Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Mmmmmm..........dont know about some of his contacts, i bet his wife has a few contacts as well
  • Just had a text from RedarmySE7 who has just been down to The Valley, just driving out and who should drive past in his shiny blue BMW.........Mr Peter Varney.

Was he there to pick up his Orient tickets after hearing they were going quickly or to oversee the signing of the takeoever contracts???

You decide!
  • i hate this thread! Too much misinformation. I'm quitting it until the takeover's officially confirmed or denied. after 22 pages i've reached breaking point!
  • [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i hate this thread! Too much misinformation. I'm quitting it until the takeover's officially confirmed or denied. after 22 pages i've reached breaking point!

But there's only 45 minutes until the announcement ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Just had a text from RedarmySE7 who has just been down to The Valley, just driving out and who should drive past in his shiny blue BMW.........Mr Peter Varney.

Was he there to pick up his Orient tickets after hearing they were going quickly or to oversee the signing of the takeoever contracts???

You decide!

He drives a red Merc
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Just had a text from RedarmySE7 who has just been down to The Valley, just driving out and who should drive past in his shiny blue BMW.........Mr Peter Varney.

You decide!

He drives a red Merc

Obviously he can afford an extra car now. I wonder where the extra dosh has come from?
  • ..... mmmh so I take it its 3.30pm GMT and not swiss time....
  • [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]..... mmmh so I take it its 3.30pm GMT and not swiss time....

Most likely Eastern Standard Time given who the new owners are
  • SE7 Expat,
    Where are you in CH?
  • Sponsored links:

• It was definitely him...
  • 24 minutes. :-)
  • sh(t i dont know whether to go to bed.....
  • Nuffink on SSN................so far.................
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Nuffink on SSN................so far.................

Or on the OS.....yet...
  • Mascot, go to bed. If they're wrong you'll be pissed off for staying up for nothing. If they're right it'll be a pleasant surprise when you wake up in the morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]SE7 Expat,
    Where are you in CH?
    yes mate, Nyon not far from Uefa headquarters
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Nuffink on SSN................so far.................
    did you check Al Jazeera ?
  • Looks like the Mail on Sunday was not on the spot at the weekend, anyone know who the journalist involved was?
  • Good stuff. I'm in Lugano
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]14 mins
    8 mins
  • Been down to the Valley just now to get Orient tickets, no sign of anything at all, quiet, the bloke in the box office knew nothing....BUT he did assure me that there are over 10,000 paid for season tickets, and they have just asked for an extra 500 match tickets from Orient, and he reckons the Charlton turn out there will be 2.5k especially if we beat the forthcoming two H's. It blimmin cost £33 for the two tickets I bought for me and Seth jnr.
  • you're mad, the lot of you !
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Looks like the Mail on Sunday was not on the spot at the weekend, anyone know who the journalist involved was?[/quote]

It doesn't matter, we heard from Mick Collins that it's the policy of the Daily Mail to only write the truth and assiduously check and double check their sources, so it must be true.
  • Three minutes. Come on I'm tired and waiting to go to bed!
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Three minutes. Come on I'm tired and waiting to go to bed!
    one minute
  • So far 100% of takeover rumours have proved to be attention whoring, so anyone that listens, is a fool.

*sits mashing F5 while staring at the unchanging front screen on the OS*
  • Noooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooo ffs its my birthday all I wanted was a makeover arg I mean a takeover
  • So much for the Mail then.......

I'm so pissed off that I am going to hold my breath until the takeover has completed.

If I should die think only this of me.....there is some corner of Woolwich etc etc.