laps there is a sprint and points are awarded, but you can also lap the field - any team that does that automatically takes the lead.
  • Options
    the olympics, latin for BORING.
  • Options
    Actually the word is Greek in its origins...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You really are a pilchard.....

And thank you , BlackForest..
  • Options
    Madison didn't quite go to plan - Wiggins too knackered so poor old Mark Cavendish is only member of GB cycling team without a medal.

Now only the Scotsman can win three golds ;-)

Interesting stuff re the juniors, Rothko.
  • Options
    And Victoria Pendleton wins Gold...
  • Options
    Followed by Chris Hoy winning gold and Jason Kenny takes silver. Chris Hoy is in a different class to everyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoy may be different class, but he's still a big softie in floods of tears...aawww

And that'll teach 'em to take away his event!
  • Options
    We have a girl at work whose nickname is Gateaux......as she has a black forest.........alledgedly.
  • Options
    and we're probably on for another gold and maybe a silver in the BMX, and a outside chance on the moutain biking.

If we were allowed a bigger cycling team, we probably would have Rob Hayles to go with Mark Cavendish in the Madison, and enough for another mens pursuit team to wrap up silver.
  • Options
    chris hoy is a beast.

as for kenny he will be the Hoy of the 2012 olympics what a talent that lad is.

i'd lOVE to get those pendleton thighs round my neck i tell thee LOL
  • Options
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_01/penglamMOS0504_468x731.jpg
  • Options
    CommentAuthorWeegie Addick CommentTime1 hour ago permalink
    Now only the Scotsman can win three golds ;-)

There they go again!

;o)
  • Options
    Said specially for your benefit, Off_It :-)

(I'm 51% English, by the way...)
  • Options
    51%?

Couldn't you be a little more precise?
  • Options
    It's the 1% that means I support england when they play Scotland!

Back on topic, we (Britain - or virtually Jamaica) have just won silver in the men's high jump.
  • Options
    Germaine Mason has won a silver in the high-jump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever they do in the cycling (funding, training etc), i hope that other sports chiefs are sitting up and taking notice as the cycling team clearly know what they're doing and getting results.
  • Options
    It's worth Googling it and reading an article or two on it, Chris - all about focussing on incremental 1% and self-belief. The guy who was performance director for cycling now has that role for UK Sport, so here's hoping....
  • Options
    It's also having the whole set up at the Velodrome in Manchester, and having another high performance centre in Newport. When you add the new Velodromes which are going to built for London 2012 and the Commonwealths in Glasgow, we're going to have a serious cycling set up.

It's how other sports follow the Cycling set up, say the swimmers all basing themselves out of Sheffield, Athletics in Manchester etc etc
  • Options
    don't forget Herne Hill LOL
  • Options
    Christine Ohuruogu wins gold, great run - she was back in third/fourth entering the final strait and won it easily.
  • Options
    GOLD in the ladies 400m...
  • Options
    The American Wonderwoman went off too quick.....lol
  • Options
    Will she turn up for the dope test afterwards though??
  • Options
    how good was that race she came from what seened miles back
  • Options
    Pleased for her...as long as she is clean. She has probably been tested more than anyone now, though.