Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• I'm taking the afternoon off to go home and watch SSN
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Doesnt really affect the players really.

None of them will be signing the documents!

But Parky has an interest, doesn't he? And you mean no directors - old or new - will bother to get along to a first team match tonight?

Or will the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Dublin be diverting via Lonndon City and Hereford?
    Do you really think the important Directors will say to potential new owners who they have been trying to secure a deal with for months:

"Nah, not tonight lads, we're going to Hereford"
  • edited August 2009
    I might expect new owners to be a bit more aware of the fact that there is a first team fixture....
  • I will look to the sky at 3.30
    and expect at the least a flaming comet
    with a winged messenger riding a golden
    chariot atop it
  • Don't think it will be today somehow....later this week maybe?
  • [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]I will look to the sky at 3.30
    chariot atop it

More likely to see the Four Horsemen...........
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Doesnt really affect the players really.

None of them will be signing the documents!

But Parky has an interest, doesn't he? And you mean no directors - old or new - will bother to get along to a first team match tonight?

Or will the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Dublin be diverting via Lonndon City and Hereford?
    Do you really think the important Directors will say to potential new owners who they have been trying to secure a deal with for months:

"Nah, not tonight lads, we're going to Hereford"

How sure are you???

more sure than you've ever been before.Or as sure as you was last month and the month before.(Was you sure last month and the month before?i have no idea)
    Just know that every person that has made a prediction like that in the past has been made to look very very silly.
  • I don't think i've commented much on it to be honest (other than my October prediction ages ago).

Don't like getting involved with silly rumours.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't think i've commented much on it to be honest (other than my October prediction ages ago).

Don't like getting involved with silly rumours.

By all accounts, nether does 123CAFC or whatever his name is on 606, and he didn't cover himself in glory last week.

I'll believe it when I hear it...p'raps once it's on the OS...
  • So we are now going to keep refreshing this page for another 6 hours before we are disappointed yet again :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm prepared to look very, very silly.
  • I've heard bugger all. I can't remember who told me....
  • [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]I will look to the sky at 3.30
    chariot atop it
    Spooky!
  • We are on 793 comments......by 3:30......what will it be? 1000? haha.

Hope it is sooner rather than later as we need to get some players in. Defence and a proven goal scorer.
  • Just noticed AFKA's not online this morning.....

Could he be in SE7 , summoned (oops! meant invited ) by RM to represent the plebs at a certain unveiling....?
  • Please let this be true!!!!!!

Otherwise Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]I will look to the sky at 3.30
    chariot atop it
    Spooky!
    Does this mean Wednesday's more likely than today?
  • If 3.30 is the time then I predict the first maoning post about our new owners to made by 3.34 (probably by N Gray on 606)
  • not to mention the special one off loyalty payment for all those at the first match after the takeovers announced
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]If 3.30 is the time then I predict the first maoning post about our new owners to made by 3.34 (probably by N Gray on 606)

If it's 3.30 today, then I think I've already beaten Nick Gray to it - see above re expecting them to know the fixtures ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• guys, guys, guys, (and girls !),

Not sure whether WSS is on a wind-up or passing on what he has heard, but i can assure there will be NO announcement today. Nor do i believe one is planned yet for the very near future.

That is all i know, so you excited ones in the back rows can return to your seats.
  • Not looked at this thread since post number 160.....anything interesting happened?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]guys, guys, guys, (and girls !),

Not sure whether WSS is on a wind-up or passing on what he has heard, but i can assure there will be NO announcement today. Nor do i believe one is planned yet for the very near future.

That is all i know, so you excited ones in the back rows can return to your seats.

That's a lot of cornflakes you've just 'dirtied'
  • GREAT!!!!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BOOOOOO!

Spoil sport where is the fun in that? You could have said that at 3.31 and let us dream until then (and so we could also have the chance moan at you for not telling us sooner)

BOOOOOO BOOOOOO

That means I have to stay at work this afternoon
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'm taking the afternoon off to go home and watch SSN

Amen to that.Just turned it on.Natalie Sawyer for the next few hours for me.
  • [cite] Nor do i believe one is planned yet for the very near future.

That worries me
  • This should be an Automatic Weeks Ban WSS for putting out BS and any other lamb that does it as well
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I'm taking the afternoon off to go home and watch SSN [/quote]

Amen to that.Just turned it on.Natalie Sawyer for the next few hours for me.[/quote

Is that the blonde doe eyed northern lovely?

How long does it take to buy a debt riddled football club ffs!