Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Well either Murray or Chappell must be surely !

Or both of them...

or neither of them.

If neither were backing him, he'd be out of a job by now.

how do you know he isn't ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hope you are wrong adam. Have you seen the Lansdowne Investments peice above. Make you wonder !

read it again mate, dosnt sound to sound to me to be honest. thought varney was comming to be the saviour of the club but reading that we could be just one of many and a feeder club.. just get given what players they 'own' ala tevez. would rather it was a clear statement that charlton was there only target sounds a bit messy and would explaine if there is an offer why its taking so long to sort out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hope you are wrong adam. Have you seen the Lansdowne Investments peice above. Make you wonder !

read it again mate, dosnt sound to sound to me to be honest. thought varney was comming to be the saviour of the club but reading that we could be just one of many and a feeder club.. just get given what players they 'own' ala tevez. would rather it was a clear statement that charlton was there only target sounds a bit messy and would explaine if there is an offer why its taking so long to sort out.

Would possiby explain the silence over PP perhaps
  • Options
    Let's End this MassDebate and Come together with the thought of - If it happens it happens if not sh1t happens
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Let's End this MassDebate and Come together with the thought of - If it happens it happens if not sh1t happens

What on earth is wrong with a masterbate ? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Let's End this MassDebate and Come together...

blimey
  • Options
    the inbetweeners thread has merged onto here ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Let's End this MassDebate and Come together...

blimey

lololo
  • Options
    Thank gawd for that Adam, thought you were going to put a picture up! :O
  • Options
    Thought that'd create some smiles ;o) You childish peoples!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone would think we were Deportivo Wanka fans !
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MAybe we should become London Wanka Fans ;o)

URGENT EDIT
    Wait that sounds wrong i meant change CAFC to LWFC then we'd be London Wanka Fans!
  • Options
    DWankaHSS0203New.gif

saw some blokes in the NWQ on sunday wearing those shirts..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]With respect to Chizz who posted on another thread. I think this is relevent.

Posted By: Chizz
    Found this

Eden Hazard is one of a number of young players being targeted by a group of London-based football investors.

The group, Lansdowne Investments, thought to be headed by former Charlton Athletic Chief Executive Peter Varney, has launched a fund to "acquire the services of and rights to footballers with significant potential". Lansdowne's spokesman explained: "we are looking to sign agreements with a number of footballers in the UK and abroad to give them the opportunity to widen their experience by playing for different clubs. As their experience and expertise grows, we will allow them to be acquired on a mpore permanent basis by talent-hungry, leading clubs, such as those who traditionally find themselves in the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League; FIFA World Cup and other tournaments".

The investment portfolio is not limited to footballers, but may also include the risky world of football club investment as well. "We may look at the opportunity to become involved as equity holders of one or more football clubs. To that end we are in discussion with a number of clubs. We believe the mix of talent available to us could be used to benefit clubs currently outside the top echelons". When asked which clubs were involved, the spokesman declined to comment.

Lansdowne was launched as a shell vehicle in 2008 by a number of football-experienced investors and is understood to have the backing and guidance of at least one former Premiership manager.

Hazard's agent was not available for comment.[/quote]

Even if this is true, it won't really matter, as we would be the only football club in this country they would be able to buy, ownership or any financial involvement of two clubs in the same competition is not allowed. Hope this is all true as Peter Varney was superb for this club and just makes me wonder if he knew what is in store for us this season before he left. Would like to see Murray stay if any deal did go through though.
  • Options
    Lansdowne Investments, Lansdowne Mews? Billy Lansdowne?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Lansdowne Investments, Lansdowne Mews? Billy Lansdowne?

Que ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Lansdowne Investments, Lansdowne Mews? Billy Lansdowne?

Do you know what, I thought of Lansdowne Mews and the spurious possible connections when I read it.

Just off to buy some straws that need clutching at.
  • Options

I wondered about the Lansdowne Investments / Lansdowne Mews connection.

However, 'Lansdowne Investments' as a company in the UK doesn't appear on a google search.
    Is that, p'raps, as it's a new company ? ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Phantom User[/cite]

I wondered about the Lansdowne Investments / Lansdowne Mews connection.

However, 'Lansdowne Investments' as a company in the UK doesn't appear on a google search.
    Is that, p'raps, as it's a new company ? ....

Or it doesn`t exist at all ?
  • Options
    Or it doesn`t exist at all ?
    ----

I did wonder that, too, but thought the other explanation might be better ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need Chizz to tell us where that whole piece came from !
  • Options
    Has anyone ever seen Peter Varney and Martin Freeman in the same room?

martin-freeman.jpg

charlton22211news1.jpg
  • Options
    Ah Deportivo from Huancayo. The team I supported when I lived in Peru.
    Sadly no longer in business, a blow as the rights from shirt sales alone could have kept them going.
    The Peruvian championship is currently being led by a bunch of medical students at San martin University in Lima who formed a club three or four years ago and have since won the league twice despite having no home ground
  • Options
    Peter's dream:

cafc_470_300_470x300.jpg

one day...
  • Options
    it's a beauty!

it's only the SEQ and SWQ and Jimmy Seed that need bodging then!
  • Options
    If PV is not involved in a takeover then I hope he quashes the rumour very soon because I couldn`t take another Zabeel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Do you know what, I thought of Lansdowne Mews and the spurious possible connections when I read it.

Just off to buy some straws that need clutching at.

Same here....

Maybe Lansdowne is a newish company and is yet to file any accounts hence not being able to find it...or we dont have the full name of course
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We need Chizz to tell us where that whole piece came from !

I searched extensively at lunchtime for the article and couldn't find it anywhere. A link from Chizz would be nice as until then I think it's hogswash.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If PV is not involved in a takeover then I hope he quashes the rumour very soon because I couldn`t take another Zabeel.

I personally don't think he is involved, ie not actually fronting it, but whether he is helping the Club with attracting an investor is another matter.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If PV is not involved in a takeover then I hope he quashes the rumour very soon because I couldn`t take another Zabeel.[/quote]

The ramifications left by the Zabeel thing went very deep into the soul of the club....everyone but everyone was left bitterly dissapointed.No one can say how much that in turn effected the club on the pitch....but within the workings of the club it was a dagger in the heart that's for sure.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!