Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• any news on a take over?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]any news on a take over?[/quote] yes there is no news #938
  • Well, I want to talk about Albatross', who killed them off?
  • Are we there yet......?
  • if we are nor a "PLC" then why did we HAVE to do an EAGM re the Take Over and Zebel ? if this painfull total BoLLOX thing ever happens then it wont be a take over but a buy in under the majority share rule.-------------no huge money.

AKFA mate would you mind explaining how you knew yesterday the WSS was on a wind up re an anouncement ? and we wont hear for "the near future" - this sorta implies you know when we will hear.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

AKFA mate would you mind explaining how you knew yesterday the WSS was on a wind up re an anouncement ? and we wont hear for "the near future" - this sorta implies you know when we will hear.

Was WSS on a wind up or was he reliably mis-informed?

AFKA is one of Derek Chappel's speed dials.
  • Is afka behind the takeover?
  • I was informed of something but was not holding on to too much hope in all honesty. That being said, this thread is brilliant and I could not resist putting it out there.

AFKA told me off.
  • Should be a 6 month ban
  • [cite]Chizz[/cite]What time is the press conference this afternoon?
    It's ok, I have found out now, thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• whoever is taking over I reckon Breacker has been sent as an advance party. There to assess the squad and decide where it needs strengthening so that they are able to fully utilise the five remaining days of the transfer window once the takeover is done and dusted. I mean, how come we could afford to take him on but can't afford to get in centre half cover ? We could have continued as before and brought in an assistant once the takeover was confirmed, no real need at the moment. Add to that the fact that he sits in the stand all game and not influencing events on the pitch also points to an watching brief. Does mean though that the takeover is imminent.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

AFKA told me off.

Did he have "words" WSS?!
  • I know there were some rumours about David Gold being interested, looks like Carson Yeung is back after Birmingham so Gold may be free to bring his dirty money down here.

Scurrilous rumour of course, but that seems fair game on takeover threads
  • To be honest I just want the damn thing over one way or the other. 19 days till the transfer window closes and we still need at least three senior players in.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]To be honest I just want the damn thing over one way or the other. 19 days till the transfer window closes and we still need at least three senior players in.

Couldn't agree more
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]To be honest I just want the damn thing over one way or the other. 19 days till the transfer window closes and we still need at least three senior players in.
    1. The takeover WILL be done (ie completed) and dusted (ie announced); but...
    2. It will NOT happen before the transfer window closes; but...
    3. We WILL sign the senior players we need (possibly three, more likely, two); but...
    4. This IS all guesswork.

Hope that helps
  • What's all this I hear about a takeover?
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]To the person who mentioned plc rules surely charlton ain't been one of them for years. Troublingly I had heard from a good source that takeover was about drip feeding money as we climb the leagues. This factored in two televised cup games this season - us in the big club in lower divs v higher div club role. Which would explain todays announcement being put back until after tonights game. Now we are only in fa and windscreen cups has the price dropped, or has it maybe scuppered the whole deal? :(

This could be true, as the man in charge of the champions league for ITV is a Charlton Fan, and he is working working on a deal with Arab TV. FACT!
  • Are we still 5th ?
  • F5 + me = Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is nothing has been heard by Friday is the fans forum going to chase the board for updates?
  • sorry i was bored!!
  • p.s would ya....? no not DJ Pablo.
  • The best thing about this thread is that I can ignore it completely, since there's no chance we'll be taken over by anyone with any money. If any takeover does happen, it'll be by people like Varney, who aren't worth 25 billion and are only doing it through love of the club. In the current economic (and footballing, considering our position in division three) we're about as attractive a proposition to billionaires with idle cash as watching Bella Emberg climb out of a bath of baked beans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]If any takeoverdoeshappen, it'll be by people like Varney, who aren't worth 25 billion and are only doing it through love of the club.

No one, and i mean no one, throws new money into a football club now through the love of the club. Those days are well gone.
  • Bella Emberg's URL
    http://www.bebo.com/aimingforthepink

i'd have a pop!!!
  • maybe we should just take that and take cover
  • The forum can chase the board for answers all day if they like, will make no difference if the parties involved are legally bound to keep quiet until its signed & sealed, waste of time & effort, they will tell us as & when they can, dont you think they want this put to bed as well?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The forum can chase the board for answers all day if they like, will make no difference if the parties involved are legally bound to keep quiet until its signed & sealed, waste of time & effort, they will tell us as & when they can, dont you think they want this put to bed as well?

All true of course but can understand the frustration and this is really seriously starting to affect our chances this season. We need players in and out and there is not much time remaining to get things right on the playing side. Squad is for all to see far from adequate.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]The forum can chase the board for answers all day if they like, will make no difference if the parties involved are legally bound to keep quiet until its signed & sealed, waste of time & effort, they will tell us as & when they can, dont you think they want this put to bed as well?

All true of course but can understand the frustration and this is really seriously starting to affect our chances this season. We need players in and out and there is not much time remaining to get things right on the playing side. Squad is for all to see far from adequate.

Completely understand the frustration, but you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs first, and It's always darkest before the dawn.