Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2010

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]I signed Christian Vieri, Andy Van der Meyde, Ebi Smolarek, Djamel Belmadi and Mark Viduka. Safe to say it solved the Charlton problem of lack of firepower up front quite well :)

I think I know whos going to win league 1 this season :D[/quote]
    Scary is actually off to Brazil in real life. I wonder if some chairman's been playing FM and gotten the idea?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    Has anyone ever made a successful ultimatum? I've always been sacked when I make one.

Did it once when I wanted the ground expanding, but I had just won the treble in the previous season. Unless you are to your club what Ferguson is to Man Utd, you nearly always get sacked after an ultimatum in my experience.
  • Options
    yeah i think my ultimatum has worked before after couple of seasons and if your doing well, im guessing mine was too soon. anyway still shud have that charlton one i could pick up but just thought fancied managing side i know nothing about add bit more to it
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Did you lose to Arsenal twice?[/quote]

Just the once to them in the league at the Emirates but beat them in the Carling Cup in their own back yard and won the return league game at WHL. They currently sit 8th in the league ;-)
  • Options
    is it still super slow?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Am I still super slow?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]is it still super slow?

Depends on your PC. Lightning quick on mine but it is 4GB Ram and brand new.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I am super slow!
    Feel sorry for you mate, get some brain training in on a Nintendo D.S ;o)
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]is it still super slow?

Depends on your PC. Lightning quick on mine but it is 4GB Ram and brand new.

Ah my Laptop will probably be useless lol!
  • Options
    still in two minds, going out for lunch in a bit dunno whether just to buy or whether to download demo first hmmmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]still in two minds, going out for lunch in a bit dunno whether just to buy or whether to download demo first hmmmm
    Please keep us informed mate..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well i cant download until i get home tonight, not been lunch yet and given into the FM addiction already..... although i may just get at the weekend.......... oh i really dont know lol been reading the reviews and they look really good.... altho should be working oops :-)
  • Options
    I bought it on Tuesday but still havent played it properly yet. I dont like the new skin, i find its too white, so i hope someone designs a new one soon. Im downloading the first patch along with kits and logos as it bugs me that the premier league isnt officially licensed. Does anyone know if stadium backgrounds from 09 work on the new game?
  • Options
    I'm not encouraging piracy but u can download it for free on the Internet if u have a vague idea of where to look....;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I bought it on Tuesday but still havent played it properly yet. I dont like the new skin, i find its too white, so i hope someone designs a new one soon. Im downloading the first patch along with kits and logos as it bugs me that the premier league isnt officially licensed. Does anyone know if stadium backgrounds from 09 work on the new game?
    Have you tried the dark skin that comes with the game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I'm not encouraging piracy but u can download it for free on the Internet if u have a vague idea of where to look....;)
    Usually I would highly recommend this behaviour, but come on, it's only £15 and I don't think Sports Interactive do any other games!
  • Options
    Is it coming to ps3 tho?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I'm not encouraging piracy but u can download it for free on the Internet if u have a vague idea of where to look....;)[/quote]
    Usually I would highly recommend this behaviour, but come on, it's only £15 and I don't think Sports Interactive do any other games![/quote]

£15, that's cheap! Cheapest I've seen it is £30. In fairness I paid for the last one only to find out it wouldn't work on my laptop and because of the stupid registering thing the shop wouldn't take it back. So they effectively got my £30 for nothing last year.....
  • Options
    I gave in as all this talk made me so went and bought it lol now have to wait till 5 to knock off work and go home and play it for a bit before playing footy, this may be a long 2hours and 20mins :-(

Social neglect starts.....
  • Options
    Also £15 that is cheap think i pair around £25, cant actually remember suprisingly
  • Options
    Ironically Elliott is out injured for six weeks on my game. Haven't got a loan keeper in cos thought I'd give Randolph a chance, and he's let in 9 in 2 games! Not many keepers available for loan either.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thats quite funny, so did u download a free version then? if so bit late for me
    also hows it playing..... i really wanna go home and play mine :-(, also just realise got the family coming over as well as going footy so doubt i will get much chance to play it so looks like staying up till 2 tonight :-)
  • Options
    Yeh i went for the torrent version myself. With games I normally buy them, but the anti-piracy measures on last year's one p****d me off so much (you have to spend half hour registering and then keep the disk with your laptop all the time), allied to the fact it didn't even work on my old laptop properly cos they'd upped the specs so much, made me feel like I hadn't got my money's worth on it last year!

There's no disputing though that they are amazing games. At first there's not that much different to last years other than a cleaner presentation (that takes time to get used to), and different (and to me, easier) tactics. But once you're ten or so games in you do notice a difference, the preset positions are much better for example, and the sideline tactical changes are much easier than going into the tactical screens. If you've never played it before there's also a lot more tutorials and help messages, which are sometimes handy even for experienced hands like me.

And don't worry about the late nights, I really should be doing uni work as opposed to trying to get us promoted....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can you get a version of it for the mac?

Also looking at FoD's screenshot from the previous page we're on our 8th manager in 4 seasons!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Can you get a version of it for the mac?

Also looking at FoD's screenshot from the previous page we're on our 8th manager in 4 seasons!!

Pretty sure the same disc will work on both PC and Mac. FM2007 did anyway.
  • Options
    Yeh I'm playing on a mac. Same file, it automatically puts the right install for you.

Just got Bostock in on loan, him, Shelvey and Viduka as a front 3 isn't too bad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Yeh I'm playing on a mac. Same file, it automatically puts the right install for you.

Just got Bostock in on loan, him, Shelvey and Viduka as a front 3 isn't too bad!

Doesn't quite match up to my Viduka, Vieri, Smolarek strike force, unstoppable :)
  • Options
    Played 8 won 8 so far, came back from 2nil down to norwich to win 3 2 at carrow road also beat saints 5 nil at home. 4 4 2 wingers pushed on as with full backs.

Current line up;
    Elliot
    Richardson
    Barnard (olivier) free transfer ex newcastle and fulham
    Sodje
    Daily
    Ricketts (rohan) free transfer
    Bailey
    Racon
    Shelvey
    Henri camra
    Izale mcloud

Other signings;
    David coneally free trns
    Michael misfud
    Jay emaunuel thomas on loan from gunners
    Sam howson on loan from man utd.
  • Options
    cannot believe it so far has taken over an hour to install so still not played it grrr!!! i hope it does soon as got la family around soon then going to play football, how annoying i just wanna play a couple games first!!!
  • Options
    couldnt get of it till 2am, so bit knackered today lol

PLayed all my friendlies(which is millions), played first 3 games in league won 2, drawn 1. jonjo record 4goals in 3(goal machine), few decent signings: lauren, sanchez watt, hewson, camera, maybe couple more.

I quite like the new format, is quite a bit different but like the new style although just getting used to it. better then the one before i'd say, dont like that you cannot have an arrow for your players who want to go forward wen got the ball. although they do anyway just always looked better with arrows pointing in the direction they go

3rd in the league at mo so bit early to tell, recommend camera on free also as he has 2 in 3(not quite jonjo). im out of carling cup as walsall scored 90th minute goal, but i did play mixture of back ups and youth aswell as couldnt really care really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I bought it on Tuesday but still havent played it properly yet. I dont like the new skin, i find its too white, so i hope someone designs a new one soon. Im downloading the first patch along with kits and logos as it bugs me that the premier league isnt officially licensed. Does anyone know if stadium backgrounds from 09 work on the new game?
    Have you tried the dark skin that comes with the game?

I didnt even know there was an optional Skin. I do now, Cheers Sco.