Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• so anymore smoke?
  • isn't it time this takeover had a makeover?
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]isn't it time this takeover had a makeover?
    What time is Tuesday's press conference?
  • just been watchin a 7 hour hungarian film.. not sure which is more tedious and barmy that or the takeover thread.
  • Whisper from a friend that a certain " Big Name" from CASC was announcing from his seat on Sat that the takeover WILL be announced tomorrow - no ifs, or buts - a cast iron certainty.

As they say, don't shoot the messenger.
  • If I had a pound for every time I'd heard that........I'd have at least £14. Probably.

Still, someone's going to be right sometime and there will be enormous CL kudos to whoever calls it correctly!

And I hope you're right!
  • Fanny's right. It's today. Remember where you heard it second.
  • I too have heard something similar.....although I've a heard a hell of a lot of bo11ocks over the last few months.
    Fingers crossed though.
  • Guys.....

I just bumped into a drunk Aussie called bruce who said that the Institutional International Cribbage Bango Players have presented an audacious last minute bid to by charlton...

Unfortunately they couldn't raise enough funds so a bit of a non starter...
  • Like most of us I have taken the rumours lightly ... zabeel was enough for one lifetime and I don't want to go through that again!

I am not in UK this week but received a message from a person who I trust completely ... he was in the West Stand lounge on Saturday and is more or less convinced from discussions he had with people there (don't ask me who, I don't know, and haven't had time to get back to him) that announcement will be tomorrow ... probably will be as I am not around!

Also, as always there were some scouts from West Ham at the game (and Newcastle) looking at Shelvey - apparently they did not appear to understand the interest in him based on his display - good stuff Jonjo, keep the performances understated until September :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuesday makes sense for the announcement so that the SLP can have a world exclusive scoop on the back page of their twice weekly rag.
  • So todays the day then ?
  • Might be, might not be
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Might be, might not be[/quote]

Thats what i'd heard
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]So todays the day then ?

or tomorrow if stonemuse is right...
  • My best mate's cousin is friends with the bloke that knows someone that knows a lady who is friends with someone who works at The Valley & I can exclusively reveal that the takeover is done & will be announced on the day with a Y in it - can't say much more than that as I'm sworn to secrecy but you heard it here first. :0)
  • Today it is then :-D
  • There is no y in tommorow. Must be today. ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]There is no y in tommorow. Must be today. ;)

Or perhaps the day after :(
  • Guys, it is happening today. Expect something at around 3.30.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Guys, it is happening today. Expect something at around 3.30.

That's a bold statement.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Guys, it is happening today. Expect something at around 3.30.

That's a bold statement.

No, this is a bold statement
  • All them charlton lifers looking quizzically to the heavens round about 3.30 then.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Guys, it is happening today. Expect something at around 3.30.

Won't everyone be on their way to Hereford by then? Are they announcing it live from the team coach??
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Guys, it is happening today. Expect something at around 3.30.

Won't everyone be on their way to Hereford by then? Are they announcing it live from the team coach??

Because our new owners are so rich and powerful, we've been given a bye to the next round.
  • Doesnt really affect the players really.

None of them will be signing the documents!
  • 3.30 it is then?

ok now i will start to ave hope normally a voice of reason wss i hope your right
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Doesnt really affect the players really.

None of them will be signing the documents!

But Parky has an interest, doesn't he? And you mean no directors - old or new - will bother to get along to a first team match tonight?

Or will the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Dublin be diverting via Lonndon City and Hereford?
  • Hmmm, come on Glenn. Bit of a mean wind up