Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2010

Comments

• Options
    Any one played the iphone version?
  • Options
    looks like im the only one who was champions first attempt :o) haven't played it since before christmas at least!
  • Options
    I've got the iPhone version. Got promotion via plays offs agaienst millwall!!!

I'm 10th in the championship atm.
  • Options
    Finished 3rd in my first season and went up in the Playoffs (beating Millwall 6-0!), finished 11th in the Championship the next season and am currently top of The Championship in my third season.

3-2-1-2-2

Arnau

Smalling
    Batth
    Ciaran Clarke

Richard Hughes
    Emmaneul-Thomas

Shelvey

Albrighton
    Cleverley

Luke Moore
    Serges Deble
  • Options
    Just won the premiership with Leeds in my 2009 game! Howson & Delph have now won league 1, the champions and the premiership. Charlton are flirting with relegation to League 2, as they have been doing for the past 5 seasons or so! Hopefully they'll sack their manager and I'll jump ships.
  • Options
    Leeds??

You should be Charlton.

I sold shevley to Arsenal in my first season for 3.3 million and then 10% if he is sold on.
  • Options
    Finally sucumbed and bought this a few weeks ago when I got my new laptop (nice and powerful so I can play with loads of leagues!). Anyone else find they get a lot of injuries and knocks? I seem to pick up at least 1 per match, sometimes 2 or 3. I've tried reducing the intesity of training etc but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is it a faeture of the new game? It's probably not that unrealistic but I seem to be gettting a lot more injuries than in previous versions.
  • Options
    Burton, Mcken is always injuryed. I released both after the first season.

Signed Charlie adams and boazza after promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Leeds??

You should be Charlton.

I sold shevley to Arsenal in my first season for 3.3 million and then 10% if he is sold on.
    It was impossible to manager Charlton in 2009 and I was shite at the game!
  • Options
    That was pardews excuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been promoted to the Prem in 2nd Place with Leeds top and Southampton going up in the Playoffs after my third season in charge. Probably going to set a new record low points total this season though! Offered the Man Utd and Newcastle jobs but turned them down. £7m to spend in the summer and missing out on pretty much every player I try to sign...except for David Beckham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Finally sucumbed and bought this a few weeks ago when I got my new laptop (nice and powerful so I can play with loads of leagues!). Anyone else find they get a lot of injuries and knocks? I seem to pick up at least 1 per match, sometimes 2 or 3. I've tried reducing the intesity of training etc but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is it a faeture of the new game? It's probably not that unrealistic but I seem to be gettting a lot more injuries than in previous versions.
    Have you got the final patch (10.3.0)?
  • Options
    Ive managed to get Charlton Promoted in consecutive seasons on FM. 1st season in League 1 we won the league. Im sure you will all be aware that there is no money and a tight wage budget. The end of that season all the lads left on free's because i could afford contracts so i had to sign a whole set of new players. I managed to get them to gel and we won the Championship too. Im now in my first season in the Prem. My team is as follows.

Amos

Degen M'Voto Gunning Contento
    Semedo
    Racon Osbourne
    Shelvey
    Harewood Macheda

I have only bought two players! My first prem season budget was 7 million and i bought Gunning for 3.5 and Contento for 1Mill. I have about 2.4 mill left and i wanted to sign a prolific striker but i couldnt so i loaned Macheda.

I can not get rid of a few deadwood players still.... i released quite a few... im doing well though, currently 12th in the prem after 9 games. I have played Liverpool, Man city, Man Utd and Arsenal so far too. Need to replace Harewood but hes doing well for me! 4 goals in 9 games as target man
  • Options
    Currently having a break from manging us, started a new game last week as the manager of the mighty dover athletic.. am king pin at the crabbapple stadium. Signed lots of free agents ones of note alexis somthing ex chelsea dmc, and a guy called gomes dmc. Currently 4th in blue square after 20 games, was linked with sheff weds job somehow!! Just wanted a change so hopefully do a season or 2 with dover then get a lower league job then work my way up, its great to be signing players for £15 per week and getting an above 7.00 out of them week in week out. No cheats or easy formations simples 4 4 2 with tinkerd roles and attidudes. Really satisifying, got to fa cup 2nd round where we lost to bournemouth so no disgrace and got a good 20k for the club to, if you only manage cafc or a big team give lower leagues a go stick with it as easy to get bored and fustrated and give up but don't, set up one of scho's databases the other day so gona try to get lowest local league possible active so get either eirth and belvedere or the mighty thamesmead up the leagues.
  • Options
    You probably had your reputation set as professional player or former international, better off with Sunday League or semi-pro when managing that low down (unless you want to move to a bigger club early on).

I guess you mean the level 10/11 databases I linked to? Not mine but I helped with a few bits by testing it out. Make sure you get the latest version. It's weird at that level, players are so terrible it's hard to tell who the better ones are.
  • Options
    Lost in the play-off final to Colchester on penalties first season. Then managed to find some bargains including Tim Krul from Newcastle for 150k, Liam Rosenior and Ryan Bertrand on frees and loaned in Jack Cork and Adel Taarabt, who scored 20 goals from attacking midfield. Won the league with 103 points going the first 22 games of the season unbeaten mainly thanks to my 16 year-old striker Rob Rooney (no relation) who came through the youth academy. Scored 25 goals and now has Man U and Man City sniffing around him. Financially in trouble though and only have 65k to spend for the Championship, should be interesting...
  • Options
    My laptop never lets me play it. What package do i need to play??
  • Options
    Played 8 seasons, got promoted twice in first 2 seasons then slowly climbed up the prem from there.
    Then while messing around in the 8th season transfer window, i forced the board to sack me and took a job at kettering. This was followed by an accidental save and i didnt have a backup since the 3rd season.

Was pretty pissed.
    Made some good signings though. The old Sergio Garcia and the young Barreta and Dentinho served well up front in the latter seasons, while Vieri, Kanu Sibierski and co got me the first 2 promotions.

Feels like to much effort to start again so may keep playing my Arsenal save until FM11 comes out.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    New features for FM 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdYfzfZ9rs

I'm still on 2009, with 599 game hours
  • Options
    very exciting times once more!!! FM is my winter entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just coming to the end of the 2034/35 season in my save as Charlton.

Started off as Welling and after 15 long, painful years, managed to get them into the premiership and then champions league. Then took over at plymouth for 2 years before taking over Charlton, who had just been relegated into league 2. Now, we're a established premier league side, and won the FA cup last year.

Its funny what has happened by 2034. Rooney is manager of England, Scotland and Ireland have both won the world cup, Chelsea are fighting for their lives in the championship, the big 4 in the prem are Man City, Aston Villa, West Ham, Notts County and Shelvey is currently manager of Inter.
  • Options
    on my mates game jozy altidore was manager of man utd for a whie

and kyle naughton manager of england
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Just coming to the end of the 2034/35 season in my save as Charlton.
    You're mental!
  • Options
    LOL wss i agree!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Just coming to the end of the 2034/35 season in my save as Charlton.

Started off as Welling[/quote]

Did you choose them at the start or did you start as unemployed?
    I want to do a career save when fm 11 comes out, and eventually take Charlton somewhere
  • Options
    For people currently playing it, do you have to use the accursed Steam and if so can you subsequently play offline? I quite like a manager sim for the laptop for long journeys, but have an underlying feat that Steam will make that tricky. Am I paranoid?
  • Options
    Nah ain't gotta use Steam.
  • Options
    I've never used Steam myself but I'm sure you wouldn't have to be online. Will be people out there that don't have the Internet, they're not going to stop them from playing it or not having the choice of using Steam.
  • Options
    what the hell is steam?

i just put it on me laptop and play!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]what the hell is steam?

i just put it on me laptop and play!

I think is where you game is held on the web somewhere, that way you can play the same game off different pcs.