Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2010

Comments

• Options
    oh right gotcha. cheers ga.
  • Options
    dont use it every 5 mins i got notifacations from steam very annoying
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]what the hell is steam?

i just put it on me laptop and play!

I think is where you game is held on the web somewhere, that way you can play the same game off different pcs.
    No idea with other games but I think with FM it still installs on your PC, but you can get automatic updates and a few bonus features (achievements and skins, not actual game features). You also don't have to play with the DVD in the drive.
  • Options
    im in 2018 , just won the prem for the 3rd season in a row , won the champ league twice
  • Options
    I'm a bit further ahead than that, but can't regularly break into the European places. Best players always end up wanting to leave. Probably have to find young players and develop them, the players that will improve my team are usually too expensive.

How big has anyone got The Valley? Has anyone moved to a new stadium? I've got it expanded to 40,600, biggest it should be able to be.
  • Options
    I can't find this in the app store, loads of others but not football manager.Am I blind or has it gone?
  • Options
    I'm still playing 08, the new one don't work on my laptop. Any idea what laptop I would need to play it??
  • Options
    lol i stopped playing this by december, then picked up again march for a week with bromley but cant be fussed get too addicted

think i need to miss next one, loose valuable social time & poker time :P
  • Options
    As tom said, where is the ipod version and is it any good? Thinking of getting it for my ipod touch. Got it on my psp but the psp versions always wind me up for some reason.
  • Options
    With Steam there is no DVD at all, you just download the entire game. I use Steam for a vast majority of my games now. Automatic updates, no storage problems with DVDs, and if you wipe your hard drive/move to a new PC all you have to do is download the games to the new system (at no extra cost since you've already paid for the game).

I'm playing Football Manager Handheld on the iPhone. In the 2020/21 with Oxford, finished 2nd in the Premiership last season (first year in the Prem), and won the FA Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]As tom said, where is the ipod version and is it any good? Thinking of getting it for my ipod touch. Got it on my psp but the psp versions always wind me up for some reason.

The iPhone/iPod version is immense. It's much more like Championship Manager 3/4 than Football Manager, but an absolute blast and you can finish a season in a few commutes to work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom- k[/cite]I can't find this in the app store, loads of others but not football manager.Am I blind or has it gone?

I am having exactly the same problem.
  • Options
    I'm with Sampdoria in the 2013/2014 season and about to qualify for the Champions League after saving them from relegation the previous season. I left Charlton after getting them into the Premiership as I didn't think I could keep them up after blowing most of the transfer budget on Freddy Adu and David Beckham. Steve Cotterill took over and has kept them up ever since. Parkinsons still out of work!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tom- k[/cite]I can't find this in the app store, loads of others but not football manager.Am I blind or has it gone?

I am having exactly the same problem.

They have taken the App down as they're making a new one for the new season with the new transfers etc. I don't know this, it's just a guess.
  • Options
    iPhone game should be available soon. From the SI forums

Hi all,

Update 4 (version 1.6) went live on the AppStore in the early hours of this morning and we're aware of an issue causing it to crash upon startup on older devices.

If you've already updated and cannot currently play the game, please accept our apologies. The team are working on it as a matter of urgency and we'll be rolling out a fix as soon as possible. Don't delete the app from your phone otherwise you'll lose your save games - once we've addressed this issue the fixed version should allow you to pick up from where you left off.

If you've not yet updated and have an iPhone 3G or earler model, or a 1st or 2nd generation iPod Touch then I strongly recommend you don't download 1.6 and wait until we release a fix.

If you have an iPhone 4G, 3GS or 3rd generation iPod Touch, you should be unaffected but again I would still recommend waiting until we've investigated further and fixed the issue.

I will update this thread with more information as we progress, thanks for your patience.

Stu
  • Options
    I'm now manager England on the 2009 game. Charlton are about to start the new season in league 2.
  • Options
    Im in 2023/24 and have just retained the Champions League as Plymouth. Charlton are languishing in 15th place in League 2. The Valley has had its capacity reduced due to safety problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Never liked the way in almost every version Charlton would drop down the leagues if you didn't manage them. Turned out to be accurate. It was happening on versions well befor I had anything to do with it.
  • Options
    January 1st 2017 - Inter Milans Jonjo Shelvey wins World Footballer of The Year

Anyone else lost interest in playing since seeing the 2011 announcement video?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    halfway into the 1st season of a new game with burton albion.. target is to obviously attempt to avoid relegation and i am currently sitting ~6 or so points off the playoff positions! even better is that i've just made it into the 4th round of the FA cup by scoring 3 goals in the second half to beat brighton 3-0 ;) now been drawn to play notts forest away in the 4th round :o

does everyone use their own tactics? because that's what i'm doing :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 World Cup, 1 European Championship, 1 Confederations Cup, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 2 La Liga, 1 Premier League, 1 Bundesliga, 1 Serie A, 1 DFB-Pokal, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Supercopa de España, 1 Ligue 1, 1 Coupe de France, 1 Coupe de la Ligue

All in the same game.
  • Options
    is fm 2011 available to pre-order yet? also when's it out?
  • Options
    "Before Christmas", which should mean late October or early November. They say that every year and eventually announce a release date.

It's usually available to pre-order now so I'd imagine it is on most sites.
  • Options
    Scho, on 2010 is there a list anywhere of young players who have the 'touted as the next....' I've just edited 2010 so its bang upto date with players and managers and leagues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Scho, on 2010 is there a list anywhere of young players who have the 'touted as the next....' I've just edited 2010 so its bang upto date with players and managers and leagues.
    Might be in the good players section of the SI forums, or maybe an unofficial site. It's generated by the game so can be slightly different each time.

Not my game but saw this screenshot earlier

terrorinchelseastadium.jpg
  • Options
    FM 2011 out 5th November. That includes PSP version not just PC/Mac.
  • Options
    I asked in game on weds and they said 29th of october scho.
  • Options
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/226268-Football-Manager-2011-release-date

Was announced officially earlier. 29th was the estimated date everyone seemed to use.
  • Options
    Do they ever release it on Xbox or PS3
  • Options
    No, was an original Xbox version years ago though. I remember reading something saying one of the main reasons was coming up with a good control system for a console.