Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Hope is a good breakfast and a bad supper.
  • ...and a mediocre lunch!
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Does anybody honestly believe things will happen next week? The number of locked on dates seemingly total more points that Parkinson won for Charlton. Eventually someone will get it right, so let me be the first to say we will have the definitive (OS Reported) decision on either the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th,16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of August....FACT.

what happens if its announced today?
  • I send you ten quid.
  • Thanks Scoham for post #708.(not sure how to bring forward a quote from a previous page) Classic scripting!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Bottled beer in the west stand?[/quote]

Cardigans in the superstore .. they have been requested of martin Simmons before - I kid you not!
  • Daily mail reporting takeover finalised and will be signed early this week. Source close to the club saying it's in the best interest of the club.

" in the best interest of the club" sounds like we're about to be put down?
  • Heard it all before
  • really cant understand the amount of people that get so wrapped up in this takeover..what happens will happen and nobody can change that...all we need to do is get behind the club...RED ARMY
  • Brilliant MoS report there...."rumours of adminsitration"...they were the ones that started the administration rumours weren't they. Garbage journalism at its best again IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    " in the best interest of the club" sounds like we're about to be put down?

Brilliant line- love it, nice one Sillav, that made me chuckle!!
  • Christ i just got a rush of excitement.....

Come on boys....

Lets big it up!!! 550 million to spend and finally finish off the stadium... oh hang on that was zabeel... d'oh

so 3 million to spend and proper charlton grit and determination and calamity , and hope and pain and all the good stuff...

Ok good...

Lets keep the run going...
  • oh come on would anyone on hear really like to be taken over by some unknown bloke form anywhere with the wealth of citeahs chairman, and spend £100+ on players? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]oh come on would anyone on hear really like to be taken over by some unknown bloke form anywhere with the wealth of citeahs chairman, and spend £100+ on players? ;-)

Of course!!!! We were all up for it... or most of us were... but with the way the negotiations have gone, it feels like these guys dont have a bottomless pit...
  • You don't actually get much for £100 these days.

I'd be looking at a transfer budget of at least £200 ;)
  • Speaking to two people in the ground last Saturday, one person stated that takeover is that close (with forefinger and thumb just apart). He said that you would not recognize Charlton when the take over takes place, but he was not talking about the playing side of Charlton. The other said that two parties are still interested in taking over Charlton. So this could prove positive. Don't shoot me, I am only passing on what I have heard. This comes from persons who are involved with Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite] He said that you would not recognize Charlton when the take over takes place, but he was not talking about the playing side of Charlton.

Sounds intriguing!....What was he alluding to?
  • [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]He said that you would not recognize Charlton when the take over takes place, but he was not talking about the playing side of Charlton.

Our kit. Once the takeover is complete our home kit will be red and blue stripes.
  • Was this fella orange by any chance? :)
  • this thread started on the 18th June! it started with:
    i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

it's been a long few weeks!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite][b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]He said that you would not recognize Charlton when the take over takes place[/b], but he was not talking about the playing side of Charlton.

Our kit. Once the takeover is complete our home kit will be red and blue stripes.

We graced that ground, with a quality team, for a few seasons, and now we move onto the kit! :o)
  • just a thought but would anyone on here agree to a takeover if it meant moving from the valley to a new purpose built ground. i'm a no by the way?
  • i took it to mean after the transfer window is closed.That close and 31-08-09 does not make any sense, any better ideas.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]just a thought but would anyone on here agree to a takeover if it meant moving from the valley to a new purpose built ground. i'm a no by the way?[/quote]

Depends exactly where, but a no. If we can stay at the Valley and develop the capacity to 40K then that's fine by me.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]You don't actually get much for £100 these days.

I'd be looking at a transfer budget of at least £200 ;)[/quote]

Richardson, Dailly and Llera all came on free transfers, imagine what we'd get for £100?
  • Now that things are looking brighter and people are wetting themselves that we beat wycombe, should we now knock the takeover on the head?
  • edited August 2009
    In response to what Lewiscoaches heard:

It could mean it is the Ryanair guy? All tickets will be just 22p, but then we'll have to pay £10 to get through the turnstiles, £5 if you're not wearing a replica shirt, £3 if you want a clean seat and 50p every time you go to the loo. Plus £25 in taxes beyond his control. And that's as long as you book six months in advance. Otherwise all prices treble.

The team will play in blue and yellow.

We'll still play at The Valley. Just it won't be anywhere near Charlton anymore...
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Now that things are looking brighter and people are wetting themselves that we beat wycombe, should we now knock the takeover on the head?

One swallow doesn't make a summer. One win doesn't mean we're not deep in financial doo-doo.
  • Can someone put a picture of tumbleweed for me, please. I don't have access to a computer at the moment. Thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]In response to what Lewiscoaches heard:

It could mean it is the Ryanair guy? All tickets will be just 22p, but then we'll have to pay £10 to get through the turnstiles, £5 if you're not wearing a replica shirt, £3 if you want a clean seat and 50p every time you go to the loo. Plus £25 in taxes beyond his control. And that's as long as you book six months in advance. Otherwise all prices treble.

The team will play in blue and yellow.

We'll still play at The Valley. Just it won't be anywhere near Charlton anymore...

.............And kick off would be an hour late.