Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?

• Thought it was 4.15
  • I'm going for 3.45.
  • I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?[/quote]

2.30[/quote]

Is there a press conference this afternoon? Surely the team will be on its way to hartlepool. The team conference was yeseterday
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.

Any Luton vans been ordered E?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?

Is there a press conference this afternoon? Surely the team will be on its way to hartlepool. The team conference was yeseterday
    I guess the team doesn't need to be there to discuss new owners/plans etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I blame 9/11, The BNP, The Illuminati, Opus Dei, Nick Gray, Jonathan Ackworth, the Polish bird in my office this morning with the figure to die for, Boots reward cards, Sarah Palin, The NHS(how topical am I?), Jermaine Defoe, and Jeremy Kyle.

Any Luton vans been ordered E?

If I told you, I would have to kill you afterwards, specifically no long ones anyway :-)
  • edited August 2009
    So you're NOT denying it then E.........I'm now beggining to sit up and take notice!! LOL.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm heading down there incase these owners need to know what we are about please add any comments you need discussing as i have a very short list for them.

1. ordering tickets on the blower
    2. Ticlet office queues
    3. Clean seats
    4. the sun getting in the covered end.
    5. Beer no bottled.
    6. Andy Gray should have a free transfer.
    7. why was the fans forum meeting cancelled
    8. Why the quid extra for valley express.
    9. Why are the 1st not here!!!
    10. Why can't WSS sit with his dad ;-)

Anything please add
  • Sponsored links:

• How much Waggott is getting paid?
  • 12. who is to blame dowie, murray, wagott, pardew, parky
  • 13: Does natural yoghurt really work?
  • 14. Who Shot JR Ewing?
  • 16 Who stole number 15?
  • Come on, keep to topic
  • 17: Why was Llera wearing Dicksons #17 shorts on Saturday?
  • edited August 2009
    18. How many Board members does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • [cite]Posted By: ERed[/cite]14. Who Shot JR Ewing?

Who shot Lloyd Sam in the car park in Ireland?
  • edited August 2009
    19. Was it all a dream?
  • Sponsored links:

• I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.
    For me it just makes sense that regardless how much money will be brought in that we do not show our cards. I reckon we are currently signing/talking to players and getting them at a normal price
  • [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.
    For me it just makes sense that regardless how much money will be brought in that we do not show our cards. I reckon we are currently signing/talking to players and getting them at a normal price
    There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.

I don't think there will be millions, but we don't really know that do we? You're really saying there's no chance of the new board even giving Parkinson £500k to spend? The current board have no real money to invest, surely they want a new board that can at least put something into the club?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.

I don't think there will be millions, but we don't really know that do we? You're really saying there's no chance of the new board even giving Parkinson £500k to spend? The current board have no real money to invest, surely they want a new board that can at least put something into the club?
    No sales = no money for purchases, but, the club stays afloat.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    No sales = no money for purchases, but, the club stays afloat.[/quote]

You seem to be talking in absolutes but of course we have no way of knowing. I would have thought that any board taking control would have budgeted to have some money to spend. Otherwise it's a little like buying a house and having no money to furnish it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    No sales = no money for purchases, but, the club stays afloat.

You seem to be talking in absolutes but of course we have no way of knowing. I would have thought that any board taking control would have budgeted to have some money to spend. Otherwise it's a little like buying a house and having no money to furnish it.
    That's a very, very good analogy, in my opinion. So, we're going to end up in a new house, with no money for furnishing. Instead of being made homeless.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]There will be no significant, additional funding. Any transfers will have to be paid for by fees received.

Well Parky states that we may be operating on different levels in the market depending on what happens, so assuming he is talking about wether a takeover happens or not I think its fair to say there will be a significant cash boost should it come to fruition.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.

Not sure that any takeover being announced just before or after the transfer window closes really fits the current facts. The Barnsley manager has been quoted as saying that he has been told that the deal for Gray was being held up by the takeover and was under the impression that it was due to happen last week and didn`t. More loose ends to tie up or bigger problems ? Parkys comments about buying players from different pot depending on takeover would imply to me that the deal is not done and is still ongoing or off.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]I just think that we will be taken over and the annoucement will happen just before/after the transfer window closes.

Not sure that any takeover being announced just before or after the transfer window closes really fits the current facts. The Barnsley manager has been quoted as saying that he has been told that the deal for Gray was being held up by the takeover and was under the impression that it was due to happen last week and didn`t. More loose ends to tie up or bigger problems ? Parkys comments about buying players from different pot depending on takeover would imply to me that the deal is not done and is still ongoing or off.
    No, Barnsley's manager said he thought the deal for Gray should have been tied up last week (fair time-scale, seeing as Gray's agreed terms and had a medical), but didn't proceed because Charlton's takeover hadn't taken place by then.
  • Well nothing yet