Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2010

Comments

• Options
    Will never be perfect, and SI know that themselves. Like VG said there are just so many possibilities. Everyone plays the game in a different way, have different PC set ups (unlike consoles where this isn't an issue) and run different leagues. Even when bugs are found, they can't all be fixed and tested straight away.
  • Options
    i have a good squad a midfielders and strikers scoring a bundle, think i am about 6 points clear at the top with brighton in second at mo my team is:
    Elliot
    Lauren pr Richardson
    Sodje & dailey
    Basey(having too good a season so youga not played much)
    Sam on right, did have arsenal youngster sanchez watt who sometimes game in but played more on left. unfortunately had enough loans so could not renew :-(
    so now tend to play bailey or racon there or youga depending on form etc
    shelvey and racon in middle, put semedo up for transfer no-one interested :-(
    Camera & Burton up front

I get my midfielders to score by playing shelvey as Playmaker, sometimes deep lying sometimes attacking. bailey i tend to put on either box to box with support or ball winning support. strikers i have one complete forward and other one poacher seems to work

on bench usually randolph, llera, lauren, Hewson, Waggy, Mckenzie cant remember other one

I hope the board dont make me sell shelvey but i have no problems with any transfers only that wage is bit too high, hence why im selling semedo. i wudnt mind getting rid of mcleod how did u do that? has he played much? did u put him up or offer him let me know
  • Options
    I'm still completely addicted to 09. I think i'm up to year 2019, i started out at Welling and i'm not at Lazio. I still can't help but have a pang of shame when the game loads up and it shows you your total game time. I think i've spent about 10 days of my life playing FM non stop.
  • Options
    I offered McLeod mutual termination, was the only way to get rid of him.
  • Options
    I played Mcleod in JPT (which I won), Carling Cup, Fa Cup and he had an alright scoring record in those so bigged him up in the press but left his squad status as not needed because I only use Viduka, Mckenzie, Mifsud and Burton in the league, with a freebie called Willy Topp as a reserve if one of them is injured. Palace just offered that out of the blue for him and I bit their hand off. Though as I say, I didn't get to use any of the money cos the board nicked it....
  • Options
    Second season I'm 2nd in League One (was 1st for quite a while), fighting with Millwall for the title. Am 20 games in so a long way to go. Bulgarian's never did give me any money unfortunately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Second season I'm 2nd in League One (was 1st for quite a while), fighting with Millwall for the title. Am 20 games in so a long way to go. Bulgarian's never did give me any money unfortunately.

second season already? blimey u must be playing it alot! i have barely done half a season i think, maybe bit more think fa cup 3rd was last game(better then the normal charlton i have done lol and still in)
  • Options
    I have played 14 games in my first season and am currently 4th, but am unbeaten in my last 8 games. I lost to Hartlepool 1-0 which was poor, but beat Tottenaham 2-1 in the League Cup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Second season I'm 2nd in League One (was 1st for quite a while), fighting with Millwall for the title. Am 20 games in so a long way to go. Bulgarian's never did give me any money unfortunately.

second season already? blimey u must be playing it alot! i have barely done half a season i think, maybe bit more think fa cup 3rd was last game(better then the normal charlton i have done lol and still in)
    Had a bit of a head start as I started the game when testing a couple of weeks before it was out.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Had a bit of a head start as I started the game when testing a couple of weeks before it was out.

I checked mine last night, just won the fa cup 3rd round replay and next round i got the scum which go by the name of'Millwall' which should be fun
    I am currently on 20+ games unbeaten and just got S.watt back on loan from arsenal but for rest of season this time & also pacheco from liverpool as back up to shelvey
    so i think i am going to walk the league now..... hate to be modest :-P

I dunno how long will take me to finish season to you not watch in 3d? as i think that may slow it down, also need to start playing bit more just as on computer all day at work cannot be arsed to play on the laptop for too long(unless its poker lol)

forgot to add i am 1st by 4 points and game in hand :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I watch the 3D, key highlights most of the time now. Just seem to get through the games quite quickly.
  • Options
    Whats the latest patch? Also, i cant actually sit there for the whole game (that takes bloody ages).. i just go on holiday whenever i have a game lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Whats the latest patch? Also, i cant actually sit there for the whole game (that takes bloody ages).. i just go on holiday whenever i have a game lol

Mate, just do the commentary. No replays or highlights. Doesnt take long.

Latest Patch is 0.1. They wont bring another one out until after the January Window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Whats the latest patch? Also, i cant actually sit there for the whole game (that takes bloody ages).. i just go on holiday whenever i have a game lol

Really? I like to stand up, shout and get almost as involved as a real match. Besides you can't really get a good idea of where your teams failing.
  • Options
    I have 3rd key highlights with replays of the goals. Shame there's no option to show replays of red cards,penalties & Penalties misses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Latest Patch is 0.1. They wont bring another one out until after the January Window.
    They confirmed there should be one before Christmas as well as one after the January transfer window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

They confirmed there should be one before Christmas as well as one after the January transfer window.

Oh really, why would they release one prior to xmas? Seems pointless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Oh really, why would they release one prior to xmas? Seems pointless.
    Just to tidy things up I think, crash fixes, especially, plus things like match engine bugs and small tweaks here and there. Probably things most people won't notice but if they do effect you can be annoying.
  • Options
    Have Llera set as a ball playing defender, and he did one of his trademark long passes out to Lloyd Sam.
  • Options
    Just signed Vieri on a free. Two days into training, tears his calf. 4 months out. That £5k a week down the drain, FFS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he signed for me for 1.2k a week
  • Options
    For anyone that doesn't know, the 10.2 patch came out a couple of weeks ok. See here.

Today Paul and Oliver Collyer were awarded M.B.E.'s for their services to the UK games industry. I was surprised by that but well done to them, they've been doing it for over 20 years now.
  • Options
    anyone playing fifa 2010 over the age of 16 is a sad fecker
  • Options
    This is nothing to do with Fifa.
  • Options
    anybody who plays computer games
  • Options
    Won the L1 title with Charlton with a grand total of 113 points and not losing at home what so ever and not losing since Oct 3rd

I signed all the Sodjes :D and also got taken over by an Italian
  • Options
    But you cheat by quitting when you lose and playing the games again!!! haha Theres no getting away from that now you've told me Nath...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I signed all the Sodjes :D and also got taken over by an Italian
    Even Steve at Tunbridge Wells (I think).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]anyone playing fifa 2010 over the age of 16 is a sad fecker[/quote]

Got it on wii and i have no interest (a present from the kids) but my 9 yr old son is the nuts!

So its ok to be old and grumpy? ;(
  • Options
    Got the psp version from the mrs, having a mare lost 4 in a row, even when I signed free players I can't afford on the pc version like michael ball and yakubu the rb, keep changing formations but nothing worked, totaly obbsesd with my pc version and can't wait till the mrs goes of to bed so I can get an hour in. Are there any cheap top players there are always a few somewhere, remeber years ago there were 2 strikers one at newport isle of wight called mainwaring and an icelandinc striker call sigporson or somthing cheap as chips but top players. Have signed a bloke called matt tubbs from non league does ok at this level.