Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• can we all threaten to go and support Palace or something???

(large winky thing ;)
  • Saw a load of people milling about the main entrance this morning as we drove past. didnt look like the normal crowd that would be going in for meetings or kids. saw a bloke witha camera also. Okay it was just your average joe camear and not a tv one but still..
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Saw a load of people milling about the main entrance this morning as we drove past. didnt look like the normal crowd that would be going in for meetings or kids. saw a bloke witha camera also. Okay it was just your average joe camear and not a tv one but still..

Was it the first team ?
  • Stadium tours have started haven't they?
  • SE9SE9
    edited August 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Saw a load of people milling about the main entrance this morning as we drove past. didnt look like the normal crowd that would be going in for meetings or kids. saw a bloke witha camera also. Okay it was just your average joe camear and not a tv one but still..[/quote]

Apparently there is somekind of advert being made down there today
  • another one? Hope we charge plenty for whoever it is.
  • The Collapse of the Takeover is due to be announced at the next Press conference apparently :-)
  • Cant help feeling the "take over" will go through a very very very small tad after the transfer window closes, therefore our new Board cant put their hands in their pockets re transfers -- o dear never mind. Of course there will be the satements " very complicated" " could say much " " none disclosure" etc etc etc etc " Transfers would be inflated" , but but but but the taste will be new board + NO DOSH and we struggle on.
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Cant help feeling the "take over" will go through a very very very small tad after the transfer window closes, therefore our new Board cant put their hands in their pockets re transfers -- o dear never mind. Of course there will be the satements " very complicated" " could say much " " none disclosure" etc etc etc etc " Transfers would be inflated" , but but but but the taste will be new board + NO DOSH and we struggle on.

Surely there are two sides to that. Nobody expected us to keep Bailey, Shelvey and others and if we do that it would be a positive wouldnt it?
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Cant help feeling the "take over" will go through a very very very small tad after the transfer window closes, therefore our new Board cant put their hands in their pockets re transfers -- o dear never mind. Of course there will be the satements " very complicated" " could say much " " none disclosure" etc etc etc etc " Transfers would be inflated" , but but but but the taste will be new board + NO DOSH and we struggle on.

Surely there are two sides to that. Nobody expected us to keep Bailey, Shelvey and others and if we do that it would be a positive wouldnt it?

Nobody expects us to keep Bailey,Shelvey and others..............what makes you say that with such a profound staement?
    If we have to, I can see maybe one of those two going in January but not both(this is based on the current set up still being in place)....we aren't paupers, hard up as we are 'at present' I agree but we're not at the gates of hell just yet by any means.
    We just may be going to have a good season, so I can't see us offloading and ruining it before we've hardly started, that would be suicide.
  • Sponsored links:

• The camera crews and people at the Valley this morning where for a Credit Card commercial being filmed at the ground
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

How do we know we have kept them for sure?

There are still more than two weeks left in August and there have been a few Januaries in the last few years where we've been mugged on the last day of the window. Parker, Murphy, Reid to name but 3.

Who is to say the same couldn't happen in August?
  • true, sorry, just trying to keep positive
  • I reckon the takeover will be announced tomorrow, for no other reason than I'm going to be in the pub all afternoon for a colleague's leaving do, so will miss all the excitement until I stagger home and check Charlton Life.
  • edited August 2009
    Sorry to drag this thread back into the world of 'relevance/reality' but the following report may contain hints as to when developments may start to occur - early next week perhaps?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34603

you never know..
  • i read that the same Razil
  • Linky thing doesnt work
  • "Wade signed a non-contract in order to play on Tuesday, but he needs a longer deal than that. A decision on Wade will be made early next week."

Hmmmm Could be.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i read that the same Razil

Yep, read between the lines me thinks
  • I missed that one, but read this part and came to the same conclusion:

"We haven't had any contact [from Barnsley] over the last week and there certainly won't be any movement until after the weekend. I wouldn't like to let any player go unless we've got a replacement coming in. We let players go around this time last year but left ourselves short in certain areas."
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]I missed that one, but read this part and came to the same conclusion:

"We haven't had any contact [from Barnsley] over the last week andthere certainly won't be any movement until after the weekend. I wouldn't like to let any player go unless we've got a replacement coming in. We let players go around this time last year but left ourselves short in certain areas."

And this quote

"There are plenty of players out there who we have been speaking to. When we know what we've got to spend, we can put that into place, and Tres is an option for us if someone went and we needed a big front player.

"Whatever happens behind the scenes, we need new players. What market we shop in remains to be seen. There are players we need to move on and there are players we want to bring in to freshen things up. We're ready to do that when the time is right and we're able to do so."
  • plenty of hints and could be interpreted as something happening soon but we've been saying that for ages. Seems too as if Dicko isn't really in his plans.
  • I guess it's a case of Parky hoping it'll go soon. I don't think "When we know what we've got to spend" is just about getting money for the likes of Gray and Yassin, got to be partly down to any takeover happening as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The camera crews and people at the Valley this morning where for a Credit Card commercial being filmed at the ground

Maybe we should be asking those taking over "Whats in your wallet"?
  • With the lack of breadth of the squad, the takeover needs to be wound up soon or we will find ourselves playing the back up to the team that played at Hereford within a few games.

• Nothing going on here still :oS
  • Its strange last week we saw 3 storys saying its nearly done and we would hear this week and yet again nothing, no one seems to know! Parky hints that maybe next wee we will know in his latest comments. Sounds like any day now, fingers crossed its today
  • This takeover has to be the only thing kept 100% secret ever at Charlton.

Is there *actually* a takeover?
  • All seems to tie in with what was reported as being said by Barnsley manager regarding Andy Gray and a self imposed ( I presume) transfer embargo. Could it be PP applying a bit of pressure by saying how much needs to be done with the squad in what is now a very short timeframe ? Whatever, this needs to be resolved by the time we meet Orient.
  • More fuel that the takeover really will happen soon as Barnsley have taken an attacking midfielder on a short term loan with reports that they are continuing the pursuit of Charlton striker Andy Gray, who cannot move back to South Yorkshire until the takeover of the League One side is completed.