Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2010

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Got the latest patch?

Yup.I'm using it from Steam, tried re-installing it as well, but that didnt work
  • Options
    Oh noes.

Can't think of what else to do...soz :(
  • Options
    Halfway through a new season doing really poor, 12th board gave me time to rebuild, and talk of a former player leading a consortium to take over, most of the 1st team have lost confidence in me... bailey got the arse when I took him off and moaned to the papers.. don't understand how brighton are top playing a flat 442 when I switch to that we suck lost 6 3 at walsall!!! At the mo go flat back 4 with dr and dl arrows forward, 2 cbs arrows back, 2 cm, amr and aml arrows forward and two fc. Really need to improve asap or will be axed.

Team is;
    Lars scchuberg?? Gk free from everton norweign 19 year old.
    Daily at rb
    Youga at lb
    Sodje cb
    Lera cb
    Bailey cm
    Racon cm
    Sam amr
    Reid aml
    Misfud fc. 19 goals from 27
    Sodje fc. 13 goals from 21

Bench;
    Shelvey
    Rooney... his brother on loan from macclesfield
    David noble
    Dejan steffanovic cb ex sheff weds and norwich
    Rohan ricketts
    Joe keennan
    Rob elliot.
  • Options
    Adam, is that on FM10?....i dunno how to get the arrows to come up for movement, like the old FM's.
  • Options
    Yeah its 2010 mate, when you go to tactics you can select classic, which I always use as all I've ever know, no shields or fancey symbols just the good old fashioned yellow arrows..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Adam, is that on FM10?....i dunno how to get the arrows to come up for movement, like the old FM's.

you can't mate... movement is controlled by the word options... far more comprehensive now
  • Options
    Which one is it lads, im confused lol

If you can go classic then id be well happy.
  • Options
    You can dude trust me scho will confirm there's a drop down bar on the top right when in tactics mode, where you can 'convert to classic'. Can set player runs like the good old days.
  • Options
    Sweet, will check that out tonight. The new ones are more comprehensive like ISaw said, but i really like the old way. Probably cos im lazy.
  • Options
    For anyone struggling, a narrow system seems to work very well on the game (well it has served me well):

GK

RB CB CB LB

CM CM CM

CAM

ST ST

or

GK

RB CB CB LB

DCM DCM

RCAM CAM LCAM

ST

Formation 1: Full backs not particularly attacking just a solid part of the back four, the central of the three CM's must be an energetic midfielder and oppo dependent should vary between an Anchor/Box to Box. Again dependent on opposition, the two either side can either be Deep Lying Playmakers or standard midfielders... either way they have to be able to contribute to both attacking and defending. What makes the whole thing tick is the trequartista - they invented this role this year so make use of it, a good player in the whole will unlock teams at whatever level. Of the two strikers, a big man/little man is preferable or a poacher/deep lying forward. Base this on attributes but with either you should have a reliable outlet and link for your attacks.

Formation 2: Full backs can afford to attack a bit more (especially at home or against weaker oppo) as long as the double pivot in the middle is disciplined, they should be very defensive in mindset especially if your full backs are going to bomb on. The front four is key here, you'll need an all-round striker (doesn't have to be particularly special as the three behind will weigh in with a LOT of goals, just well-balanced key stats so he can link play and finish what the three behind create). The three behind won't have a lot of defending to do... their key stats will be an assortment of Flair, Technique, Passing, Creativity, Long Shots, Finishing and of course Speed/Acceleration if you want as well.

Factors to choose between them:

- you have one striker better than your other options and who can play alone up front (key - finishing, heading, speed, acceleration... important - workrate, teamwork, composure, strength)
    - you have two very good strikers and you don't feel like you can leave one out
    - your midfield balance is either skewed towards combative box to box players or more creative/flair players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not my game but came across this screenshot-

15ri7nm.png
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone on here uses the SI forums at all, found at yesterday the moderator Serpico died. He was only 44, had been a moderator for around 10 years, used to be the Hull researcher, has helped to beta test FM and was one of those names people recognised on the forums.
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=199157

Not sure anyone here would have heard of him, I always noticed him around and he seemed a good guy. I've even got him on MSN, probably from around the time I started doing the research, though I can't remember if I ever spoke to him on there.
  • Options
    I would just like to announce today I finished my first season as Charlton. We had a season very similar to Charltons. A good start cancelled out in January and February before a couple of free agent signings in early April fired us back up to fourth. We then won the playoff final 4-3. A game which seemed fairly similar to the Sunderland game. Anyway I hope Charltons season ends the same way as my One did.
  • Options
    Lost in the playoffs to swindon lost 1st game 2 1 then won home game but concede in injury time, had about 4 decent loan players in team but got recalled so didn't play in the playoffs really hurt the team. Was bought by simon jordan!! He gave me some good funds over the summer so have a good solid team now, just beat middlesbrough in r3 of the league cup. Bit of money spent but a lot of decen freebies and cheapies. 3rd at mo but unbeaten few to many draws again.

Season 2 team.

Matt Murray gk free from wolves
    Phil bardsley dr 600k from sunderland
    Basey lb
    Tunchev dc free from leicester
    Sodge
    Pennant amr 2m from spain
    Duff aml 800k from fulham
    Jonjo
    Wim der clerk? From greminal berschot dmc 80k wicked player
    Marcus tudguy 1m sheff weds
    Marlon harewood free from villa.
  • Options
    What patch is that with. Jordan dislikes Charlton in the database so shouldn't be buying us!
  • Options
    No patch mate havnt downloaded any. It just says local bussiness man simon jordan. Not sure if its thee simon jordan as has no dislikes or fav staff and the directors are random people who come in with him. When he took over there was constant news he wasn't happy with me then at a press conference I praised him and he gave me a 3 year deal in the summer at 25k a week!!! Kerching!! And 6 million spending money, I'm one of his fav staff now... arse kissing works!
  • Options
    Just got this game, a bit late I know. Downloaded 10.3 patch and started a game with Charlton of course. Top of league one by a margin in January. Haven't been taken over yet though unfortunately. Can't wait for the season to end so I can clear out all the deadwood. This is my best XI:

4kcu44.png

First season signings:

Christian Vieri (free) - scored 17 goals in 22 apps so far. Signed him on a £5k p/week, 2 year contract which was a bit of a stretch but fans go mad for him and season ticket sales go up if you get him early. He is 36 though and can't play 90 mins every week.

Nacer Barazite (season loan from Arsenal) - Attacking midfielder, absolute quality at League One level, gets a ton of goals and assists.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (season loan from Arsenal) - Another Arsenal youngster, left footed who can play across the backline and midfield. Good squad addition, good at League One level.

Chris Basham (3 month loan from Bolton) - Another youngster who is good cover for defence / midfield.

If I get promoted to the Championship, do I get a transfer budget or at least a bigger wage allowance? Any ideas on a good assistant manager and coach for Championship?
  • Options
    The original unpatched version has many bugs as per, including the habit of disliked officials taking over their rivals. So that explains the unfortunate jordan episode! Was gone by 10.2.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]The original unpatched version has many bugs as per, including the habit of disliked officials taking over their rivals. So that explains the unfortunate jordan episode! Was gone by 10.2.
    Yeah thought it was, good to know it was fixed.
  • Options
    Charlton have just been taken over by former director Jim Cook in my game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone got any suggestions for a defender that I can bring in. Im in january during the first season with CAFC and Llera and Daily just dont seem to be cutting the mustard. Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    Just started a new game with the mighty addicks.

Transfers:

Shabani Nonda - Free
    Michael Ball - Free
    Rohan Ricketts - Free
    Marc Albrighton - Loan
    Nacer Barazite - Loan
    Chris Basham - Loan

Hopefully gonna bring in a center back once i have got rid of Yassin, Matt Spring and McKenzie.
  • Options
    De lat from man u always gets above 7 for the season

Shackell or martin taylor on loan do well.

Freebie is thiago gosling 29 year old brazilian with duel nationailty so gets a work permit.

Question for scho,
    I have 2 brazilians who don't have work permits they won't go to angers on loan and board won't find me a feeder club, is there anyway I can a permit for these guys, gona end up just sitting in the ressys counting down the many many days till there british. There contracts will expire before they gain nationailty.. help needed.
  • Options
    If you play moutakil his rating grows quickly with confidence andbecomes a very good wing back
  • Options
    Cheers. I've gone with Ctrl Alt De laet in the end.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Question for scho,
    I have 2 brazilians who don't have work permits they won't go to angers on loan and board won't find me a feeder club, is there anyway I can a permit for these guys, gona end up just sitting in the ressys counting down the many many days till there british. There contracts will expire before they gain nationailty.. help needed.
    I think them accepting new contracts is the only way to re-apply for a work permit. Hopefully FM 11 will actually allow you to apply for a work permit at any time.
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]If you play moutakil his rating grows quickly with confidence andbecomes a very good wing back
    Notice his natural position is down as right wing back, not right back ;-)

The Motherwell researcher lowered his ratings and ability, but I don't think he lowered his potential. Will have to consider that as I'm not sure if he'll ever improve that much.
  • Options
    Is there a way you can filter your player search i.e just for loan signings, free agents etc? At the mo im just typing in the players name i want in the search bit.
  • Options
    Yes, if you click home-then search-filter-edit filter-add-transfer status/contract status

then you can look at players that are transfer/loan listed and players that are out of contract
  • Options
    Some great loan players from the Premiership to sign that have already been mentioned. Craig Cathcart seems to be the pick of the bunch. One not been mentioned before who I tend to go for is Jordan Spence 19 year old centre back for West Ham. Can also play right back. Some other players you can get hold of on loan from Premiership teams include:

Chris Basham - Bolton - DC,DM,MC
    Javier Garrido - Man City - D/WBL
    Ritchie De Laet - Man Utd - DRLC
    Febian Brandy - Man Utd - ST
    Rodrigo Possebon - Man Utd - MC
    Hayden Mullins - West Ham - DM, MC
    John Bostock - Tottenham - AMC
    Zavon Hines - West Ham - ST
  • Options
    Got promoted with charlton first season, finished 2nd behind Huddersfield, in the summer i signed:

Lee Carsley - Free
    John Bostock - Loan
    Sanogo - Loan
    Victor Anichebe - Loan
    Gary Doherty - Free
    Adel Tarrabt - Loan
    Carl Dickinson - Loan

Flying high after 9 games so far, sitting 5th, This is my lineup, play an attacking 4-3-3.

--------------------Elliot
    Richardson - Sodje - Doherty - Dickinson
    ------------------Carsley (c)
    ---------------Shelvey - Bostock
    ----------Taraabt - Sanogo - Anichebe

Good times ahead i can feel it, my attacking 5 are so young and full of raw pace and skill they are causing everyone problems!