Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Good point - let me know how that goes !

No chance, Dazzler - what's said in Bromley, stays in Bromley... ;-)
  • Options
    I heard it from a very good source on Sunday that something is happening, but due to the pending redundancies, nothing will be announced or followed up until the dust has settled on that, due to the sensibilities involved etc etc.
  • Options
    However, there has not been a sniff in the media for weeks, despite charlton being very much in the news having themselves been relegated and playing a part in norwich's relegation. The rumour is only being given air time by hopeful fans on this board.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    On refelection........ as this was only a unsubstantiated rumour re a member of staff I've decided to remove my post.
  • Options
    I am not saying I think a takeover is about to happen, but things must be going on behind the scenes or Parky would be not spouting off about things like he is. If there is things going on it still does not mean we are about to be taken over.
  • Options
    Anybody heard any more about the takeover rumour.
  • Options
    can't see anything happening, and am more and more thinking it was a ploy to get more people to renew their ST's... Which I hope isn't the case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]can't see anything happening, and am more and more thinking it was a ploy to get more people to renew their ST's... Which I hope isn't the case.

Dont get this argument at all.

Season ticket sales havent been rocketing anyway and I dont think the Board have made any statement on a proposed takeover.

Perhaps I am missing something in your point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]can't see anything happening, and am more and more thinking it was a ploy to get more people to renew their ST's... Which I hope isn't the case.
    Surely a actual takeover would boost ST sales rather than nothing happening?!
  • Options
    As someone else commented, it would make sense for the redundancies to happen before any takeover goes through. The new administration would want to start with a clean slate before deciding on a new structure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not the Board making any talk ......... just the rumour mill in the papers.

And on here ;o)
  • Options
    Thers a story in the SLP today that says the Varney lead consortium takeover plans are at a crucial stage and that if it goes through Parkinson is a dead man walking.

Also on the CAFC BABES website someone with a good track record for all things going on at The Valley ( same person who broke the news Hudson had signed even though he was still playing for Palace in last years play offs ) claims that a deal is still 'far from done' but that Peter Varney had been is involved in talks with 2 investors from the middle east.
  • Options
    Interesting stuff, Frank ......... but the Board has said nothing as yet.
    Quite right too.
  • Options
    If nothing is announced within the next few weeks, then i won't hold my hopes up.

As we saw within Zabeel, nothing is ever done till everything is signed.
  • Options
    Neither Peter Varney or the club have denied the rumour and surely one of them would have if there was no substance to them. Also, whilst Peter Varney was in charge very little was leaked to the press, its only since he left that our deals have appeared in the papers.
  • Options
    Should we get them to talk to tempo ?

Don't sign on the dotted line until you talk to Tempo......
  • Options
    I really hope Peter V comes through with this one. He was very well loved and respected in his time here and I always loved the fact that our dealings were a secret from everybody until they happened - it seemed a good way to go about things.

I get a different vibe this time to the Zabeel deal - this one seems more sensible rather than the fanfare and craziness that surrounded Zabeel (which just wasn't what we are all about)
  • Options
    Lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

When and only when it's on the OS will it be true.

Until then I'm not building my hopes up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]As someone else commented, it would make sense for the redundancies to happen before any takeover goes through. The new administration would want to start with a clean slate before deciding on a new structure.

Well, I was told by one highly placed employee on Sunday and his colleague, who was nodding in agreement re the redundancies holding things up, and nothing will happen until that process is completed.
  • Options
    I will not build my hopes up because that way it can poetically dissapear into obscurity and if not bonus!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I really hope Peter V comes through with this one. He was very well loved and respected in his time here.

I think Peter might have a wry smile if he read that one given some of the stick he used to get but you are right. Generally and by the majority he was well thought of, me included
  • Options
    Did you share the same taste in Cardigans, Henry ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I really hope Peter V comes through with this one.

Its not really for PV to come through on, its whoever the money people are.

PV's role is obviously to help lead the horse to water.
  • Options
    I think we have all learnt our lesson from the last takeover, we should leave it well alone until something is announced, and the ink has dried on the paperwork
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I really hope Peter V comes through with this one. He was very well loved and respected in his time here.

I think Peter might have a wry smile if he read that one given some of the stick he used to get but you are right. Generally and by the majority he was well thought of, me included

If anyone ever slagged PV off to me i would give them a short sharp shrift
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Did you share the same taste in Cardigans, Henry ..... ?

;o)

The cardigans is a bit of a myth actually but it has become a part of CL folklore now.

Although I did once bump into Peter in Uniqlo in Bromley were the now infamous ZIP UP JUMPER was purchased.

Peter had many flaws two of which were not using the correct name for the Jimmy South Stand and thinking "live, love, laugh and be happy" was "too hippie-ish" but overall he did an OK job I suppose : - )
  • Options
    How long does due diligence take?

It's just that I've bought TWO lucky dips for tonights Euro Millions.
  • Options
    The article below is about the Arsenal takeover battle but it makes reference to the plight of the three recent premiership clubs relegated from the Championship this season. The author seems to think we are in a much better position then the other two.

Plight of the 3 relegated clubs
  • Options
    think there will be a long battle ahead before anything gets done.
    But hopefully the outcome will be good please god.

But i hate all this "lets get the redundancies out of the way". Some of these people are friends.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]The article below is about the Arsenal takeover battle but it makes reference to the plight of the three recent premiership clubs relegated from the Championship this season. The author seems to think we are in a much better position then the other two.

Plight of the 3 relegated clubs

Not wanting to in anyway disagree with Wyn Grant's analysis he maybe ever so slightly bias towards us : - )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!