Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Yep fingers crossed all round
  • I wonder if the champers will be won today?
    It would 'seem' that yet another week looks likely to have passed us by.
  • The champagne was for the 1000th post right?
  • Woohoo ONE THOUSAND... I win!
  • According to my thread there are 1011 posts but thats maybe because I've had all of the whispers relating to what is really happening.
  • All the takeover announcements normally happen on a Friday ;-)
  • two posts on the trot disqualified !
  • I have leaburn taking it. He done well, showed good patience before lining up the kill. Fair play.
  • Was just trying to get in there before this thread is sunk and replace by today's STICKY - TAKEOVER FINALLY GOES THROUGH :)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]According to my thread there are 1011 posts but thats maybe because I've had all of the whispers relating to what is really happening.

You know absolutely nothing. FACT!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]According to my thread there are 1011 posts but thats maybe because I've had all of the whispers relating to what is really happening.

You know absolutely nothing. FACT!

Great attempt carly to goad WSS into spilling the beans if in fact there are any beans or if the tin is open ;0)
  • edited August 2009
    Reds boss Simon Davey told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"The takeover was supposed to happen and it didn't."

Is the deal dead? Would he be in the know?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/8200423.stm
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    Oops, when whispers go wrong.
  • I read that as it hasnt happened yet. not that it is off.

I now await someone to whisper me its off.
  • I do hope its still happening. Davey probably meant what you read it as Curb_it...I hope. If it does happen I'll see if I can get another signed apology from him like when they beat us 3-0 the season before last.
  • At bloody last.....
  • Happy to put my neck Swiftly on the line and say............

The takeover will be announced TODAY (Friday 14th August).

Then, just like Fred Flintstone we can all shout Aboo Dhabby Doo in celebration.
  • I must admit that I thought any takeover would be announced (if ever) first thing in the morning - isn't that when they have to let the City authorities know? If there's no sticky when I log-in first thing each day here, then I don't expect any announcement that day.

I could be completely wrong, though...
  • Abu Dhabi, is that a clue?
  • So on or off?

16379-White-Person-With-A-Red-Head-Attached-To-An-OnOff-Switch-Lever-Crouching-Over-And-Struggling-To-Turn-The-Switch-On-Clipart-Illustration-Graphic.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]Happy to put my neck Swiftly on the line and say............

The takeover will be announced TODAY (Friday 14th August).

Then, just like Fred Flintstone we can all shout Aboo Dhabby Doo in celebration.

Don't do it to yourself Phil.You'll get yourself a reputation like the rest of them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]keover would be announced (if ever) first thing in the morning - isn't that when they have to let the City authorities know? If there's no sticky when I log-in first thing each day here, then I don't expect any announcement that day.

I could be completely wrong, though...

They announced the Zabeel interest late on a Friday afternoon. They can announce at any time of day they want although I might be wrong. Basically they announce it when it's done or if it's off.
  • Target 2000 is on.
  • Off...........surely if anything was to be done as reported in the press over the last two weeks it would have be have been concluded by now, i cant see it happening now, it has dragged on to long
  • Its done.Been done for months.New owners want to remain anonymous forever.If it hadn't,The Valley would be a Tesco extra by now and we'd all be following Gillingham.

;-)
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • IF it's anything to do with AEG then my guess is they are preoccupied with all things Wacko Jacko and might not want to do anything until they know if they are getting their arses sued off the by the Jackson 4
    just a thought
  • The takeover being held up by the death of MJ, fantastic, best one i've heard yet. Well done!
  • er yes - just a thought - one you should keep in your own head and not share it with the world. unless of course you were joking.
  • Can anyone tell me what time this afternoon's press conference officially starts?