Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer return - Baseball is here again

Comments

• Options

Bye-bye Yankees bye-bye.

Not much shut-eye tonight with Cards-Phils decider at 1.30am followed by the QF downunder.

Should be a fantastic game at CB Park.

COYRedbirds.

• Options
    YANKEES LOSE. NATION REJOICES
  • Options
    One nil to the Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redbirds v Brewers in the NLCS. Two teams from the same division.

Rangers v Detroit in ALCS

St Louis v Detriot in Series is my prediction.
  • Options
    who would have picked these 4 at the start of the season 
    .. makes for a great end of season
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Now the Yanks are out I can enjoy it whoever wins!
    Of the 4, I'd quite like to see the Tigers do it this year. (Cue 4-0 loss to Texas!)
  • Options
    Yep, tigers for me now.  Great for Detroit.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    One nil to the Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Redbirds v Brewers in the NLCS. Two teams from the same division. Rangers v Detroit in ALCS St Louis v Detriot in Series is my prediction.
    Just finished watching the tape of the Cards win. What a game. Brilliant defence (especially by Furcal and Punto) behind the superb Carpenter. Horrible to see Howard going down injured (ruptured achilles) still trying to make first base on the last out. Brewers with home field advantage will be very tough (Carp not available until game 3) but the Cards have that Wild Card momentum. Would be great to have a repeat of the 2006 WS: Cards v Tigers (La Russa v Leyland). Cards v Brewers at 9pm tonight SkyCh430. GO CARDS!!!!
  • Options
    Texas Rangers go 2 up in the series after a 13th inning Glad Slam.  Now the games move to Detriot

Cardinals share the first two games in Milwaukee so its 1 - 1 as the go back to St Louis.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Another crucial split of the opening 2 games away from home by the Cards. Game 2 turned into a stroll with the home seats emptying before the 7th innings stretch. Most amusingly, the odious Nyjer Morgan (aka T Plush) demonstrated once again with the bat (0 for 3) and in the field that his talent is no match for his mouth - "Alberta" (as he calls Pujols) thrashing 5 RBIs, two past a pathetic effort by T Plush himself in Centre Field. Learn some respect sonny. 

Aces go head to head tonight at Busch. Massive.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Another crucial split of the opening 2 games away from home by the Cards. Game 2 turned into a stroll with the home seats emptying before the 7th innings stretch. Most amusingly, the odious Nyjer Morgan (aka T Plush) demonstrated once again with the bat (0 for 3) and in the field that his talent is no match for his mouth - "Alberta" (as he calls Pujols) thrashing 5 RBIs, two past a pathetic effort by T Plush himself in Centre Field. Learn some respect sonny. 

Aces go head to head tonight at Busch. Massive.

Watched the re-run last night.  "we can see you sneaking out" would have been the tune had it been a football match.

Liked Albert and some others making "beast" signs : - )

Cards did get lucky with the double play call.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very enjoyable win that but the teams are pretty evenly matched - 9-9 during the regular season, though the Cards won 6 of the last 7. Could be a game 7 nail-biter.

COYRedbirds

• Options
    Been watching the playoffs past couple of nights, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. 
    I am a fan of American Football, been watching it for about 6 years now, but had never really watched a whole game of baseball. It is a lot more complex and interesting than I thought, I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it's called the thinking man's game. 
    Anyway, I'm rooting for the Tigers in the playoffs. I have already picked a team for next season. As I'm a Giants fan when it comes to the NFL I'm going to have to throw my lot in with the Yankees. Sorry all you Red Sox on here... 
    Be watching tonight with a beer, c'mon Tigers!  
  • Options
     I have already picked a team for next season. As I'm a Giants fan when it comes to the NFL I'm going to have to throw my lot in with the Yankees. Sorry all you Red Sox on here... 
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Don't do it!!!

Presumably, your reason is because they're New York? Why not root for The Mets?
    Alternatively, you could go for San Francisco Giants, then both of your teams have the same name!!

;-)
  • Options
    supporting the Yankees is like being a arm chair Man U fan from Surrey, only 10 times worse. 

go for the Mets or anyone but the Damn Yankees.
  • Options
    And the SF Giants used to be the NY Giants
  • Options
    Or as you are a Giants fan why not go for the Giants?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    New York Giants fans are almost always Yankee fans. Mets and Jets, Giants and Yankees. 
    Couldn't be a Mets fan. 
    Why be like supporting Man U Henry? 
    Plus I am an armchair fan! America is too far for an away game. 
  • Options
    Man utd and NYY draw same reaction from other fans for their arrogance and expectation of success.

Anyway. Tigers kept themselves in the fight by winning to make the series 3 - 2 to Texas.

Brewers won last night to make it 2 - 2 with the Cardinals. Tonight is huge as last game in St Loius. If Cards win then confident we'll win one in Milwaukee. If we lose then Brerwers will be ahead with two home games to go.
  • Options

Watched the Tigers last night, I've seen a fair bit of the ALCS and it has been very enjoyable. Very tight for the most part. Verlander was awesome last nigh, he threw 94 strikes (the most in a post season game since Schilling in 93). However Cruz managed to hit a homer off his 100mph fastball, very impressive all round.

The Tigers also hit the first natural cycle (single, double, triple, homer in succession) in post season history.

I think whoever gets through it could be a very exciting WS, I can't pick too much between any of the sides

• Options
    Tigers out now - Texas reach the WS for the second year in a row.

I think I'd rather the NL team win the WS though, but that's only because of the Rangers having the George W Bush connection.

I'll stick my neck out and go for the Cards.
    Come on you Redbirds!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched some of the game last night, Tigers pitching just completely collapsed when the pressure was on. Bit disappointed as I wanted them to win, have to agree about the Bush connection. Before the game one of the umps was having a good old chin wag with him, not sure I would be too happy if I was a Tigers fan seeing one of the officials have a chat with a member of the oppositions owners.

So with me not wanting the Rangers to win it I will have to go with someone in the NL, think it will have to be the Brewers (been to more games with them involved than any other team). Sorry Cards fans
  • Options
    Tigers lost then? B*gger, I liked them. 
    Hmm... Guess I'll be rooting for St Louis then, one of the few teams I have heard anything about. 
    Plus (warning, woman moment) their logo is pretty. 
    Ahem, grrrr! C'mon Cards!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

YO CARDS!!

NL Champions.

Crazy game 6 but La Russa and Cards bullpen did the biz yet again. Big for the Cards not to go to game 7 as Carpenter now takes the mound for Game 1 of the World Series on Wed night in St Louis.

COYRedbirds

• Options
    Like the way that Pujols called time when Fielder was at the plate for what will probably prove to be his final at bat for the Brewers

Class
  • Options
    Rangers level it 1 - 1 with a 2 - 1 win in the 2nd game.  Texas scored twice in the 9th.

First game was 3-2 Cards so two tight games.

Cards not hitting the runs the way they did in the other play-off games but all still to play for.
  • Options
    Allen Craig seems to be consistent for the Cards
    David Freese has had a hit in the last 12 Post-Season games now
    .. or I think that's what I heard on ESPN :o)
  • Options

Huge for the Rangers to split the first two in St Louis (just as the Cards did in Philly & Milwaukee). A shame that Garcia lost the win too - pitched a blinder. 

At least we're getting the ESPN coverage and not the insufferable Tim McCarver on Fox.

COYRedbirds

• Options

KING ALBERT 16 RANGERS 7

GO CARDS!!!!!

• Options

This is one funky World Series. Cards shut out. Series tied 2-2.

Aces pitch tonight. Bring it home Carp!!

• Options
    Big big game tonight. If we win this we will win the Series Imho. 3 - 2 up with games at Busch to come will be enough.

Carpenter will do it on the mound and Freeze will get the hits