Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Danny Green is now following Wordsworth on twitter, the plot thickens....

Swap deal in place? : - )

• This seems to be a snowball twitter rumour with lots of people, including apparent ColU journos who are referring back to SSN as the source yet SSN don't seem to be carrying it?!

Wordsworth has also now locked his twitter profile
  • sammy391 said:

Danny Green is now following Wordsworth on twitter, the plot thickens....

What's that mean for us oldies please ?
  • Beckboy said:

sammy391 said:

It means that any tweets he makes are private and you can only see them if you are following him
  • BBC Radio Essex now reporting Col U have accepted a bid from us.
    Can't all be getting their information from twitter.
    Reckon this has legs.
  • edited January 2013
    He got some grief last week for following cafc official twitter feed. Promptly unfollowed and has been quiet since then.

I seem to recall Beunello saying it was practically a done deal so maybe there was a last minute hitch that's now sorted?!?

Hope so - wordsworth has a great brain and is very attacking - could be awesome in behind a big target man.....
  • Swisdom said:

Hope so - wordsworth has a great brain and is very attacking - could be awesome in behind a big target man.....

Pretty good at poetry too, I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• i will hand my season ticket back if we sign marlon king,Chris Powell has more class than to sign such a lowlife surely.
  • shame all his high street stores have closed
  • TravHouse said:

Beckboy said:

sammy391 said:

It means that any tweets he makes are private and you can only see them if you are following him
    Thanks
  • Last time a creative League 1 midfielder signed for us he was hyped up as a classy Championship player but turned to be Danny Green.

I take it he's comfortable on the ball rather than pacey or energetic - don't see any room in our team for another midfielder of that style.
  • Another player I believe was on my list to CP, nice to know he's taking a second look at it ;)
  • Scoham said:

Last time a creative League 1 midfielder signed for us he was hyped up as a classy Championship player but turned to be Danny Green.

I take it he's comfortable on the ball rather than pacey or energetic - don't see any room in our team for another midfielder of that style.

I do. Left wing and if Stevens is injured/goes.

• Good good player but would hope that it doesnt mean someone is leaving
  • Would say he's similar to Jackson but with a bit more pace.
  • We will see, sounds promising and scored a great goal against us.

Just wary of getting excited about players that are reallt hyped up before they've even signed for us. Some of our best players were "underwhelming", "too short" or "League 1 at best.

I do trust Powell will spend any money he has wisely.
  • Would say he's similar to Jackson but with a bit more pace.

But are his tweets as funny CEJ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be an excellent addition. Think he plays better in the centre than out wide but that might be where he plays for the rest of this season, at least.
  • Scoham said:

I do trust Powell will spend any money he has wisely.

Totally agree. Isn't it great to have complete faith in a manager.
  • Hardworking winger? Check
    Pacy youth product winger? Check
    Lower league journeyman midfield terrier? Check
    Classy former Colchester midfielder? Missing

On that basis AW is the missing link between the 97/98 midfield and the current one. Would be a horrible tag to burden him with and no idea if it would even be appropriate, but what a difference 'The Next Kins' could make to the team!

On that basis AW is the missing link between the 97/98 midfield and the current one. Would be a horrible tag to burden him with and no idea if it would even be appropriate, but what a difference 'The Next Kins' could make to the team!

Parallels with the way the signing (if it happens) has come about.
    I seem to remember we were after Kins for a while then the transfer looked in doubt only for us to eventually get him.

What was the fee for Kins - £125k? What a steal!

Jackson played for col u
  • Who drops out of the team to let him play

What does it do to the balance and to the team spirit

• Who drops out of the team to let him play

What does it do to the balance and to the team spirit

Perhaps Stephens is on his way out then?
  • Waggy would be the one to make way is my guess. Is wordsworth is a left mid that can play centre mid
  • Wagstaff?
  • That's the question all for competition for places but would be mindfull of any disruption it could cause

Not as if we are certs for promotion so damage might be small and work well next season

Just think these guys are a great team
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!